Strawberry

Setup: KM Trimetal
Bowl: Standard Egyptian
Hose: KM Hose
Screen/Foil: Foil
Liquid In base: Tapwater
Coal: 2 1/4 pieces of Exotica

Cut: Fine cut, very juicy.

Taste: Very accurate strawberry taste, not a candied flavor.

Smoke Thickness: Had some pretty good clouds going.

Buzz: No buzz.

Duration: About an hour.

This was a good flavor, good smoke clouds, smooth, very enjoyable. 9/10 Edited by NJE03

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mint

Setup: 32 inch brandless egyptian. regular clay bowl. 3 cococha cocunut coals.

Appearance: brown, lots of molasses. medium cut.

Smell: very strong mint scent

Smoke: it was easy to get big clouds of smoke from this flavor.

Flavor: like mint. the flavor is very strong, which i liked. it tastes as if you were smoking mentos.

Buzz: no buzz.

Duration: 2 hours.

Overall: 9/10 the flavor is just right and lasts for a long time in a standard bowl.

how does it compare to other mint flavors: i like it just as much as nakhla mint.

Hookahups Special Tropical
Set up:
29" Egyptian, standard Egyptian bowl, 2 3k QL(40mm), ice & water in the vase

Packaging: plastic sealed bag

Appearence
: orangish yellow color, slightly juicy

Smell: Like fruit punch
Taste: Nice pronounced fruity taste bot on inhale and exhale
Smoke: decent, got some thick clouds at times but I had to add alot of heat

Length: approx 1hr 15min
Buzz: no discernable buzz
Overall: 7.5/10 I like the flavor of this, you could not only smell it but taste it on both the inhale and exhale. The smoke issue bring it down due to having to use alot of heat which if you left it on there would make it harsh.

Hookahups Grape
Set up:
see above, only used 1 3k(40mm)

Appearence
: dark brown, wet but not juicy
Smell: slight grape jolly rancher scent
Taste: Light grape taste, it came in went depending on how much heat was used. more heat, less flavor
Smoke: on and off, took alot of heat to get some decent clouds
Length: 30-40 min, I didn't pack that much and just used 1 3k
Buzz: nothing noticable
Overall: 6.5/10 It's a decent tobacco but just not that much flavor like the special tropical. Plust the tradeoff in smoke v heat is a bummer. It's always nice to get both.

Fruit Mix Mint

Setup: MYA Bambino
Bowl: MNH small glass funnel
Screen/Foil: Foil
Liquid In base: Tapwater and ice
Coal: 2 3k quicklights

Cut: Pretty fine cut.

Taste: Fruit mint taste. kinda well balanced

Smoke Thickness: Thick nice clouds

Buzz: Small buzz

Duration: 45 min. just wanted a quick smoke

9/10. def a good shisha. taste good and smokes well.

Hookahups Apple

Set up: KM Mash'al, MNH Jet Glass Funnel, KM hose from my Black Pear, cold Wisconsin tap water in the vase, foil and 2 pcs of coconaras.

I needed to keep the windcover on the whole time, I did not want a third coal because it would have been to hot for my little Jet Glass Funnel

Appearance: 7/10, I like NO food coloring in my tobacco, just a personal preference. This flavor does not seem to have any but the cherry and strawberry do. Nice medium cut, plenty of juices, a couple of stems.

Smoke/Taste: 7.5/10 only because of my fault of not having a proper set up to give it more heat. Nice smoke, decent clouds, and a little hint of Apple, still a very pleasant smoke, No Anise, so 2 thumbs up for that. I still got really good smoke while the coals were fresh, but it thinned out a lot after 40 minutes. A little more Apple flavor would have been great, I will use my bigger Jet glass for next smoke of another flavor so I can use more heat.

Duration: I hour 10 minutes. I set of coconaras, could have gone longer, but my setup was wrong for this type of tobacco

Buzz: Not sure, I was smoking a lot that day Hookah.gif

Overall: 7/10 for this flavor. A little more Apple flavor and this would be perfect, this tobacco has the taste I am looking for in an Apple flavor.

cherry

Setup: 40 inch brass egyptian. regular clay bowl. 3 cococha cocunut coals.

Appearance: dark brown, lots of molasses. medium cut.

Smell: it smells like cherry flavored coughsyrup

Smoke: lots of thick smoke, just like the other flavors.

Flavor: strong sweet cherry flavor. the flavors didn`t die towards the end of the bowl.

Buzz: didn`t get one, i smoke alot.

Duration: 1 and a half hour.

