Steampunk Hookah

these kind of topics are somewhat inspirational....i may take a stab at this some time, however i have no means of putting anything together right now considering i'm broke till mid-april. but someday i will createa steampunk hookah

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lorena F. Palin' date='13 March 2010 - 08:48 PM' timestamp='1268538519' post='456991']
Personally I don't think everyone should just start making steampunk hookahs. Way too manny other directions to go in. Also I think the novelty will ware off. People making hookahs need to inovate and invent...Or just make things that plain out are hilarious.
[/quote]

Word...I have noidea where toeven start with making a steampunk hookah. and if i did make one it would be for special occasions only....but as far as making one thats hilarious goes...i'm thinkin of making one that looks like the Riddle Box. if any one knows what that is...if not google it.

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='MaddMatt' date='08 January 2010 - 09:22 PM' timestamp='1263003754' post='444056']
[quote name='rahl071' date='08 January 2010 - 09:48 AM' timestamp='1262969309' post='443946']
Definitely. If nothing else, can you list me what materials you used? like, pipe choice, etc? It'd be one of those things that I'd live to build myself and customize.
[/quote]

I've been asked this a few times since I've posted this.

[color=#5D5D5D][font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=2]All of my brass/copper and fittings I pulled out of heaps at the recycling center in my town. Other parts from antique stores. The only items I bought "new" was the glass tube (vase from michaels), the hose (moon smoke shop) and the glass bowl (medusa hookah lounge). I have boxes and boxes of antique componants, fittings, handles, knobs, gears, cranks, etc. I try to make most of my steampunk art out of antiques. The best way to keep the real look is to use old parts.

Some parts of the hookah have been soldered together. It comes apart in to 5 main pieces for easy cleaning. The glass tube. Upper assembly, lower assembly, bowl assembly, and base.

The mouthpiece I machined on a lathe at work. The brass globes are bedknobs I found at a flea market. It's really just comes down to scrounging and trying to find the right components to follow the theme. [/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

Matt, the steampunk hookah you built is absolutely gorgeous. I've always loved steampunk, and your hookah is an amazing example of it.

• 2 weeks later...
I've gotta say this is one bloody nice piece, good work on it. I think you've motivated me into starting to think about designing my next homemade hookah. How much did it end up selling for if you don't mind my asking?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
[quote name='Cole.' date='16 June 2010 - 03:39 PM' timestamp='1276720753' post='471825']
Ha, a steam engine whistle would be PERFECT.
[/quote]

I would bet you need a much higher psi than the lungs can produce to create the whistle. Can you make it whistle if you blow through it jlkoelker?

• 2 weeks later...
I just found this post, that is amazing, truly a work of art. You are very talented

• 2 years later...