Your Hookah Smoking Tips

-Make sure you find preference in the shisha you are smoking. It makes a big difference.

-Be sure to pick out all the stems when making your bowl.

-On a used bowl, if you see that black ring around the top that you just can't seem to get out, pack your bowl below that line. That will give you a cleaner smoking experience and will keep the tobacco from burning more.

-Once you pack your bowl, and after you tightly place the aluminum foil on it, don't poke holes in it just yet. Rather, flip it upside down and let it sit for a minute or so. The juices will come to the top of the bowl, giving you better flavor.

-Try putting the stem in the fridge for a while. This leads to cool smoke that doesn't give you that burning sensation.

-CLEAN your HOOKAH. Always, For a good experience, your hookah has to be clean as can be.

-Please post your own tips.

Everyone has their own tips, it'll be great!

-Don't hog the hose

-When packing anything other than Tangiers, sprinkle the shisha in and leave it at about rim level (IT'S OK IF SHISHA TOUCHES THE FOIL)

-After foiling the bowl and poking in the holes, blast a bit of air into the bottom of the bowl with your mouth. Two quick puffs. This allows for easier flow.

-Leave smaller stems in! It actually allows for better airflow.

-Clean the pipe often

-HAVE FUN!!!

The list goes on.

-EXPERIMENT with hole patterns in foil, mixing shisha, base liquids, etc.

-That black ring Momatik mentioned, use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to get rid of it and clean your bowls

-Do not use whole milk!! Too much fat & it'll bubble into your hose. 2% or skim or I use soy milk

I know I have more, I just cant think of anymore.

Caffeinate your shisha buy mixing in a teaspoon of coffee grounds into it and a Coffee Flavor to it.

Drop a tea bag in the base without it being brewed and let the bubbles mix in your tea giving you a growing flavor over your session.

Add a few drops of lemon or lime juice on top of the tobacco before lighting.

To remove stuck residue in your bowl, boil it for a few minutes and scrape it out with a plastic knife, works every time.

-Classic ice cubes in base, I've found the small square ones from mini fridge trays fit nicely.

-Different Kool-Aid packets in the base, sugar optional. Found Layalina Esk Apple+Layalina Pineapple +Orange Kool-Aid =HEAVEN

-Putting your hose in the freezer for a bit, brings in ice cold smoke for the first few.

QUOTE (NickReppinThe909 @ May 20 2008, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
put ice in the base and put the base in a 5 gallon paint can and put the hookah in it and pack it with a mix of dry ice and crushed ice

That's a good idea. Does it really make a big difference?

-Put ice into the base of your hookah fill it with cold water and leave it....and the stem sitting in the fridge for a good 20-30 minutes, it's awesome
* possibly even put a small mark on the base if it's not noticeable for where the perfect water line is.

- for a more simple solution of putting your hookah in something to surround it with ice. You can use: a coleman cooler, a Styrofoam cooler with a hole in the lid, a regular bucket. But to make it "super cold" blend or mix crushed ice with salt and a little water. Salt will work as a catalyst and make it very very very cold. (also works great for chilling wine or or other beverages in a hurry)

- after you take the shisha out of the pack/tin put it in your bowl until you're happy, then dump it onto a cutting board and run a straight knife through it a few times in different directions to make sure it's cut up and to break up any clumps. Then sprinkle into your bowl of choice.

- don't expect to make a perfect bowl every time, just try, and try again.

- Find your own hole pattern, my preference is a large # symbol which always seems to hit the best out of any pattern I've ever tried

- plug one end of your stem and put a lemon juice/hot water mix into it and let it sit for 5-10 minutes, then scrub it with your brush of choice. Gets it clean and leaves a nice smell.
*on a related note, put your grommets/bowls in white vinegar to get a deep cleaning ( occasionally, not all the time)

-get a washable hose or make one

- use hookah foil (pre-cut sheets) or heavy duty foil
* use a mechanical pencil for the holes

The most important thing for me is to have my friends over when I smoke. It could be the worst smoking session ever but I'd still be having a good time, laughing with my friends. That, my friends, is the most important part.

QUOTE (Big Boss @ May 20 2008, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The most important thing for me is to have my friends over when I smoke. It could be the worst smoking session ever but I'd still be having a good time, laughing with my friends. That, my friends, is the most important part.

I will agree with you all the way on that man, unforunately my university is a ghost town for now but friends make it better....always.

[quote name='momatik' post='252984' date='May 20 2008, 02:54 PM'
-On a used bowl, if you see that black ring around the top that you just can't seem to get out, pack your bowl below that line. That will give you a cleaner smoking experience and will keep the tobacco from burning more.[/quote]

2 parts baking soda, 1 part water and 1 part elbow grease will get it everytime!

-place your coals on the foil and let them sit for a minute before puffing away
-a mild 5-10% bleach solution will remove any flavor staining instantly, be careful, straight bleach can pit steel (just make sure you rinse it very well when you're done
-make sure you're in good company if you intend to smoke with other poeple
-i've found that cultured music tends to enhance cultured smoke
-chess is better than backgammon
-take it easy, you're in no hurry Edited by ilikemyusername