Any Better Way Of Packing Fantasia And Starbuzz?

So Ive always been using al fakher and wondering should either fantasia or starbuzz be packed any different? or acclimated?
I have a normal eygptian bowl, small and medim tangiers bowl.
So any advise would be great

Hey guys, I had a problem with both fantasia and starbuzz yesterday.

I packed the pink lemonade in a normal eygptian bowl, quite tight, put the normal 1 coals I do for al fakher and normally I get a thick smoke but it looked like it werent working, very thin smoke, and then became very harsh.... havent had problems like this for years. Does fantasia take longer to cook?

Then I tried x on the beach starbuzz on a small phunnel bowl (damn they are huge and take up so much tobacco, i need a mod) got good airflow, but the coals just werent cooking the tobacco, hardly any smoke. Ive looked at a few vids and Ill try them, but the first problem cant understand why.

Do they need to be left out a bit also like tangiers?

QUOTE (khearts @ May 1 2008, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So Ive always been using al fakher and wondering should either fantasia or starbuzz be packed any different? or acclimated?
I have a normal eygptian bowl, small and medim tangiers bowl.
So any advise would be great

They shouldn't need to be acclimated, and should be fine in either a standard bowl or a funnel. I normally use 2-3 quicklights, or 3-4 japs for a bowl of just about anything. For the starbuzz you need more than one coal, but can't say for the fantasia as you said it tastes burnt? Perhaps try packing it down a little harder, and not having the fantasia touch the foil, some shishas just don't work as well when they bulge over the bowl and touch the foil.

You say you've been packing it "quite tight" which in my experience is pretty much a bad idea. I never push down even a little bit on the shisha in a bowl, as any blockage of the holes at the bottom of the bowl will cause some big problems for a session. When I smoke pink lemonade, I like to grab a large pinch, pull out all the big stems, then crumble that pinch up above the bowl and have the loose shisha fall in and on itself. For this reason, I don't like the term "packing" as it suggests you push it in or down. The only time my hand goes in the bowl is to even out the top, so that there isn't any piling above the rim.

Oh, and there shouldn't be any reason to acclimate, the shisha is washed and I've had great flavor ripping the jar open and smoking as soon as I've received it Hookah.gif . Best of luck towards a great pink lemonade session, it's worth it.

starbuzz needs to be packed very lose or it will burn and lose flavor very fast...it's an amazing tobacco but it takes alot of care to get it kicking right...i personally pack it then take a tooth pick to mix it around /air it out and with an eygyption bowl i use to coconaras on each side and rotate every 5-10 mins. Also always good to use a windcover for the first min to gget it warmed up

fantasia is a weird tobacco. i've gotten great sessions out of and horrible sessions doing the same exact thing. honestly, i question their quality control because sometimes i get a RIDICULOUS amount of stems (like a quarter of a 50 g pack is stems). I usually pack it by putting one layer less than halfway up a small phunnel, packingit down a bit, then putting another layer 1/3 of a cm from the top of the phunnel and evening that out. it tends to work. didn't work last night with blueberry though...lame.

starbuzz is easier, just put some in a bowl, don't let it touch the top and smoke away. i've had a very easy time learning how to pack that right biggrin.gif

i love fantasia shisha i think the stuff is amazing but like when i pack it into my funnel bowl you have to pack it to the top like pack it good but you really have to do it losely other wise all the shisha wont cook so but i have only had one problem with it and thats because i packed my funnel like half full and it sucked but everytime i have packed it into my mod bowl have had no problems and the 3 out of 4 times i smoked it out of my funnel it was AMAZING so (small funnel to mod, got over 2 hours of great smoke)

pack it in the bowl, foil it, poke holes, then throw it away and get tangiers.

lol jk.

ive gotten nothing but nasty sessions from fantasia recently so i stopped bothering. starbuzz was always ok sessions, just never liked the flavors for the price. plus food coloring is a turn off