Overall: 8/10 the flavor is strong and the smoke is thick. but the tobacco is not outstanding in any way.

how does it compare to other cherry flavors: it smells and tastes alot like nakhla cherry, which i have smoked alot of.

Fruit Mix Mint

Setup: MYA Gyro, tangiers phunnel, foil, exoticas

Cut: Med cut, few stems

Smell: Fruit cocktail with mint

Taste: Good mix of cocktail and mint

Smoke Thickness: Pretty good clouds, nothing to write home about

Buzz: I don't get buzzes anymore

Duration: Hour and a half, coulda gone more.

Overall: 9/10. Good stuff, tastes great.

Melon Mint

Setup: Egyptian hookah with traditional clay bowl, water in the vase, foil on the bowl.

Coals: 1 Soltan Quicklite 40mm

Cut: Fine with some big pieces, barely any stems, the stems that it contained were all small. Not too wet yet not dry, nice amount of wetness.

Smell: Very nice. can't quite put my finger on it.. fruity with a hint of spearmint i guess

Taste: Like melon and mint. Minty on the inhale and most of the melon comes in on the exhale, a very pleasent yet subtle flavor. The mint is stronger obviously but not overpowering, you can still taste the melon.

Smoke: It started smoking straight off the first pull. Nice fluffy white clouds after the 4th pull, off one coal (soltans are big and thick though and give off a lot of heat) Smoke became pure white when i put on a foil windcover about 30 mins into the session but then got a bit harsh so i took it off, i prefer flavor to smoke. Great flavor all round. I stopped after about 1 hour, the smoke and flavor were still going strong but i had had enough. For the few seconds it got harsh, i removed wind cover, ashed the coal and purged. Taste and smoke returned to normal.

Buzz: Relaxing buzz, makes you feel lazy. Even though I don't smoke for the buzz, i have to admit this was nice.

Duration: I only smoked it for an hour and the shisha was still pretty moist.. could have gone for another 45 mins.

Overall: I'd give this an 8/10 because the melon, although quite subtle, tastes very realistic and the mint is not too strong. I like it... I would consider a rebuy but only the odd 50g packs as im not a fan of melon (the fruit). Very nice smoke though would highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys melon. Couldn't put pics on as my camera has no batteries.. will try post pics with upcoming reviews.

Melon Mint

Setup: Egyptian hookah with traditional clay bowl, water in the vase, foil on the bowl.

Coals: 1 Golden 33m quicklight

Cut:
Fine cut with a few bigger pieces. I just sort of feathered the shisha in there and then patted it down lightly.

Smell: Smells like melon with a hint of a cooling sensation. Great smell. 9/10

Taste: I dont know what it was about this flavor, but I could not stand it at all. I could only taste the faint melon flavor but the mint overpowered it. The lightness of the melon flavor made it taste faintly of plastic. This was in a fresh, clean hookah, not a bit of old taste in there. I just couldnt stand this flavor for very long before I wanted to pack another bowl. 4/10

Smoke: This tobacco smoked very nicely while I did smoke it. I smoked about a half hour and the clouds were good. 8.5/10

Buzz: Somewhat relaxing, I felt it. I liked that sensation, where it wasnt overpowering. 8/10

Duration: I smoked it for a half hour. I had a lot of unburned shisha left obviously. Duration would likely be between 1.5 and 2 hours normally.

Overall: I give this shisha an overall score of 5/10. I generally smoke for the flavor and I didnt like the flavor of it. I think you should defintely keep these 2 flavors seperate. I'm sure you would absolutely nail the melon flavor if it were apart from the mint. I cant say I would smoke this flavor again unless someone else bought it for me at a lounge. Needs work in my opinion.

Hookah Ups Grape

Setup: 22" Egyptian hookah with traditional clay bowl, water in the vase, foil on the bowl.

Coals: 2 Natural coals

Cut: Fine cut with a few bigger pieces. I just sort of feathered the shisha in there and then patted it down lightly.

Smell: Smells faintly like grape with a berry finish. Pleasant, but I dont get the grape feeling with this flavor. Maybe I need to eat a few to get the smell comparison. 7/10

Taste: I liked this flavor, but I didnt get the grape sensation while I smoked this. I was expecting something similar to an Al Waha or Nakhla style grape. Something strong that stands out. I got more of a subtle grape with a hint of berry on the finish. It's nice but not great yet. 7/10

Smoke: This tobacco smoked very nicely while I did smoke it. I smoked this one longer and the clouds were better. 9/10

Buzz: Somewhat relaxing, I felt it. I liked that sensation, where it wasnt overpowering. 8/10

Duration: I smoked it for an hour and a half. I had a lot of unburned shisha left. This one could have gone a long time. 10/10

Overall: I give this shisha an overall score of 7.9/10. The reason being is that I didnt get the strong grape that I was looking for. It had a berry sort of take on it. I would definitely smoke it again. It just needs work tuning the flavor to the expectency. Nicely done, keep tooling with it.

