Is H-s Serious?

QUOTE (OC4111 @ Apr 24 2008, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (voski @ Apr 24 2008, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (NickReppinThe909 @ Apr 23 2008, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
damn voski i paid 3.59 today and was pissed now i feel better but fo realz i remember when i first started driving in 03 and i decided to buy a G35 because it is a badass car but now i regret it and im thinking about a hybrid camry because it gets bomb gas mileage compared to my 8city and 17freeway

How are you getting such shitty millage. You should change your driving style. Buy a diesel not a hybrid those are ewww.

Isn't diesel gas more expensive than regular gas nowadays?

Yea but you can pull 40+ mpg out of a diesel. Plus they are more enjoyable to drive compared to a hybrid. Plus you can convert it into biodiesel if you want.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

or you could just get a VW jetta or golf and get 40-45 mpg with normal gas...or get a VW diesal and get over 55mpg.....made for the autoban so there fast last long and great on gas since gas prices in Europe are like over 7 bucks

I love how I inadvertently turned this from a H-S pricejack thread, to a gas/diesel price thread tongue.gif

cmon guys, lets get back on topic

anywho...what it comes down to is inflation...the value of the U.S. dollar is dropping and Bush's "extra money" tax return thing is not gonna help. Times are changing and everything is going up in price...c'mon over $3 for a gallon of milk...thats recockulous
I think with the cost for them to get it shipped to them and ship it to the customer, they have to adjust...everything else is going up in price, so hookah supplies is finally getting hit

QUOTE (voski @ Apr 24 2008, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (OC4111 @ Apr 24 2008, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (voski @ Apr 24 2008, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
damn voski i paid 3.59 today and was pissed now i feel better but fo realz i remember when i first started driving in 03 and i decided to buy a G35 because it is a badass car but now i regret it and im thinking about a hybrid camry because it gets bomb gas mileage compared to my 8city and 17freeway

How are you getting such shitty millage. You should change your driving style. Buy a diesel not a hybrid those are ewww.

Isn't diesel gas more expensive than regular gas nowadays?

Yea but you can pull 40+ mpg out of a diesel. Plus they are more enjoyable to drive compared to a hybrid. Plus you can convert it into biodiesel if you want.

My brother's hybrid pulls 40+. I've never seen it drop below that. It's ugly as sin, but it works.

QUOTE (r1v3th3ad @ Apr 24 2008, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Times are changing and everything is going up in price...c'mon over $3 for a gallon of milk...

Eh, it's still $1-$2 around here unless you've gone Organic or shop at Thriftway/Haggen (yuppy stores that sell the same products for twice the price.) If we start seeing a rise in shisha prices all around the kind of jump (which has already been changed by H-S) that started this thread probably wouldn't annoy people as much. Well, or they'd be complaining a lot about inflation making our hobby (and everything else) more expensive. Edited by Ralleac

QUOTE (Nikon1323 @ Apr 24 2008, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
or you could just get a VW jetta or golf and get 40-45 mpg with normal gas...or get a VW diesal and get over 55mpg.....made for the autoban so there fast last long and great on gas since gas prices in Europe are like over 7 bucks

This is so far from true it hurts my head.

I actually own a 2003 2.0l vw golf. I never EVER got more then 30mpg out of it. My dad drives it to and he doesn't get a lot out of it either. Shit I think I averaged like 22mpg.

Just because a car is made by a German company doesn't mean its made to go fast on the Autobahn. The 2.0 golf is slow as shit I stopped counting after 16 to see what its 0-60 was.

r1v3th3ad,
Assuming hookah supplies start getting effected I fail to see how it could be effected by as much as 4 dollars. Thats almost 1/3rd more then its original price. And why isn't anyone else's price going up? We all know KMs don't need to be sold at $120 to make profit. They can be sold at $50-70 with profit. Demand went up and everyones price went up too except for that one place we can't talk about. Anyways like it was mentioned before I think the FOTM with the pink lemonade craze has a lot to do with the price going up. Thats assuming it actually wasn't a typo and they are just covering it up.

Eh, it's still $1-$2 around here unless you've gone Organic or shop at Thriftway/Haggen (yuppy stores that sell the same products for twice the price.) If we start seeing a rise in shisha prices all around the kind of jump (which has already been changed by H-S) that started this thread probably wouldn't annoy people as much. Well, or they'd be complaining a lot about inflation making our hobby (and everything else) more expensive.

