Picked Up A New Mya Stem

i got this bad boy :

Stem

but just the stem, I already have the red base, etc.

the guy on the phone told me it weighs roughly 5 pounds ohmy.gif .

And i talked to him about how KM's have the non-common chamber set up so when you clear the smoke it clears the vase as well as the stem, and asked him if MYA would ever do anything like that setup, and his response to that was that a common chamber is easier to clean, and that you can't clean the purge area in a KM, so they prefer the common setup. So i guess that means no, lol. And he also said KM's do not and have never made pure brass stems, the only company to ever and continue making pure brass stems is MYA-SARAY.

Is this all true?

And btw it was $59.00. I figured I can keep it in tip top shape b/c it will be so easy to clean because it comes apart into smaller pieces.

Maybe I shouldn't have said never, but I've never seen one from them that's COMPLETLY brass expect the tinest of there hookahs... The stem on my acrylic isn't brass... At least not the whole thing...

You'd think if all there hookah's were all brass they would advertise it or something. Edited by Victim026

lol, there is no way the acrylia stem i had was brass.

i had a stem from mya that was heavy as shit, however everything else was 100% crap. one of them the coat came off the bottom and it started to rust.

Well, my stem that I have on my Acrylic has a brass common chamber and the rest of the stem is aluminum core. It's not that bad in honestly. There's no real part that can rust except for the purge BB. I'll take some pics and post them, I always forget to do so.

QUOTE (NickReppinThe909 @ May 9 2008, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
MYAs are well built and smoke really well but they get flamed on here because they are modern and not traditionally styled

they are flamed because they are machine and have common chambers which in opinion is a waste of money.

its not a knock off, i bought it from hookah-shisha

QUOTE (NickReppinThe909 @ May 10 2008, 05:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
MYAs are well built and smoke really well but they get flamed on here because they are modern and not traditionally styled

The biggest gripe I have with my Mya QT is that the inside of the stem is rough, like sand paper. It makes cleaning the inside a chore for two reasons: the rough surface doesn't clean easily, and it damages the brisles on the cleaning rod! ohmy.gif and by damage I mean totally WRECKS them! I can no longer use a cleaning rod with my QT (unless I buy a new rod ever other day), instead I run hot water and lemon juice through it. And just for contrast, no other hookah I've owned has this issue. They all have smooth air shafts.

I think that guy was pulling your leg about the cleaning issue. If Mya was serious about cleaning, then they would have sorted the stem out!

The common Chamber is not so much of a problem. Just really hot water under a bit of pressure through the stem and chamber along with some Fairy Liquid seems todo the job.

Cleaning is a pain in the ass. On both my Phalcor and QT. Basically the stem is too narrow for my regular brushes and I ain't not got any mya cleaning brushes.

So there are not perfect, but the fact that I could beat Mrs JD to death with the Phalcor Stem and the overall look/size and usability more than outweights the minor issues.

JD

QUOTE (MechAnt @ May 9 2008, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, my stem that I have on my Acrylic has a brass common chamber and the rest of the stem is aluminum core. It's not that bad in honestly. There's no real part that can rust except for the purge BB. I'll take some pics and post them, I always forget to do so.

Yeah this is what I was talking about, I've only owned Acrylic Mya's and that's how my stems were too...

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ May 10 2008, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The common Chamber is not so much of a problem. Just really hot water under a bit of pressure through the stem and chamber along with some Fairy Liquid seems todo the job.

Cleaning is a pain in the ass. On both my Phalcor and QT. Basically the stem is too narrow for my regular brushes and I ain't not got any mya cleaning brushes.

So there are not perfect, but the fact that I could beat Mrs JD to death with the Phalcor Stem and the overall look/size and usability more than outweights the minor issues.

JD

I dont know about the effectiveness of using just water to clean a hookah stem (or water and washing up liquid/lemon/beer/vinegar). Back in the old days when I first started using a shisha, I didn't own a cleaning rod and would just force water through the stem, like you described. But this method didn't remove a thin layer of gunk along the shaft, and over the months the layer got thicker! Fortunately I finally found a cleaning rod, and with a bit of elbow grease I could look down the stem and it looked like the hall of mirrors, and smelled. . . of nothing! happy.gif

I use my QT a lot, it smell a bit, fortunately the smoke isn't tainted. But then I only use a funnel bowl with it, and that prevents any serious soiling of the shaft.

I suppose this isn't much of an issue if you own a dishwasher. But I dont. sad.gif