Hookah Shops In Montreal?

• 2 weeks later...
I really like a shop called L'Original International on mount royal, it's on the corner of deBullion (between St Laurent and St Denis). It's the really big store, not the littler one on the other side of the street (the other guy's a dweeb).
Hope that helps.
M

Hey everbody -

I was wondering if anyone knew of any hookah shops in Montreal where I coujld buy an awesome hookah and the locations if possible??
[/quote]

QUOTE (malik @ Apr 7 2008, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I really like a shop called L'Original International on mount royal, it's on the corner of deBullion (between St Laurent and St Denis). It's the really big store, not the littler one on the other side of the street (the other guy's a dweeb).
Hope that helps.
M

Hey everbody -

I was wondering if anyone knew of any hookah shops in Montreal where I coujld buy an awesome hookah and the locations if possible??

I'm sorry but that store sucks. In my humble opinion, of course.
The only shop worth visiting for hookah supplies is the one on Parc, close to the intersection of Sherbrooke. You go up, keep to the left. They have decent bowls sometimes, natural coals (one of the two places I found to carry those), and if you're in dire need of a hose you can pick up a MYA one for a fair price.

Forgot to mention the obvious: bring cash if you want to save yourself 14.5% tax and sharpen your haggling skills wink.gif If you're paying more than 3/4 of what the tag says, it's a ripoff.
For tobacco, I'd say the shop on St. Denis, the one after the International Hookah Bar. Nakhla for the canadian market price (20/250g) and AF that will cost you an arm and a leg (35/250g). Anything else in there looks good if you don't plan on using it to smoke wink.gif Also sell OK vases if you're in an emergency.
As for actually buying a hookah the place on Parc has some sturdy-looking Syrians, but they cost around a hundred, so I would say just order online and get a KM for the same price.
If you're bent on getting it locally, I'd check out the small middle-eastern shops in St. Leonard area, sometimes they have decent pipes and the prices are usually better than the 'designated hookah shops'. Edited by erufiku

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...