Ebay And Craigslist Hookah Finds

I found this. Looks like a Nawras 29S w a crappy metal bowl. However the description is laughable. Traditional syrians never had bows tha tgo on top they were made for inside fitting bowls. 

Also No way this pipe is 150 years old lol and no way was it owned by some Syrian Shah overlord dude... I mean the description is just laughable. I really want to to message this dude to laugh at him but I am not if 1 of you guys want to, Feel free! 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Royal-Hookah-Of-Syrian-Descent-from-1850s-owned-By-Shah-of-Syria/181307201886?_trksid=p2050601.m2372&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D207%26meid%3D4304959413671276304%26pid%3D100085%26prg%3D1112%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D171223814217%26%26clkid%3D4304963112475857694&_qi=RTM1562569

lols here is the full description from the seller:

"This is a hookah that has been part of my family for quite some time now and has been passed down from generation to generation. It has been authenticated and appraised and it is from the 1850's through 1870's. The hookah was given as a gift to the price of Syria when he gained the throne from his father before becoming Shah of Syria himself. The hookah was hand crafted as a gift to the prince for the day that he was given the thrown of Syria from his father and become the Shah of Syria himself during the 1850's after his father had passed away. The hookah has been part of my family for well over 70 years now, which is why it's been kept in such pristine condition. I have kept it myself and have maintained and taken great care of it which is why it's still in immaculate condition as it is now. Not only is the hookah over 150 years old, but it has also belonged to royalty of another nation which gives it a certain appeal you can not achieve through normal marketplaces unless you prefer on spending 5-10x as much at auction. This is your chance to own a true piece of history and be able to own a one of a kind antique that in my eyes is priceless, but unfortunately with the economy as it is, bills and rent are coming close to being due and unfortunately living means more then a piece of priceless antique heritage. It pains me to see something that has been passed down to have it let go to someone else, but all I can hope is that it goes to someone who appreciates it as much as my family has appreciated it throughout our lives as well.

- The base is hand blown with mixtures of colors including golden flakes blown in with intricacy that only one of royal standards would be able to afford or let alone own due to their stature in Syria.
- The chassis itself has been handcrafted, not molded as some may say, which only issue may be the fact that it is but a single hose, but there is reason behind that. This was a gift to the Shah of Syria. This was his personal hookah. The Shah would not share such a prized possession with anyone but himself which adds truth to why it is only  a single hose.
- In the time that my family and I have owned it, the hookah has never been used not even once for testing purposes because we realized the true value of it as soon as we realized what it was that we had.
- Everything from the house, to the ash plate, to the chassis, down the the hand blown glass base, and  the hand painting on the base, everything is hand made from top to finish. Meaning someone put their heart and soul into this hookah as a dedication to the new Shah of Syria to show his devotion to the new rulers reign.

This hookah has now a chance to belong with your collection and either add to a current collection, or possibly start a new collection as well. I wish you the best of luck and best of luck to those who bid."
Edited by A Sharrp SYBIAN

Should I notify him that Syria had no shah, but rather was ruled by the Ottoman Sultan in Istanbul? And that the guy on the base is Shah Nasreddin Qajar of IRAN?

Done. I sent the following:

I'm curious where on earth you fabricated this story from. 

First of all, there has never been a Shah of Syria, especially not in the 1850s, when Syria was an OTTOMAN PROVINCE, ruled ultimately by the Ottoman Sultan in Istanbul. The guy on the vase is Nasreddin Shah Qajar, Shah of IRAN, in the late 19th century - whose face is a popular motif in the Middle East. 

Furthermore, what you have there is no antique, and is a relatively modern (say, within 10 years), fairly standard Syrian hookah, similar to those produced by the Al Nawras company (if not in fact a Nawras), which are quite desirable. Desirable though it may be, it's not worth anything near $620. You could easily get $100+ for it, but $600? Whose leg are you pulling?

If you care to dispute this, take this up with the experts at Hookah Forum, where your absurd claims are being skewered this very moment.

• 4 weeks later...