I Feel Like A King =)

so i just got my first couple batches of tangiers in the other day. got kashmir peach, peach iced tea, green apple and spearmint. so i just loaded up my first bowl of it(smoking it right now actually...kpeach...it's fantastic) after letting it acclimate for about 5 hours in my mya bowl...tossed on some coals and instantly got great flavor and smoke...and NO HARSHNESS! i'm so proud of myself.

so yeah, nothing real exciting, just happy i could get my first bowl of tangiers smoking perfectly, and not even with a phunnel.

good day, good day...now it's time to write a paper...booo

That's good to hear. When I first tried tangiers (maybe over a year ago) I sure had a lot of trouble... but that was before I knew anything about acclimation and setting it up.

hopefully others will try tangiers out after reading this... i know many people are afraid to try it after reading endless posts of people getting it wrong

thanks guys. i was a little hesitant about trying out tangiers on my own because of all the bad rap it gets from first timers, but it's really not that hard to get right, or maybe i'm just lucky...just gotta read some of the posts on here about packing it right.

but yeah, to anyone else that's afraid to try it...don't be. it's too good of a tobacco to not smoke.

i just got my first tangiers about a week ago. watcvhed some videos aon how to set it up and within 5 minutes of lighting the coals it was smoking perfectly . smoked it together with a couple of my friends (all new to hookah but i think i got them hooked biggrin.gif) and they loved it. not a little bit harsh and great taste. def my fav. now smile.gif

actually smoking orange soda with them right now

Yeah there is a lot of talk about how Tangiers requires godlike skills to set up, but watch a vid, read a few posts and it's not that hard after all. Also the killer buzz is a myth in my opinion... I was really reluctant to try T's because of that, but now that I did I think I'll make the switch to T's only.

Getting Tangiers the first time will pretty much guarantee good packing skills from then on. It's like riding a bicycle, its tough learning but once you do, you never forget. It's also one of the most rewarding things ever as well because Tangiers is just TOO good.

Just had my first GOOD bowl of tangiers myself, out of a phunnel bowl. F-line Cocoa, buzz was pretty strong to start off, but the smoke was kinda thin through out the session. Im just glad it wasn't terribly harsh or anything like other people have had, overall it was a pretty good session - great flavor, and a nice buzz, even it wasn't huge clouds. I dont think it's quite as hard as people say it is.