I buy organic, lol...well worth the money. I'm sure people will argue but i feel 100 times better since I switched over to nearly all organic.

and to keep it on topic, h-s was serious, but after they realized other vendors had it cheaper they decided to drop it Edited by Scoop

QUOTE (voski @ Apr 24 2008, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
r1v3th3ad,
Assuming hookah supplies start getting effected I fail to see how it could be effected by as much as 4 dollars. Thats almost 1/3rd more then its original price. And why isn't anyone else's price going up? We all know KMs don't need to be sold at $120 to make profit. They can be sold at $50-70 with profit. Demand went up and everyones price went up too except for that one place we can't talk about. Anyways like it was mentioned before I think the FOTM with the pink lemonade craze has a lot to do with the price going up. Thats assuming it actually wasn't a typo and they are just covering it up.

but once again, you gotta think of shipping, and how often they have to resupply. I don't know ordering for a business, but lets say this: say they normally get their supplies in once a month...well, maybe there is times where people keep buying them out so they have to do a few extra resupplies every month...so, they have to factor in extra shipping costs. I just figure this at the increasing rate on oil these days, to make a reasonable profit like, I'm assuming they were, they have to bump the costs to cover this. People are just getting turned on to Fantasia, they probably originally didn't order much, but now, they are probably continually having to restock it with its popularity, thus shipping and extra outta their pocket, so they need to bump it up.

or it could just be that they see it is popular and decided to get greedy, I guess I might be trying to over rationalize here...lets face it, most people in the world are greedy anymore

QUOTE (austinthecity @ Apr 23 2008, 03:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (manic007 @ Apr 22 2008, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Canon @ Apr 23 2008, 03:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
actually your missing out on 20% of the shisha. but 50 grams is a quarter of 200 grams. i blame neal and his free samples for the price increase.

I dont know how you got that? You have in your hand a 200 gram box, to make it upto 250grams you need to increase the 200 gram box by a quarter. Thats what happening in the case of Fantasia, you start with the 200 gram box. You should get a quarter more than whats in the box. I think you're thinking of the reverse - have a 250gram box and want to reduce it down to 200 grams wink.gif

he got that because you claimed fantasia is giving you less than they should. Less than other brands.

well, in that case, how much do other brands give you?
250g.

how much less does fantasia give you?
50g.

what percent of 250 is 50?
20%

so 20% less

however, other brands give you 25% or a quarter more. you were just using the argument that fantasia gives you less.

<3 sorry.. math major

I know I really shouldn't bother, but screw it, I'm in the mood.

QUOTE (austinthecity @ Apr 23 2008, 03:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
he got that because you claimed fantasia is giving you less than they should. Less than other brands.

No. I claimed that you should get more than what fantasia gives you.

The key is as you correctly pointed out the reference value by which changes are measured against, but you clearly haven't read the orginal post. I have not at any point used the word "less". I have categorically stated that the reference value as 200grams, and I compare this to 250grams. I suggest you read my original post, WORD FOR WORD:

QUOTE (manic007 @ Apr 23 2008, 03:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It may not be H-S's fault, it could be that Fantasia has increased its wholesale price. I love Fantasia but it SICKENS me that sell in 200 gram tubs, as opposeed to the practically industry standard 250grams. Its a cheap trick, some people wont notice the smaller size and so wont make an informed dissision as to how much they're being ripped off - this sort of stuff happens to me all the time in real-world shops, its why I read everything so carefull (although as Mush would point out not people's posts)

I can't think of any good reason why Fantasia would choose to sell in a smaller tub. You may think, "well its only 50grams, why stress?". But an increase of 50grams over a 200gram tub is a QUARTER! So if you order many tubs, you're loosing out on a quarter of what you brought. Its a sly bussiness trick.

And come on! We all know that economy of scale means that its cheaper to produce largers tubs than smaller? So if they went up to 250grams its not like the price will increase by a quarter. So why are they doing it?

In my book, they make great shisha, but its clear they're only in it for the money.

PS: Sorry for the slight thread jack

So, did I use the word less in the calculation, or imply less?

Did you simply not read the original post carefully enough and instead jumped to conclusions based on stuff you're familiar with, as opposed to what was presented to you? Cause I sometimes do that! LOL tongue.gif

So, do well in your Maths modules? wink.gif

p.s: physics degree - real world, real problems, very slippery

QUOTE (Scoop @ Apr 25 2008, 02:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i thought non-real world friction surfaces were very slippery =/

boy was i wrong lol

Theory and practice my friend, theory and practice!

As the old saying goes: In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

And FWIW I concentrated on practical physics, avoid it like the plague, assume nothing - TEST EVERYTHING! wacko.gif

QUOTE (manic007 @ Apr 24 2008, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Scoop @ Apr 25 2008, 02:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i thought non-real world friction surfaces were very slippery =/

boy was i wrong lol

Theory and practice my friend, theory and practice!

