I have the following body adornment:  

416 members have voted

1. 1.

• I have atleast 1 tattoo
    • I have atleast 1 piercing.
    • I have both tattoos and piercings.
    • I have neither tattoos nor piercings.

DrunkenWizard  got me to thinking...
We've checked out the ages of our members, mostly college age, we know there are 2 or 3 women here, but that we are overwhelmingly men, we even know what part of the world most of us come from. So here's a question about how we look and the image we present to others. I'm kind of interested in other aspects in our overall demographics (sorry, a BA in anthropology/archaeology and a Masters in public history sometimes lead me down strange paths.)
Unless there is a voicing of opinion that its too off topic, pictures might be interesting as well.
I myself have 3 tattoos of cartoons/art work by the late great underground cartoon guru Vaughn Bode.
So what you got on your bods fellow hookers?

I wouldn't mind getting a tattoo at some point in my life, but I want
it to be something memorable to me. You know what I'm talking about.
Something meaningful, not one of those tribal tattoos that people get
on their bicept. One of these days...And it would be small, not more
than 2-3 inches.

As for piercings, I don't think I would look good with piercings..anywhere.

So to answer the survey, I have no tattoos or piercings, but hopefully a tattoo in the future.

right now i have 7 tats looking for the next one. i got my first ink done when i was 16, my mom had to go to the shop and tell the artist it was ok before i could get it done. a few words of wisdom to the younger people here, if you are going to get ink done make sure it is something you want for the rest of your life or you are willing to pay 5 times what you did for the tat to get it removed and sit trough hours of excruciating pain.
every one of my tats mean something to me. one my brother and i got at the same time in the same spot, 2 of the others me and my cousin both have, one is a tribal i designed that has my union symbol in it and the others are symbols of my ill spent youth.
no piercings for me though. i am an electrician so any metal in me turns into a heating element if i get caught up on something. have a buddy that was wearing a gold necklace and got hung up on 480v he now has a nice design around his neck that matches the necklace he no longer wears.

Werd, I'm bare for now. I want a tattoo, just looking for a family symbol of some sort, I used to want the monkey shooting up from that drug movie no one remembers, I love cartoon monkeys! Then I realized how stupid it would be... har. We'll see!Jon

[quote name='jmexx']Werd, I'm bare for now. I want a tattoo, just looking for a family symbol of some sort, I used to want the monkey shooting up from that drug movie no one remembers, I love cartoon monkeys! Then I realized how stupid it would be... har. We'll see! Jon[/quote]
A couple of people I know got the Triforces from Zelda tattooed.  A bunch of my buddies want to get some Invader Zim tattoos.  I'd get the Irken Invader symbol on the back of my neck

• 1 month later...
I know I have posted here twice about tattoos, but...I have another one I want to get.  No background, just the guy.  That is Johnny, if you look in the Jokes and Such forum you'll find more.

Just got my lobes done last tuesday actually, took them out for the
first time a few hours ago. Am gonna stretch em prolly. I ordered some
tapers and some bigger rings so i can take these CZ studs out and
begin.  I want the tattoo that my late father had it was a red "A"
with large wings. My last name is Abide BTW (lebanese, im only 1/4 but
i totally dont look it) and he was a pilot along with my grandfather
who flew in WW2 and owned an airport in MS. Getting that tattoo would
sure mean a lot to me and my mother has no problem with it, but we cant
find a picture of it. I want to modify it a little and put both of our
initials in there on the wings. I think that would be cool. 
Anyway, maybe ill get some pics of the ears when the next set of rings
gets here.

Cool folks!
Abide, any tattoo artist worth their salt will help you create the image you want. If you can describe it, they should work with you to make the Flash (art) you want. Find a clean reliable place and go tlk to someone.
Soup: cool that you have a cartoon you like as well...

I had a friend who got a Prince Albert, when it was real popular to get pierced, 2002, 2001. Actually, as I understand it, the most common kind is actually a "reversed Prince Albert". The real one is rotated 180 degress from the ones most guys have gotten.

[quote name='pavlakos_politakos']anyone have their nipples pierced?[/quote]
I got my nipples pierced two years ago.  There is some totally sweet rings you can put in there, not to mention the stares when you go on a beach trip.  I would recommend taking some painkillers before you stop by the poke-shop, though--a person's nipples geniunely hurt when you shove things through 'em.  ^_^
Take care, and keep your piercings away from magnets!-Steve

Well I did my first stretch today. From gun-pierced 20ga up to 12ga.
the 16ga taper slid in ok, minimal pain, no blood. I got some nice
black captive bead rings with a silver bead. So I left that in for a
bit, then stuck the 12ga taper behind it. OUCH  yeah that felt
fantastic. But i got it all the way in and pulled it through and pushed
the ring behind it, then moved onto the other ear, same deal.  I
like it and I'm gonna be patient and wait about a month (or as long as
possible) for the 10ga stretch. I know this one was way too early but i
couldnt wait. I'm planning on stopping at 4ga. So here it is.

As far as the tattoo, I dont have a clear enough image in my head to actually describe it.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v24/Abide/DSC00110.jpg[/img]