Zensilk Takes The Rest Of His Life Off.

23-05, 14:31 ZenSilk
Options
View Profile
View all messages posted by ZenSilk
Go to last message posted by ZenSilk

Yeah Fur, and also their lack of pretty much everything decent. So I just started boosting this forum in my posts and finally got banned for a while.

So, Our former member Zensilk, purposely stirred things up here on this forum, knowingly pushing another fourm in violation of an agreement between our admins and theirs.

What we have here is someone shitting in our yard, then telling people they should spend time in their yard because it smells better.

Nice folks over there I'd say...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (mushrat @ May 23 2008, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
23-05, 14:31 ZenSilk
Options
View Profile
View all messages posted by ZenSilk
Go to last message posted by ZenSilk

Yeah Fur, and also their lack of pretty much everything decent. So I just started boosting this forum in my posts and finally got banned for a while.

So, Our former member Zensilk, purposely stirred things up here on this forum, knowingly pushing another fourm in violation of an agreement between our admins and theirs.

What we have here is someone shitting in our yard, then telling people they should spend time in their yard because it smells better.

Nice folks over there I'd say...

good job mush

Not being allowed to push other vendors makes sense, certainly, but not being able to mention other forums only makes sense in an insane kind of oligarchy sort of way. What is the official reasoning behind not being able to mention other forums?

Let's put it this way.... There forum got created because they defected from here in a big huff over a bunch of stuff that doesn't need to be resurfaced.

Because a bloody flame war broke out between the forums. Their admin and our crew decided the best thing to do was just not talk about the other forum on each other's forum. So far, we've kept to that rule...them, not so much. But we are going to continue to keep to the rule and NOT badmouth their forum more than necessary. Thats why I just deleted the "we're better than they are" thread someone just posted. I prefer the Moral High ground when possible.

The reason for my post above was to cut short the outcry I knew was going to happen about my draconian banning of poor Zen. NOW you know what we are dealing with....

QUOTE (Victim026 @ May 24 2008, 02:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let's put it this way.... There forum got created because they defected from here in a big huff over a bunch of stuff that doesn't need to be resurfaced.

I'm aware, but frankly it's no excuse. Let them have their forum, and people will go where they want. Banning all mention of the other forum only makes it look more appealing... the candy-you-can't-have effect.

well..its more a matter of upholding our part of an agreement. Even if the folks we have the agreement with don't always hold up theirs. It got Really bad there for a while and it was agreed that we would just keep to ourselves, let people find all the other forums, and the are quite a few, on their own, and just stay civil about the whole thing.

pm me if you want the whole story, but im not going to rehash it here..

QUOTE (mushrat @ May 23 2008, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because a bloody flame war broke out between the forums. Their admin and our crew decided the best thing to do was just not talk about the other forum on each other's forum. So far, we've kept to that rule...them, not so much. But we are going to continue to keep to the rule and NOT badmouth their forum more than necessary. Thats why I just deleted the "we're better than they are" thread someone just posted. I prefer the Moral High ground when possible.

The reason for my post above was to cut short the outcry I knew was going to happen about my draconian banning of poor Zen. NOW you know what we are dealing with....

sounds like we needed you back in israel mushy lol

Firstly, Money is the root of all evil.

Secondly, I'm not sure if I understood Dr. Atkins correctly, but I believe he mentioned introducing a censor? I can't say I'd support a censor on this forum. I may be fairly new to this community, but I've been around enough forums to appreciate the relaxed, non-oppressive atmosphere here. In the cycle of forum life- censorship leads to hardship. The good Lord chose not to bless me with a vast amount of wisdom- so I offer what wisdom I have freely.

Thirdly, Vive la Israel.

QUOTE (Exile @ May 24 2008, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Secondly, I'm not sure if I understood Dr. Atkins correctly, but I believe he mentioned introducing a censor? I can't say I'd support a censor on this forum. I may be fairly new to this community, but I've been around enough forums to appreciate the relaxed, non-oppressive atmosphere here. In the cycle of forum life- censorship leads to hardship. The good Lord chose not to bless me with a vast amount of wisdom- so I offer what wisdom I have freely.

