Foiling A Bowl: The Tail Method

jfeldstein

sounds like a good idea! I'll give it a try since I use QL as well.

And JasonBallou, you should probably spend a little bit of time on this forum...EVERYONE uses regular alumnium foil...Unless you're trying to sell some of your "hookah foil"

• 4 weeks later...
ive been using this method ever since i first read it!!
i love it. you dont have to worry about the ash at all, and smooth the whole way through. and its so easy to clean without ash everywhere, just dump it off, light another coal, and bam.

been using it since i read her.... worked great for me...

thanks a lot for posting the idea

I used to do this, but I noticed a problem. If the bowl was packed too tightly, the top layer of burnt shisha would stick to the foil, and then when you moved it, it would twist the shisha around in the bowl, effectively either moving all of it at the same time and making this method not work or only move the top layer and tear it around, making more of the now-exposed shisha burn.

Whenever I've used it, moving the foil just messes with the shisha. Not saying it never works (because it's a good idea), just giving a caveat.

QUOTE (jasonballou1 @ Jul 7 2008, 05:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Reynolds Wrap! What are you thinking? Household aluminum foil releases binding agents when used under the hookah coals. The fumes from these binding agents cause Parkinson's and Alzheimer's! That's why hookah foil exists; it is made to withstand the higher temperatures. Spend a couple of cents per sheet and save a bunch of brain cells.

Joke maybe?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (NUBBS @ Aug 9 2008, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (jasonballou1 @ Jul 7 2008, 05:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Reynolds Wrap! What are you thinking? Household aluminum foil releases binding agents when used under the hookah coals. The fumes from these binding agents cause Parkinson's and Alzheimer's! That's why hookah foil exists; it is made to withstand the higher temperatures. Spend a couple of cents per sheet and save a bunch of brain cells.

Joke maybe?

Yeah dude where did you hear this?

QUOTE (jasonballou1 @ Jul 7 2008, 03:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you must be stupid. im almost certain no household foils are not galvanized. why do you think that there was a commercial where reynolds had actors playing the roles of housewives teaching people how to make a package with the foil, add ingredients to it and cook it over a CHARCOAL BURNING BARBEQUE GRILL, and still be able to serve the food that was cooked in it afterwards?

Your attempt to be smart failed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
new to these forums.. but i just tried this i loved how it worked.. but at the end had a little hookah accident wink.gif lol tripped over the hose and burnt the carpet with the coal luckily the coal was basicly all burned so it didnt start a fire... parents house who dont approve of hookah that could have ended pretty badly tongue.gif

DONT mind me bringing this thread back from the dead lol

• 3 weeks later...
Tried this tonight, using someone's suggestion for two layers of foil: one on bottom with normal holes, tight to the bowl, one on top with a segment approx. 1/5 of the area of the bowl cut out to function as the tail piece. It didn't work so well. The bottom layer of foil ended up being more depressed than the top layer, as it bore the weight of the coals, and so air would still get in through the "covered" holes and I'd get almost no smoke. If I put the coal slightly on top of the top layer, so it held it down and prevented the air leak troubling me before, then it burned the shisha. I'll have to try this method again, varying amounts/density of shisha, and maybe doing one sheet of foil on bottom instead of two. Either way, it's definitely an interesting idea; my only concern is it'll inevitably burn the shisha if you have no air flowing through non-coal-covered holes. For those of you who've pulled it off successfully: do you cover the holey part of the foil completely? or leave some room for cooler air to get in?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...