Just Quit Smoking Those Nasty Sticks Thanks To Hookah

I smoked 1-2 packs a day (camel lights) from 19-20 years old to just a few weeks ago. ( I'll be 28 in may) After my first few experiences with hookah I really had no desire to smoke those nasty things. Now i smoke hookah three times a day with regular shisha and take care of my cravings in between with soex. Eventually i want to cut my reg shisha smoking to once a day. This is really working and i love the fact that i dont have to spend 5-10 bucks a day goin to get those stinkin camels. I LOVE HOOKAH! Am I just trading one habit for another or is it better to smoke hookah a few times a day than to smoke 20-40 cigs? Edited by K4L30

Hookah isnt as good for you as not smoking all together. But it surely is much better than cigs. I used to smoke cigars on a regular basis and then after my first hookah experience i tried to smoke a cigar again but thought i was going to die because it was so harsh.

I'd say it's probably better for you to smoke several bowls of hookah a day rather than a few packs of cigs simply because there aren't tons of added chemicals in shisha (unless you count honey, flavoring, and glycerine laugh.gif ). It's also cheaper as you said, and it feels much better... cool smoke doesn't irritate the lungs and make you wheeze like inhaling hot smoke can.

Glad to hear that hookah saved yet another from the constant buying of cancer sticks!

Shisha might not be great for your health, but I know I smoke it less frequently than I did cigarettes. I tried cigars, gum, cold turkey, and the only thing that works is limiting myself to the hookah. I smoke maybe a couple times a week and my chest doesn't feel as heavy after shisha as it did with the cancer sticks. One thing is for certain, it tastes better than that nasty gum.

actualy here are a couple vids that prove cigs are worse, first off this is a vid of 400 ciggs filtered through water, keep in mind that my hookah water wont change color even after 5 heads on the same water, just the juice that seeps down the stem.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ln2OI_vEqH0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsc4r3I2Pgc

after this point if you still dont believe, then you sir are stubborn.

also to add my grandpa smoked hookah for 50 years, he is now 82, went for a lung exam and one of those things that show how it looks like inside, didn't even cross the docs mind to ask if he smokes, very clean.

and so I come to conclusion that you did a healthy choice to kick that habit, hookah on! Edited by Steemax
Rule #11

QUOTE (Steemax @ Apr 21 2008, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
actualy here are a couple vids that prove cigs are worse, first off this is a vid of 400 ciggs filtered through water, keep in mind that my hookah water wont change color even after 5 heads on the same water, just the juice that seeps down the stem.

also to add my grandpa smoked hookah for 50 years, he is now 82, went for a lung exam and one of those things that show how it looks like inside, didn't even cross the docs mind to ask if he smokes, very clean.

and so I come to conclusion that you did a healthy choice to kick that habit, hookah on!

Good call on that second video. If this doesn't stop the arguments, then I don't know what will.

QUOTE (Steemax @ Apr 21 2008, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

and so I come to conclusion that you did a healthy choice to kick that habit, hookah on!

Right on man. Thanks for that. That second video says it all. I'll be putting much use to my 34" king tut I got in the mail today. Lovely piece! sorry... had to bragg a little. rolleyes.gif

Good for you K4L30!

I quit smoking cigarettes last May, pack a day habit. I was really struggling and almost started again until I discovered this hookah lounge in my neighborhood. I am aware hookah is not a safe alternative however, I know what I am putting into my lungs now compared with all the additional additives in cigarettes is no comparison. Plus my apt. does not smell like an ashtray anymore.

cigs:pack or so a day of kools or camel crushes
dip:once every 6 months or so I'll get pouches
pipe: when I'm in the mood I get vanilla or hazelnut
hookah: as much as possible tongue.gif

QUOTE (gaia.plateau @ Apr 26 2008, 07:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally I think that hookah is probably overall worse for your lungs, but better for your overall health. Take that as you will.

ya, a lot more smoke could be a doozy...the healthier side is "well, at least I'm not putting rat poison and narcotics into my lungs, like the 3000 some chems refined into cigs.."

QUOTE (gaia.plateau @ Apr 26 2008, 07:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally I think that hookah is probably overall worse for your lungs, but better for your overall health. Take that as you will.

Agreed. We may like to pretend it's less harmful but if you're sitting there puffing for hours, you're getting your respiratory system wrecked either way. I don't know much about human biology, but I'd assume that when smoking a cig the body automatically fights the irritant, but in the case of hookah I don't think it's able to keep on the defensive for hours. Even if there are less harmful particles, the sheer amount of smoke you're inhaling is bound to wreak havoc in the long run.

All this typed with one hand while puffing on T's. Oh the irony dry.gif