Important Message

Dear Hookah Forum Members,

We have been given an ultimatum by the site administrators to either become more active or have our account suspended. Though we greatly value the Hookah Forum community, its owners, participants, and fellow vendors, we feel that this new "clean house" attitude of the administration is not only unjust, but unwarranted.

This is not to suggest that we, in any way, feel that participation in the hookah community is of little importance on the part of us vendors, rather unless we are blatantly using the forum as strictly an advertising and spamming network, we deserve the same liberties as any non-vendor member; to participate as we deem necessary.

Although we will no longer be members of the forum, we will still continue to extend a 15% discount to the Hookah Forum members. The coupon code: hookahfrm1 will be indefinitely active.

If any of you should have any questions or comments regarding any of our products, promotions, discounts, newsletters, or our group community sponsorship program, or anything else regarding Hookah Life, please contact us at anytime.

We had a great time while it lasted!

Best Regards,

Eugene and Mike
Hookah Life

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I greatly appreciate that you are still extending to us the forum discount. That is above and beyond what is expected of a vendor.

However, I do have to say that you guys at Hookah-Life, Eugene and Mike were once very active memebers! You helped anyone that needed help and instead of just plugging your own business, you took the time to recommend and show what other vendors had to offer. I believe that the administration is doing this to you because of the fact that you were once active members and no longer are. I hope that you guys can stay and be active!

thanks a lot for extending the discount that's extremely generous. i wish i would have come to the forums earlier, you guys seem really legit. the best of luck to you!

shoot, hire some kids son, to be the active voice of the forum. give him the password, and tell him to chat and pal around with us, and leave all "fiscal questions" to us.

be cheap, stay in the forum, get better known by the newbs

edit: But yeah, it is good that their extending the discount. thats good form. Edited by Bushbr

Once again, an attack on the forum from a vendor not following through with what they agreed to do when we allowed them to post as a vendor on the site. The rules are quite clear and easy to follow, as is evident from the numnerous vendors who DO take the time to participate. Several other absentee vendors have received the same notice, this is just the way it works. So if you want to play the victim because you folks don't want to follow some simple requirements, don't blame it on us.

QUOTE (MechAnt @ May 20 2008, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I greatly appreciate that you are still extending to us the forum discount. That is above and beyond what is expected of a vendor.

However, I do have to say that you guys at Hookah-Life, Eugene and Mike were once very active memebers! You helped anyone that needed help and instead of just plugging your own business, you took the time to recommend and show what other vendors had to offer. I believe that the administration is doing this to you because of the fact that you were once active members and no longer are. I hope that you guys can stay and be active!

MechAnt,

You are correct in your observation that we were once more active participants on this forum. Do not however take our absence from this forum as a sign that we no longer care about the community, on the contrary. As we have seen our business grow over the last year (in many thanks to you guys) we have channeled new avenues of community participation. Through group sponsorship programs at colleges across the U.S. and Canada, article publications, interviews with media sources, and various events, we have worked hard to expand the hookah culture and unfortunately, in turn, have seen our participation dwindle on the forums themselves.

We care greatly about this community and its members; unfortunately an ultimatum of this nature is unacceptable and unwarranted in our eyes.

We apologize to those that will suffer from this decision, and because this is not the doing of the members, we feel punishing the members by taking away the discount would be immoral on our part.

Enjoy your discount and drop us a line if you ever want to chat, we are always available by phone or email! smile.gif

Sincerest Regards,

Eugene and Mike
Hookah Life

P.S. I apologize from posting under my personal account however I wanted to add a reply to your message, but our account has been terminated.

QUOTE (eslobode @ May 20 2008, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (MechAnt @ May 20 2008, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MechAnt,

You are correct in your observation that we were once more active participants on this forum. Do not however take our absence from this forum as a sign that we no longer care about the community, on the contrary. As we have seen our business grow over the last year (in many thanks to you guys) we have channeled new avenues of community participation. Through group sponsorship programs at colleges across the U.S. and Canada, article publications, interviews with media sources, and various events, we have worked hard to expand the hookah culture and unfortunately, in turn, have seen our participation dwindle on the forums themselves.

We care greatly about this community and its members; unfortunately an ultimatum of this nature is unacceptable and unwarranted in our eyes.

We apologize to those that will suffer from this decision, and because this is not the doing of the members, we feel punishing the members by taking away the discount would be immoral on our part.

Enjoy your discount and drop us a line if you ever want to chat, we are always available by phone or email! smile.gif

Sincerest Regards,

Eugene and Mike
Hookah Life

P.S. I apologize from posting under my personal account however I wanted to add a reply to your message, but our account has been terminated.

Mad respect for the discount still being offered. Way to go out with grace.

QUOTE (mushrat @ May 20 2008, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*sigh* so you violate another rule by using a second account to get around a ban......

Now 2 banned accounts.

im just wondering, call me devils advocate, but is that really using a 2nd acount to get around a ban?

it was his personall acount as apposed to his vendor acount. it's not like he created a new acount to get back onto the forum, he just used another one which he has had for a while.

just my little musings, given with respect, but wonder.

mush, i remember when this mandate was originally set forth, but arent you being a *tad* hard on him? he even designated its his personal account. even though hes not going to be a vendor on the forum anymore, hes allowed to have a personal account, right? i mean, as long as he doesnt plug his items as if it were a vendor account...

QUOTE (mushrat @ May 20 2008, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Once again, an attack on the forum from a vendor not following through with what they agreed to do when we allowed them to post as a vendor on the site. The rules are quite clear and easy to follow, as is evident from the numnerous vendors who DO take the time to participate. Several other absentee vendors have received the same notice, this is just the way it works. So if you want to play the victim because you folks don't want to follow some simple requirements, don't blame it on us.

i side 100% with mush on this because the vendor does have a responsibility to the forum and i for one will not be buying from hookah life because of the way i see the original message as an attack on the forum community and a general lack of responsibility

Wasn't like he was gonna post anyways right? If you are going to leave because you don't like the way the place is run, leave. if you want to stay and talk about it, then start acting responsibly, stay and post.

