Best Soap For Blowing Smoke Bubbles

hey guys, the title says it all, i want the best brand of soap (or whatever you find to work best) for making hookah bubbles. i saw a video where the bubble actually hit the ground, and didnt pop on impact. i want to have some like that. any suggestions? thanks

Any old hand soap mixed with water. Play with the mixture until you find it to your liking. Edited by Exile

last time i went to the hookah bar here i tried that, because they didnt have anything like it there, and i was hoping to impress, but it only made me look like a fool when it didnt work. i use dawn at home, because thats just what i buy for my dishes, and it creates, but doesnt deliver like what ive seen in videos

QUOTE (ghosty @ May 23 2008, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
last time i went to the hookah bar here i tried that, because they didnt have anything like it there, and i was hoping to impress, but it only made me look like a fool when it didnt work. i use dawn at home, because thats just what i buy for my dishes, and it creates, but doesnt deliver like what ive seen in videos

Try using an empty toilet paper roll to blow.

QUOTE (NickReppinThe909 @ May 23 2008, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
turkey baster without the rubber ball thing and blow through the small end SLOWLY and use ALOT of dawn soap with warm water (i use 2 cups of water and 1/4 cup of dawn in a 6" around and 2" deep flat bottom tupperware container)

a turkey baster, thats a good idea, never thought about that.

but you use dawn too? i think it makes the bubbles too thin

If the soap is too "thin," try using less water in your mixture. Maybe you can try it without any water at all. The last time I made smoke bubbles I added very, very little water to the soap and I mixed it well with the toilet paper roll before I took it out and blew smoke into it.

QUOTE (mushrat @ May 24 2008, 12:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
now, wonder what would happen if you added glycerin. Doesnt have to be shisha grade... cool.gif

What other ingredient do you use?

Glycerin + ? = Smoke bubbles

Do tell! ohmy.gif

What i have observed is that using a lot of soap may make the bubbles thicker, but they are also more likely to pop and they last less. So putting an additive that increases thickness (like glycerin) may just take that to a further extent (unless it has a more binding effect). Anyway, i definitely recommend a empty toilet paper roll, but makes sure its all wet and soapy first!

The best I have ever found is to mix a little hand soap with some water, maybe 50/50 then add about 4 or 5 times as much bubble liquid (or whatever you call it). In my experience it works better than just soap or just bubble liquid. With that mix I can blow bubbles with all of my lung capacity and break them off without them popping.

• 7 years later...
On May 24, 2008 at 6:36 PM, ghosty said:

hey guys, the title says it all, i want the best brand of soap (or whatever you find to work best) for making hookah bubbles. i saw a video where the bubble actually hit the ground, and didnt pop on impact. i want to have some like that. any suggestions? thanks

So I've been playing around for awhile and idk if anyone cares at all but it you're looking for a bigass bubble use a paper towel roll with hella soap and a little water, but if you want a bubble highly condensed with smoke use only soap with the roll from the tinfoil, it is smaller and the smoke will be thicker so when the smaller bubble pops a lot of smoke comes out.!?