As the old saying goes: In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

And FWIW I concentrated on practical physics, avoid it like the plague, assume nothing - TEST EVERYTHING! wacko.gif

Oh don't worry...I will avoid it like the plague all hectic applications of physics. Unless for some reason theres an E&M field disrupting my hookah, I won't look back

QUOTE (Nikon1323 @ Apr 24 2008, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i would never own a VW (or bentley or lambo or audi since they are all made by vw) simply because my buddy had a 2006 GTI and the transmission literally fell out of the car after 2900 miles and the dealer said "must not have been assembled correctly at the plant"

im looking at the 2009 camry hybrid for my daily driver though and i will keep my G and turn it in to a SCCA regional car

QUOTE (voski @ Apr 24 2008, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

greddy twin turbo bolt on kit, lunati stage 3 cams,AEM stand alone ECU,titanium straight pipes,intake spacers,plenum spacers,TQZ transmission,exedy twin disc clutch and so on and so on just so i can crank just over 410 to the wheels

EDIT: i will never buy a diesel it is the devils fuel lol Edited by NickReppinThe909

QUOTE (NickReppinThe909 @ Apr 24 2008, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

greddy twin turbo bolt on kit, lunati stage 3 cams,AEM stand alone ECU,titanium straight pipes,intake spacers,plenum spacers,TQZ transmission,exedy twin disc clutch and so on and so on just so i can crank just over 410 to the wheels

EDIT: i will never buy a diesel it is the devils fuel lol

Diesel is the bomb, its so powerful and gives great mileage. Look at the Audi R10 TDI and Peugot HDi FAP racers.

QUOTE (Tea&Hookah @ Apr 24 2008, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Diesel is the bomb, its so powerful and gives great mileage. Look at the Audi R10 TDI and Peugot HDi FAP racers.

it pollutes more,smells horrible,the engines sound like shit,not much top end power,has to be turbo to work

i can go on and on plus a diesel will NEVER sound this AMAZING

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYzyzGVdy3s

Stay off the boost then! How are you pumping like only 100 more HP with all those mods? Aren't they 330 hp stock? There might be something wrong with your tune. But I donno, do you have a dyno sheet?

If the transmission fell out at 2900 miles they have had to have replaced it under warranty. There are a lot of VWs with 200k plus miles. Hell there are a few r32s with 130k+ miles and they are driven hard every day. A few of them even have a turbo kits.

I thought you were worried about gas millage. You get more out of a diesel and you don't have to use two motors. Plus you aren't gonna get performance out of a hybrid what the hell? Diesels also have a lot of tq. I thought newer diesels have really low emissions.

You can honestly say if someone gave you the keys to an R8 or a lambo you wouldn't take it? How about keys to a Veyron?

Thats a super car few cars sound anywhere near that good.

QUOTE (voski @ Apr 24 2008, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Stay off the boost then! How are you pumping like only 100 more HP with all those mods? Aren't they 330 hp stock? There might be something wrong with your tune. But I donno, do you have a dyno sheet?

If the transmission fell out at 2900 miles they have had to have replaced it under warranty. There are a lot of VWs with 200k plus miles. Hell there are a few r32s with 130k+ miles and they are driven hard every day. A few of them even have a turbo kits.

I thought you were worried about gas millage. You get more out of a diesel and you don't have to use two motors. Plus you aren't gonna get performance out of a hybrid what the hell? Diesels also have a lot of tq. I thought newer diesels have really low emissions.

You can honestly say if someone gave you the keys to an R8 or a lambo you wouldn't take it? How about keys to a Veyron?

Thats a super car few cars sound anywhere near that good.

260 BHP stock in a G35 the G37 has 330 BHP im talking WHP i probably have 460 at the crank

i plan on keeping the my G and using the hybrid as a daily driver along with my tacoma

i hate lambos (my dad had a 430 and now has a lexus LS600HL as his daily driver and a 96 F50 as a weekend toy) and a the veyron is the ugliest car on the road and the R8 is pretty close to being just as bad so nope i wouldnt take them if someone offered them to me unless i could take one and trade it for either a 612 sessanta or a mirage gt or carrera gt

ordered fantasia around the time this thread was posted (maybe a couple hours after so it could have been fixed) but it was for the normal price that it usually is...

regarding gas, my 2005 ford expedition rules on gas

This is so far from true it hurts my head.

I actually own a 2003 2.0l vw golf. I never EVER got more then 30mpg out of it. My dad drives it to and he doesn't get a lot out of it either. Shit I think I averaged like 22mpg.

Just because a car is made by a German company doesn't mean its made to go fast on the Autobahn. The 2.0 golf is slow as shit I stopped counting after 16 to see what its 0-60 was.

sorry man but maybe you got screwed over my friend owns a VW jetta diesal TURBO and gets 50mpg+ and i my friend has a 2004 golf GTI and gets 40mpg and my uncle has a jetta 2001 GTI and gets around 38 to 40.....

edit. Fantasia shisha is amazing...enough said Edited by Nikon1323

QUOTE (NickReppinThe909 @ Apr 24 2008, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Tea&Hookah @ Apr 24 2008, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it pollutes more,smells horrible,the engines sound like shit,not much top end power,has to be turbo to work

i can go on and on plus a diesel will NEVER sound this AMAZING

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYzyzGVdy3s

Well yes that is all true.