Sorry this forum community has taken a back burner to their other projects thats fine, it was good havung them and all but they are clearly done here.

QUOTE (SafeSearchOff @ May 20 2008, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mush, i remember when this mandate was originally set forth, but arent you being a *tad* hard on him? he even designated its his personal account. even though hes not going to be a vendor on the forum anymore, hes allowed to have a personal account, right? i mean, as long as he doesnt plug his items as if it were a vendor account...

quite simply, no.

hookah life is required to follow the same rules as every other vendor, and instead of deciding to post every now and then they try to incite members against the admin/mod staff and play martyr with the "still offering the discount even though we are being slayed by the evil admins" junk. then he uses his personal account to make a business-related statement again trying to paint us in a bad light. honestly i will never give them my business because this is an immature hissy fit way of not taking responsability for having to follow the rules like everyone else.

Dang.. i havn't seen a vendor post in the forum other then MnHookahs AND Nazar. For a long fucking time too.

... Why are they all still here?

TexasHookah does every once in awhile, but isn't it "Regularly"? Edited by ZenSilk

Neals last post was May 2 man.. that's 20 days of non-posting. 19 to be exact.

Nazat and MN are the only ones on regularly. None of the other vendors are here. H-S Central comes on every once in awhile, but they don't need us, they are already huge like HookahCompany.

Why should the vendor area count? That's rediculous. That's not "Helping the community" one tiny bit. That's advertising. Ban all the vendors but Nazar and MN. Taht's only fair.

If all the vendors are not banned, then that means that the rules put in place are in fact not being followed.

TexasHookah last non-vendor related post : May 9.

Wait, SaharaSmoke is clear, they participate.

BubbaCigars: APRIL 16!!

GotHookahs: May 7.

HoboHookah: April 26 , but only to reply to "Is Hobohookah out of business". Edited by ZenSilk

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ May 21 2008, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zensilk it goes a little deeper than just 'last post'

Not everything is made public, maybe you could just accept the reasoning?

That's hard to do, but in reality i guess there's nothing anyone can do but sit back and watch the vednors drop like flies. So I must.

QUOTE (ZenSilk @ May 21 2008, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Neals last post was May 2 man.. that's 20 days of non-posting. 19 to be exact.

Nazat and MN are the only ones on regularly. None of the other vendors are here. H-S Central comes on every once in awhile, but they don't need us, they are already huge like HookahCompany.

Why should the vendor area count? That's rediculous. That's not "Helping the community" one tiny bit. That's advertising. Ban all the vendors but Nazar and MN. Taht's only fair.

If all the vendors are not banned, then that means that the rules put in place are in fact not being followed.

TexasHookah last non-vendor related post : May 9.

Wait, SaharaSmoke is clear, they participate.

BubbaCigars: APRIL 16!!

GotHookahs: May 7.

HoboHookah: April 26 , but only to reply to "Is Hobohookah out of business".

neal replied to a pm yesterday morning i sent 2 days ago and got hookahs sent me a reply 4 days ago and like mush said its not just posts pm's can have more useful information sometimes IMO

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ May 21 2008, 09:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When did you start channeling Dick Cheney?

"Because I said so" should NEVER be an explanation to anyone above the age of 5.

I just want to go on record to say that I think the vendor policy is wrong, and much too strict. I miss the Mya product announcements, and being a cheap lazy bastard, I like hearing about discounts without having to look for them. I also think that hookalife's post was not an attack on the forum, but a rational, logical message explaining why he would not be here anymore and expressing his frustration over what he (and I) think is a misguided policy that hurts the forum.

Keep banning topics and vendors, and we're going to end up with a forum full of "Today I ordered 50g of tobacco and a grommet", r1v3th745d's fascination with bodily excretions, and ban notices.

Behind the scenes must count for something, else our own mod, Sonthert (dba Tangiers) would be off for lack of participation. Note: I am NOT suggesting his banishment.

I also believe that ice buckets work and that when the shisha touches the foil it burns, gets harsh, and makes me cough up a lung. But those deserve their own topics.

... and that women should be put on a pedestal just high enough to see up their skirts.

QUOTE (Sariél @ May 21 2008, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"Because I said so" should NEVER be an explanation to anyone above the age of 5.

I just want to go on record to say that I think the vendor policy is wrong, and much too strict. I miss the Mya product announcements, and being a cheap lazy bastard, I like hearing about discounts without having to look for them. I also think that hookalife's post was not an attack on the forum, but a rational, logical message explaining why he would not be here anymore and expressing his frustration over what he (and I) think is a misguided policy that hurts the forum.

Keep banning topics and vendors, and we're going to end up with a forum full of "Today I ordered 50g of tobacco and a grommet", r1v3th745d's fascination with bodily excretions, and ban notices.

Behind the scenes must count for something, else our own mod, Sonthert (dba Tangiers) would be off for lack of participation. Note: I am NOT suggesting his banishment.

I also believe that ice buckets work and that when the shisha touches the foil it burns, gets harsh, and makes me cough up a lung. But those deserve their own topics.

... and that women should be put on a pedestal just high enough to see up their skirts.

Amen!

Ohh yeah amen to the other stuff not about women too. smile.gif

There is no point on voicing opinions unfortunately. I have just come to terms that shit happens, but atleast there's a better community out there.

QUOTE (Sariél @ May 21 2008, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i totally agree with you man. Sariél for president!