Latex Hookah Hose!

VDDZ

So I chopped up an old hose (and didn't like what I saw) and when down to lowes to pick up some tubing when I saw some latex tubing like hospitals use! well it's thicker, thicker than the stuff on my slingshot, so it works really well on my mini hookah! I didn't think to take pics, but the smoke is respectable, and it's fully washable!

Edited by Canon

That’s a good idea. Now you can go he a hose cover and it will look like a normal hose.

What a fantastic idea! How's the taste? Does it have a rubber glove taste to it? My only other concern would be how much heat it can handle. I've had spent coals on my tray and they'll burn right through my bowl grommet. As many times as guests knock over my hookah, I'd be afraid they'd melt the hose.

But a longer, more flexible hose might solve that problem. biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry to dig this up, but I've been looking around online for some latex tubing. Everything I've found seems to have a smaller diameter than what you have. From the looks, I'd say yours is 3/8in interior diameter, but I have no idea what the wall thickness is. Also, how much did you pay at Lowes?

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (hday @ Apr 24 2008, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry to dig this up, but I've been looking around online for some latex tubing. Everything I've found seems to have a smaller diameter than what you have. From the looks, I'd say yours is 3/8in interior diameter, but I have no idea what the wall thickness is. Also, how much did you pay at Lowes?

It was $1.60 a foot and I HomeDepot didnt have it.

And about my getto hookah, I built that thing with tubes, resin, blood, sweet, and tears! It's one of my homemades and I'm very proud of it, it smokes better then most peoples pos that they get a "good deal" on at the headshop and I made it, so thank you very much!

• 1 month later...
I'm LOVING the tray supports! Ghetto or not, that's awesome in my eyes. tongue.gif

The latex hose is a great idea. I was thinking of making a home make hose, and this solved all my "fears". Good show.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (chsajid @ Jun 17 2008, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow excellent idea, in which shops would i find like that rubber?

He bought it from lowes which is a hardware store in the US. I don't know what the equivalent would be in the UK. I am going to try this with my broken Nammor.

• 11 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...