Tangier's Lucid Line Is More Expensive?

Why is the new line more expensive, it's merely a washed tobacco and can't cost much more to produce yet it's price has jumped to $16 for 250g at Neal's... Suddenly Tangier's isn't such a deal, and I was really hoping this line would be something awesome.

It might cost them a good bit more to wash it. Not really sure. It's new, and probably meant to compete with brands like fantasia, starbuzz, usw and it's still significantly cheaper than them. If I didn't have 2 kilos on me, and 1,5 more coming in the mail I'd definitely order some.

well, gotta pay for water to wash it...out in cali, from what I understand, can't just use the stuff from the sinks...don't you guys use recycled water for everything?
so for good, clean water, it'd cost a lil extra for the washing process...but this is all just a guess from me

already been discussed but eric has a small place and not many employees.washing tabacco is a hard long process and you also get more bowls out of lucid as you can pack it in a normal bowl.my 1st bowl was in matts 12 gram bowl and it lasted hours and you use less coals so it works out

16 for 250 is not bad at all. Some vendors will prolly make deals like 3 for 13-14 in a month or so once we get some feedback on it. One thing I Do know is if its anything like the regular line in terms of session length, then its DEFF worth 16. I had a bowl of blue gum ball last night for 5 hours!

If you do a thread search you'll find where it was mentioned by Eric himself that it's a whole lot more work. Can't blame the man for wanting to get paid properly for his efforts, now can we?

'Rani

I honestly just don't think that washing tobacco would be that more difficult, but if Eric says it is then I guess it is.... Anyone knows if theres gonna be smaller trial packs so we don't have to buy a whole 250g pack to just try it out?

QUOTE (racemyghost @ May 29 2008, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its really time consuming to sit there and wash the tobacco.

Exactly. The cost isn't in one single area. Overhead, labor, along with opportunity cost also play a factor.

QUOTE (voski @ May 29 2008, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yea this is Eric's grand scheme to make a huge profit and rip us all off rolleyes.gif . He is a reputable person guys.

Not just reputable. A terrific person. And he's been involved in hookahs and tobacco more than 10 years as I recall from conversation with the man. He's a believer in the art that hookah is. I believe he started making his own tobacco because he thought he could do it better than what was available. Judging from the popularity of his product I would say his faith is justified. I see no reason why he wouldn't be justified in his pricing as well. If you don't like Tangiers, either the tobacco itself or the pricing, then don't buy it. For those of us who do...... Well, that means there's just that much more for us!

'Rani

I saw it was more expensive but IDC I want to try Kashmir Cherry so bad so I bought it. I got the tasty peach also. That hopefully will be good with the K-Peach. It is worth the extra monies because it is still cheaper then most brands. Edited by Snoopy1966

QUOTE (Snoopy1966 @ May 29 2008, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I saw it was more expensive but IDC I want to try Kashmir Cherry so bad so I bought it. I got the tasty peach also. That hopefully will be good with the K-Peach. It is worth the extra monies because it is still cheaper then most brands.

Yep, yep.... I ordered Kashmire Cherry myself, along with Horchata and Raspberry. And Hookah Company being who they are will ship tomorrow so I'll have it Monday at work before I leave there. Can't wait to try the new line!

'Rani

QUOTE (BohoWildChild @ May 29 2008, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I saw it was more expensive but IDC I want to try Kashmir Cherry so bad so I bought it. I got the tasty peach also. That hopefully will be good with the K-Peach. It is worth the extra monies because it is still cheaper then most brands.

Yep, yep.... I ordered Kashmire Cherry myself, along with Horchata and Raspberry. And Hookah Company being who they are will ship tomorrow so I'll have it Monday at work before I leave there. Can't wait to try the new line!

'Rani

You live in LA and they ship with fedex you should have it on Saturday.

QUOTE (Snoopy1966 @ May 29 2008, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Stuie @ May 29 2008, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ehh....guess I might try it...but it won't be a frequent purchase...cuz i like the buzz!

Yup me too. I just need to try it because I am a Tangiers Fan Boy Hookah.gif

I'm also a fan but not a fan of room spinning buzzes...... So I don't smoke it as often as I'd like. So for me personally, the washed line is a hugh step in making it my first choice for loading up a bowl.

'Rani

QUOTE (voski @ May 29 2008, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (BohoWildChild @ May 29 2008, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

'Rani

You live in LA and they ship with fedex you should have it on Saturday.

My office is closed on Saturday and that's where I have everything shipped and Federal Express knows we're offically closed even though there are often people there on the weekend - because we get deliveries from them every single day. So Monday it will be...... No problem though. I have so much shisha I've been told before I could open a shop from my nightstand where it's all sitting. I will survive. Badly, but I will definitely survive until Monday!

'Rani

Well, if the only way I can get k-cherry is in washed..then I'll get it washed but I do wish he'd put it out in the regular line so i can order about 5 kilos of the stuff...it's that damn good.

QUOTE (mushrat @ May 30 2008, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, if the only way I can get k-cherry is in washed..then I'll get it washed but I do wish he'd put it out in the regular line so i can order about 5 kilos of the stuff...it's that damn good.

Dear god. I can't wait for mine to get here!!!!!!

He really does need to release it for the regular line though, i'd buy that for sure.

QUOTE (mushrat @ May 30 2008, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guess that's what I will order to test the Lucid Line! If Mush thinks it's that good...damn... gotta try it!