Strawberry

Coals: 2 3K 33mm

Cut: Fine with some big pieces, barely any stems, the stems that it contained were all small. Not too wet yet not dry, nice amount of wetness.

Smell: Very nice. Very Strawberry

Taste: Taste is really good like real strawberries.

Smoke: I started off with one coal very light clouds once i put a second it really got thick and nice and started to taste more flavour.

Buzz: Nice relaxing buzz.

Duration: I have been smoking for 30 mins and still going.

Overall: It has very good flavour and nice smoke. But I dont like the fact that i have to use 2 coals on a small bowl to really get it going.

Score: 8/10

HookahUps Lemon

Setup: MYA Gyro, tangiers phunnel, foil, exoticas

Cut: Med cut, few stems

Smell: Like a lemon head candy smile.gif mmmm

Taste: Not so great. For some reason, this flavor totally took on a coal flavor. I thought it was because I had some black on my coals still, but I had another bowl without any black on the coal, and it still took the flavor on. Disgusting.

Smoke Thickness: Not anything great but not bad.

Buzz: I don't get buzzes anymore

Duration: I stuck through it for an hour, then couldn't do it anymore.

Overall: 1/10. Terrible, totally took on the coal taste

Set up:29" Syrian w/small phunnel and Mod 3K QL

Appearence: medium cut, few stems, moist

Smell: fruity

Taste: Very good taste. tropical like it says.

Smoke: Very thick clouds.

Length: 1hour 45min

Buzz: Mild

Overall: 8/10 good flavor and taste good. Would def buy .

Hookahups Lemon

Set Up: Tri-Metal, Hemi bowl 3 coconaras, KM hose foil, cold water in the vase.

Cut like all have posted including myself. This tobacco seems a little dryer then the rest of the samples, still very wet though. I like the Medium cut and little or no coloring in this flavor.

Taste. Very good. Not to sour not to sweet. A good mix IMO. Smells likes lemons and tastes like a lemonhead candy. I could only smoke for about 40 minutes, the flavor is to much by itself. This tobacco can take the heat thats for sure. Good thick smoke. I think I will need 4 cocos to get Cherry and Strawberry going.

Overall I give this a 6/10 Pleasant taste and smoke, a great lemon for a mix.

Hookahups Fruity Mint Mix

Set-up: MZ Horas C, AF Healthy Hose, Small Mod bowl, Natual lump charcoal.

Cut: Fine, and moist. Not to sticky...just right.

Smell: Very fruity

Taste: I did not enjoy this as much as the mint hookahups. The fruit taste seemed to be lacking, and I did not get much of a mint taste at all. This did not taste much different than any other fruit-mix shisha I've had before..I was not very impressed.

Smoke: Nice clouds

Buzz: Not much at all

Overall: 5/10 I wasn't a huge fan of this flavor. It was missing the mint and the fruity flavor that was there wasn't great. I'm hoping I just had a bad bowl, I will be trying this again soon.

Set up: 23" Egyptian, medium phunnel w/ mod 2 3k QL(40mm), apple cider in the vase

Appearence: burnt orange color, very juicy

Smell: Hawaiian punch
Taste: very fruity
Smoke: thick clouds

Length: approx 2hr into it was going good but outlasted me sad.gif
Buzz: good buzz but I don't smoke cigs
Overall: 8.5/10 very enjoyable. All my friends that partaked liked it as well

I had smoked it with plain water in my QT as well and it was still a good smoke. This configuration was the most enjoyable though.

Hookahups Apple

Set up:Syrian 26"

Appearence
: orangish , slightly juicy, few stems

Smell:like apple

Taste: good apple taste.

Smoke: Good thick smoke. Started out a little thin but added another half of coal and it started picking up good.

Length: hour

Buzz: little buzz.

Overall: 7.5/10. Very good for an apple flavor. Taste and smokes very well.

Def one of the better apple flavor shisha I have smoked. I would consider it agian.

Hookah Ups Strawberry

Set up: KM Red Pear, KM Hose, 3 coconaras, small phunnel bowl, cold water in the vase.

