Is H-s Serious?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just about had it with H-S's shit, they can have all the discounts they want but it doesn't mean a thing when their prices are so much higher than other online stores.

Also their pipes are made of crappy materials and have terrible welds.

I like them...
They treat me really well and do more than they have to if I have an issue with something I got from them. Plus they are in Austin, where I am from, and I get their stuff shipped to me overnight a few hrs away.

QUOTE (FireMeetsIce @ Apr 22 2008, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like them...
They treat me really well and do more than they have to if I have an issue with something I got from them. Plus they are in Austin, where I am from, and I get their stuff shipped to me overnight a few hrs away.

There is no question that their customer service is very good, and their prices have always been a bit higher. However this just seems greedy.

QUOTE (Tom16689 @ Apr 22 2008, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (FireMeetsIce @ Apr 22 2008, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like them...

There is no question that their customer service is very good, and their prices have always been a bit higher. However this just seems greedy.

Totally agree. Just because you can get that much, doesn't mean its right.
And obviously it is upsetting some. hah Edited by FireMeetsIce

well you can get it at other vendors using their discount codes for cheaper than H-S with the 18% discount.
I have to agree, H-S has A+ customer service but prices that high are kinda crazy. Edited by waterboi

It may not be H-S's fault, it could be that Fantasia has increased its wholesale price. I love Fantasia but it SICKENS me that sell in 200 gram tubs, as opposeed to the practically industry standard 250grams. Its a cheap trick, some people wont notice the smaller size and so wont make an informed dissision as to how much they're being ripped off - this sort of stuff happens to me all the time in real-world shops, its why I read everything so carefull (although as Mush would point out not people's posts)

I can't think of any good reason why Fantasia would choose to sell in a smaller tub. You may think, "well its only 50grams, why stress?". But an increase of 50grams over a 200gram tub is a QUARTER! So if you order many tubs, you're loosing out on a quarter of what you brought. Its a sly bussiness trick.

And come on! We all know that economy of scale means that its cheaper to produce largers tubs than smaller? So if they went up to 250grams its not like the price will increase by a quarter. So why are they doing it?

In my book, they make great shisha, but its clear they're only in it for the money.

PS: Sorry for the slight thread jack

QUOTE (Canon @ Apr 22 2008, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
actually your missing out on 20% of the shisha. but 50 grams is a quarter of 200 grams. i blame neal and his free samples for the price increase.

yup, you corrected before i had a chance.

increase of a quarter, decrease of a fifth.

honestly though, pink lemonade is one of my fav flavors, so i don't mind paying the premiums...

I was going to try Fantasia on my new order, but if they did indeed jack their wholesale prices up, I'll be sending my cash another way smile.gif

QUOTE (Canon @ Apr 23 2008, 03:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
actually your missing out on 20% of the shisha. but 50 grams is a quarter of 200 grams. i blame neal and his free samples for the price increase.

I dont know how you got that? You have in your hand a 200 gram box, to make it upto 250grams you need to increase the 200 gram box by a quarter. Thats what happening in the case of Fantasia, you start with the 200 gram box. You should get a quarter more than whats in the box. I think you're thinking of the reverse - have a 250gram box and want to reduce it down to 200 grams wink.gif Edited by manic007

QUOTE (KLD @ Apr 22 2008, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good thing i bought a 3 pack when they were cheap, I wont be buying anymore fantasia at that price

the three pack deal is actually not that bad. break down to 12.98 each before discount and with 18% discount it equals 10.65 a jar Edited by waterboi

QUOTE (manic007 @ Apr 22 2008, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont know how you got that? You have in your hand a 200 gram box, to make it upto 250grams you need to increase the 200 gram box by a quarter. Thats what happening in the case of Fantasia, you start with the 200 gram box. You should get a quarter more than whats in the box. I think you're thinking of the reverse - have a 250gram box and want to reduce it down to 200 grams wink.gif

lol, doesnt really matter. its still 50 grams which to me is alot. good thing tangiers is still cheap *knocks on wood*

In my opinion I think hookah-shisha is just trying to persuade people to buy the 3 tub deal, since they havent changed the price of their 3 tub deal so most people who want to order would see that it would just be cheaper if they bought 3. DPG and hookah-shishas 3 tub deal is the same price more or less.

QUOTE (manic007 @ Apr 22 2008, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont know how you got that? You have in your hand a 200 gram box, to make it upto 250grams you need to increase the 200 gram box by a quarter. Thats what happening in the case of Fantasia, you start with the 200 gram box. You should get a quarter more than whats in the box. I think you're thinking of the reverse - have a 250gram box and want to reduce it down to 200 grams wink.gif

he got that because you claimed fantasia is giving you less than they should. Less than other brands.

well, in that case, how much do other brands give you?
250g.

how much less does fantasia give you?
50g.

what percent of 250 is 50?
20%

so 20% less

however, other brands give you 25% or a quarter more. you were just using the argument that fantasia gives you less.

<3 sorry.. math major