Thirdly, Vive la Israel.

it actually gets pretty oppresive at times, and there is already being censored. alot of my posts over the time have mysteriously vanished.

QUOTE (rezaomar @ May 23 2008, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What is the purpose of telling the whole forum that someone was temporarily banned?

QUOTE (SafeSearchOff @ May 23 2008, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
its just a.... "tradition"? we have at hookahforum. the mods notify us of whatever modular activities occur.

it's actually in the rules, but i guess that is why no one has ever seen it... rolleyes.gif
7) Suspensions and Bannings will often, but not always, be posted to the Main Discussion area. Questions may be directed to the Moderators.

QUOTE (shisha fan @ May 24 2008, 06:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thirdly, Vive la Israel.

it actually gets pretty oppresive at times, and there is already being censored. alot of my posts over the time have mysteriously vanished.

seriously? asking people to not mention drugs and not rehash drama people caused over time is oppressive?

QUOTE (camelflage @ May 24 2008, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thirdly, Vive la Israel.

seriously? asking people to not mention drugs and not rehash drama people caused over time is oppressive?

no, but banning people for having criticism on the way certain people run this place is oppresive. remember that behaviour like that was one of the main reasons the other forum was formed.

Good riddance. happy.gif

QUOTE (HOOKAH2810 @ May 24 2008, 09:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
when i first saw the topic i thought zensilk killed himself, i was wrong. lmao

Hehe, nice... I don't see why people bother whining and trying to tip-toe around the rules. They're pretty easy to follow really... and reasonable to boot. If you really feel the need to talk about something we don't allow on these forums, I'm sure there are plenty other places you could go to discuss such things. Same goes for if you don't like how it's run. Edited by AKammenzind

QUOTE (shisha fan @ May 24 2008, 09:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (camelflage @ May 24 2008, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thirdly, Vive la Israel.

no, but banning people for having criticism on the way certain people run this place is oppresive. remember that behaviour like that was one of the main reasons the other forum was formed.

No, the reason the other forum was formed was ebcause certain people thought they could do better and since they were never going to make mod or admin here, they made their own sandbox where THEY were in charge. They immediately set to work banning people, deleting Posts, editing posts, locking posts, and acting just like they complained we did here. Where were you since you seem to know so much about the place? If you are such a fan of the place, why do you post here, it's noit like the majority of their posts aren't just copied from here an hour or so later? Plus, hey, you can win something from one of their many sponsoring vendors..just post a lot, bring a friend, do soemthing to boost their numbers....

You know visitors there can only read a certain number of posts before they are cut off and told to register? Good thing we don't MAKE people register here for them to enjoy the place, and boost membership.

Give it a break....or go there as well. cool.gif

QUOTE (HOOKAH2810 @ May 24 2008, 08:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
when i first saw the topic i thought zensilk killed himself, i was wrong. lmao

It was forumicide. ohmy.gif

On a more serious note, I like it here, I don't know or care about whatever other forum, and I don't feel "oppressed". If the mods prevent "flame wars", good, that's what they're supposed to do. If I ever say something far enough out of line that they think they need to delete to prevent problems, then by all means, delete it. Chances are, I'd probably be deleting it myself on second thought.

Let this die. The majority of posters posting on this topic are relatively new around the Forum and are just talking outta their asses.

Keep up the good work Mod Squad. The noobs hear something from a long time ago and they question it like crazy.

I'm pretty new here so I don't know much about past drama and such but I like it here. The rules in place here don't seem oppressive their in place keep the board civil and to keep people that wouldn't be wanted here away. SO yeah I'm all for it. All I can say to the mods is keep up the good work.

QUOTE (MechAnt @ May 24 2008, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let this die. The majority of posters posting on this topic are relatively new around the Forum and are just talking outta their asses.

Keep up the good work Mod Squad. The noobs hear something from a long time ago and they question it like crazy.

Thats a pretty reckless unprovoked attack at new users. A member is a member, this isn't Runescape- I don't think its wise to run around calling each other noobs if you expect forum growth. I'm not trying to instigate an e-battle, but I call it like I see it.

Respectfully, Exile Hookah.gif Edited by Exile