Cut/Appearance: Medium with a few stems, very wet
Smell/Taste: Smelled like burnt strawberries, tasted the same. I could not get any good clouds from this tobacco. It was sizzling the whole time, I smoked just one set of coals. I Did not like the taste at all.
Compared to other strawberry flavors, this one was not very good at all.

Overall 5/10

Hookah Ups Cherry

Same set up as above.

Pretty much the same review. Not much of a Cherry taste, smelled and tasted burnt, need way to much coal to get this tobacco going.

Another 5/10 for this tobacco. I guess it is not for me.

apple

Setup: 40 inch brass egyptian. regular clay bowl. 3 cococha cocunut coals.

Appearance: light brown, medium amount of molasses. medium cut.

Smell: smells very sweet, not like anise at all.

Smoke: medium amount of smoke.

Flavor: sweet with a hint of anise on the exhale. the anise isn`t overpowering and it was perfect for the weather over here today (25 degrees celcius and lots of sun). it also combined very well with the mint tea that i was drinking.

Buzz: none, i have a high tolerance for nicotine.

Duration: 1 and a half hours. the flavor became very mild at the end.

Overall: 7.5/10 the flavor is quite enjoyable, but nothing spectacular. it`s nice to smoke once in a while.

how does it compare to other apple flavors: it had less of an anise taste to it than most apple flavors from other brands which was a nice change.

HookahUps Strawberry

Setup: 22" Egyptian, regular bowl, Easy-lite Jap Coals

Cut: This one is a small, rough cut, similar to Al Waha, VERY juicy, easy to pack.

Smell: Smells like strawberries, very accurately in fact. I couldnt ask much more in this regard. 9/10

Taste: Tastes like strawberry with a bit of tang to it. It really imitates actual strawberries as opposed to a candy like flavor. I liked it personally. The strength could have been a bit better, but overall, very tasty. 8.5/10

Smoke: This stuff wasnt as heat sensitive as most, but it wasnt extremely heat resistant. It took a little bit of tooling, but it's easy to get down. The clouds werent out there fantastic, but like I've said before, if you sacrifice good flavor for huge clouds, its a mistake. So tread lightly. 8/10

Longevity: I smoked this stuff for over an hour and a half. It could have gone much longer, possibly an hour more. 10/10

Overall: 8.9/10. Very good flavor, nice smell, decent smoke.

Hookahups Fruity Mint

Mya Bambino, kings coals, foil.

Nicely cut, few stems, juicy.

Nice thick smoke.

I wasn't too fond of this flavor, it smelled great but when I started smoking it, it didn't really taste too much like anything. I got some of the mint flavor and a little of the fruity but overall it was not a good mix.

Hookahups Lemon Mint

Set up: Stargate w/ a clay bowl, exotica coals (2 1/4 pieces ) regular water in base, razan hose. foil. and windcover

Packaging: a plastic sealed bag

Appearence: yellow, kind of chunky. a bigger cut of tobacco.

Smell: kind of like mr clean?

Taste: This flavor didnt' really taste like mint or lemon to me. I'm not really a big fan of lemon but it just wasn't on the money for me. It would have a faint taste at times, but it had a chemical taste to it for the most part.

Smoke: Pretty thin, it was kind of finiky with heat. If i put the wind cover on it would burn and become harsh, if i took it off the smoke would thin out.

Length: roughly 1 hour (all i let it go for before i went to bed)

Buzz: Small buzz, but could be due to trying to get more smoke, and caused a head rush.

Overall: 4/10 not a flavor I plan on returning to unless i'm out of shisha to smoke. I tired this flavor twice and both times It was super finiky with the heat. I either didnt' have enough heat, so the smoke was thin, or I had too much heat and scortched it.

Hookahups Cherry

Set up: Stargate w/ a clay bowl, exotica coals (2 1/4 pieces ) regular water in base, razan hose. foil. and windcover

Appearence: red, kind of chunky. a bigger cut of tobacco.

Smell: kind of like marichino (sp) cherries? or a candy?

Taste: This was pretty decent. I'm not a huge fan of the cherries i've tasted but this one is probably the best cherry i've tasted so far. It tasted very similar to marichino cherries , and at times had a hint of something else but it was enjoyable.

Smoke: Pretty thin, it was kind of finiky with heat. If i put the wind cover on it would burn and become harsh, if i took it off the smoke would thin out.

Length: roughly 1 hour 1/2 (all i let it go for before i went to bed)

Buzz: Small buzz, but could be due to trying to get more smoke, and caused a head rush.

