• Top Choice
    • Top Notch
    • Awesome
    • Artisian
    • Smooth
    • Tastee

QUOTE (Tom16689 @ May 30 2008, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Dr. Atkins @ May 30 2008, 09:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What made you think that either artisan or artesian made sense to use for a tobacco?

You got me, dropping the Zona off of that would sound ridiculous. "Artisan tobacco" ... dry.gif lol

I am leaning towards Epic....I just like the sound and look of the word...

I just think epic is too much of an internet fad to be marketable. You might aswell write TEH SEX all over the box and use one of those stupid LOLCATS as your logo and for a special deal buy any 3 tubs and you get a free Rick Astley cd.

QUOTE (Toxik916 @ May 30 2008, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just think epic is too much of an internet fad to be marketable. You might aswell write TEH SEX all over the box and use one of those stupid LOLCATS as your logo and for a special deal buy any 3 tubs and you get a free Rick Astley cd.

Thats why it would work so well! It's great that both computer litterate/ilitterate would both understand in different ways.

Epic means larger than life, which fits the description they're going for.

They would also have the ability to drop Zona off the label since it would still flow, but not be too broad of an adjective.

and honestly, it just rolls off the tongue. wink.gif Edited by Tom16689

I honestly don't understand one word your saying here other than internet fad..and let me address that..
how can a word be an interenet fad..I am pretty sure..when Epic Records started, the interenet was not readily available..
just my two cents...

QUOTE (Tom16689 @ May 30 2008, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats why it would work so well! It's great that both computer litterate/ilitterate would both understand in different ways.

Epic means larger than life, which fits the description they're going for.

They would also have the ability to drop Zona off the label since it would still flow, but not be too broad of an adjective.

and honestly, it just rolls off the tongue. wink.gif

That totally changed my opinion on the name it does hit more than one demographic, And I think if I saw EPIC in huge letters on a package of shisha I would likely try it out.

QUOTE (Toxik916 @ May 30 2008, 02:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That totally changed my opinion on the name it does hit more than one demographic, And I think if I saw EPIC in huge letters on a package of shisha I would likely try it out.

I feel the opposite. I don't like that name and I would actually look the other way if I saw those in big letters across a box of shisha. Something about it screams "attention-whore" too much on the box. Maybe it's just me.

QUOTE (Winter @ May 30 2008, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Toxik916 @ May 30 2008, 02:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I feel the opposite. I don't like that name and I would actually look the other way if I saw those in big letters across a box of shisha. Something about it screams "attention-whore" too much on the box. Maybe it's just me.

Can I ask why you say that? attention whore? what in a name of Epic screams attention whore..what do you think of the name starbuzz or potion?not the product, the name which is what your commenting on..can you give some idea on your demographics as well..just wondering..

QUOTE (questions @ May 30 2008, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can I ask why you say that? attention whore? what in a name of Epic screams attention whore..what do you think of the name starbuzz or potion?not the product, the name which is what your commenting on..can you give some idea on your demographics as well..just wondering..

I think Starbuzz is an overpriced Starbucks reference, which has always seemed a little underhanded to me.

Epic doesn't work for me because it is hard to live up to. If they put that on a label I'm going to expect them to back it up. If they were to put Artesian on the container I don't think I could take them seriously. If they put Awesome on there I'm going to think "dollar store" thanks to my "Awesome Tin Foil" and "Awesome Window Cleaner" laugh.gif

I have no problem with Potion, but I haven't tried it yet as I don't order a lot of shisha since I can buy most of what I smoke locally. Edited by Ralleac

QUOTE (questions @ May 30 2008, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm a college student that has been smoking hookah for awhile now. I guess I didn't make myself clear... I respect Zona tobacco, a lot, and I truly wish that your product progresses and does well in the future, but I'm just wary about the name "Epic." Just something about it turns me off from it; I can't really pinpoint it. If you look at all the other well known shisha brands, their names are just names and it is not exactly describing how good it is. You used the examples Starbuzz and Potion. I like Starbuzz's name because yes, it gives you a buzz and it's just a catchy name. It has nothing on the label telling its consumers how well it smokes or anything, unlike Epic, which is giving its consumers a cocky impression like it is the best in the world. Like Starbuzz, Potion is just a name, nothing more, nothing less. Again, I'm not saying Zona is bad at all especially since I have never had the chance to smoke it, but all I'm saying is that the name is trying to get the attention of the consumers too much, in my opinion. If you like the name, go for it, but that's just my two cents.

I think it should be something creative and unique. And.... epic aint it. Ill say it again, none of those names you picked sound like something that would get my attention. Now then again I am one of the people that go in a smoke shop and never even look at those glass blown b-words, but maybe those types of people will appreciate the name Epic.

When I hear the name epic being taken seriously, I think of 80s/90s stoners like Bill & Ted! I picture Keanu Reeves or Pauly Shore using as a new catch phrase.
http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2003/SHOWBIZ/Movies/1...bill.ted.ap.jpg

QUOTE (NUBBS @ May 30 2008, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it should be something creative and unique. And.... epic aint it. Ill say it again, none of those names you picked sound like something that would get my attention. Now then again I am one of the people that go in a smoke shop and never even look at those glass blown b-words, but maybe those types of people will appreciate the name Epic.

When I hear the name epic being taken seriously, I think of 80s/90s stoners like Bill & Ted! I picture Keanu Reeves or Pauly Shore using as a new catch phrase.

Agreed 100%

"Epic" makes me think of some crappy 1960's movie with Charlton Heston or Yul Brynner, not exactly the mental pix I need in my head at any point. Good name for some nasty-theatre-floor-tasting shisha though.

QUOTE (TheScotsman @ May 30 2008, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed 100%

"Epic" makes me think of some crappy 1960's movie with Charlton Heston or Yul Brynner, not exactly the mental pix I need in my head at any point. Good name for some nasty-theatre-floor-tasting shisha though.

2nd that...Why don’t you just leave the name Zona???? No real need to put Zona's tobacco or shisha and quite honestly adding a word in the middle would take away. It seems as if you are not happy with the name Zona and are just adding in a filler to your name. just my .02 Edited by kajon

QUOTE (kajon @ May 30 2008, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (TheScotsman @ May 30 2008, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed 100%

2nd that...Why don’t you just leave the name Zona???? No real need to put Zona's tobacco or shisha and quite honestly adding a word in the middle would take away. It seems as if you are not happy with the name Zona and are just adding in a filler to your name. just my .02

Given these statements, does a name matter to you what so ever?

QUOTE (questions @ May 30 2008, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Given these statements, does a name matter to you what so ever?

Honestly...No. The Quality makes the Name. You could call it " ? "...people might laugh at first but the end result would be an awesome tobacco that will make the name imprortant. When I first heard Tangiers I thought of the City....not any more. So it's the quality that makes the name...unless you are making clothes then it's reversed.

I think questions mentioned in a previous thread that the word "Zona" means "whore" in some language - I'm not sure which. This poses some issues when they want to sell their shisha internationally.