Overall: 7./10. I think it needed to have a little more cherry flavor, and a have better heat control and it would have been better. The tobacco seems to require a lot of heat. I either didnt' have enough heat, so the smoke was thin, or I had too much heat and scortched it.

HookahUps Fruity Mint

Smell: kind of like jelly?

Taste: This was pretty good. I like the fruity mint mix. it could have a stronger taste but was enjoyable

Length: roughly 1 hour 1/2 (all i let it go for before i went to bed)

Overall: 7/10. I think it needed to have a little more umph to it's flavor,It was kind of weak and a have better heat control and it would have been better. The tobacco seems to require a lot of heat. I either didnt' have enough heat, so the smoke was thin, or I had too much heat and scortched it.

HookahUps Strawberry

Smell: kind of like a strawberry lollipop?

Taste: This was pretty darn good. This is probably one of the best strawberries that i've tasted so far.

Smoke: It was kind of finiky with heat, but this one seemed to handle heat a little better than the others i've tried so far.

Length: roughly 45 min (all i let it go for before i went to bed, i usally smoke after I get off work in the AM)

Buzz: Small buzz.

Overall: 8/10. It needs to have better heat control and it would have been better. The tobacco seems to require a lot of heat. I either didnt' have enough heat, so the smoke was thin, or I had too much heat and scortched it.

Edited by kornkitten42

Hookahups Mint

Set up: Large Egyptian, Mod bowl, Al Ajdad coals, foil

Appearance: Brown, Chunky, Some stems

Smell: MINTY lol

Taste: A very good mint, Im a huge fan of mint thats why I wanted to try thins sooo bad.

Smoke: Thin at first then as a while when the shisha heated up it smoked very well, I think theres to much glycerin in it thats why it took so long to start up.

Length: roughly 1 hour 1/2

Buzz: None but i dont really get a buzz anymore.

Overall: 7./10. If there was less glycerin in it id give it an 8 but overall im very impressed

Smell: kind of like Phaphros sex on the beach

Taste: Very much like sex on the beach but with more pineapple in it.

Smoke: Thin at first then as a while when the shisha heated up it smoked very well. Just like the mint.

Length: roughly 1 hour 45 min

Overall: 8/10. Once again to much glycerin in it but it was very good.

Hookahups Fruity Mint

Smell: Like a fruit roll up with a little mint in it.

Taste: EXACTLY like a fruit roll up with a hint of mint. VERY good!

Smoke: Thin at first then as a while when the shisha heated up it smoked very well, I think theres to much glycerin in it thats why it took so long to start up.

Length: roughly 1 hour 20 min

Overall: 9/10. Same problem with the glycerin as the rest but it was VERY good!!! Edited by cotsi95

Hookahups Cherry

Setup: 24 inch egyptian with 1 40mm QL coal, foil

Smell: Sweet, not overly sweet and artificial like nakhla cherry though

Cut: Good cut, not many stems, id reckon a medium cut

Taste: Very nice, the best cherry i've had, not dishsoap like at all

Smoke: Decent clouds and plenty of them

Duration: About 1 hour, i smoked till the coal went out and there was still some unburnt left

Overall: I would give this 8/10 purely due to the fact that the smoke was nothing special, a bit thin for my liking but it could have been my setup.

Hookahups Strawberry

Setup: as above

Smell: Very sweet, artificial strawberry smell

Cut: very VERY wet, the wettest from all the samples and nicely cut

Taste: I couldnt get the bloody thing to smoke right! Either no smoke and a very weak flavor or if i put a windcover on, it tastes burnt. After about 3 attempts with this (which all resulted to switching bowls) I've just about given up.. I might try it again though, i had a brief period that was flavorful and the flavour was very nice, kind of like a citrus-y strawberry candy.

Smoke: Without windcover, barely any smoke and faint flavor. With windcover, thick smoke but shitty, burnt taste.

Duration: Never smoked it for more than 20 mins

Overall: 3/10 because i cant get it to smoke right but it looks promising

Apple

Setup: KM Trimetal
Hose: Cobra hose
Screen/Foil: Screen
Liquid In base: Tap Water

Cut: medium cut, not many stem, wet but not too wet.

Smell: Smell like apple

Taste: Pretty good, it was quite sweet. I enjoyed it.

Smoke Thickness: Nice thick smoke.

Buzz: Nope

Duration: Went for an hour or so then I called it quits. Still had life in it i'm sure.

I give this one 9/10 one my my favorite apple.