"giant Party Bowl"

I smoke around 7 times a day.Work at home of my p.c. I have (2) 50-60 gram "Giant Party Bowls" which i mainly smoke from. I have great coals which last 70 minutes if not more and often quit or even after the coals are finished there is still lots of shisha in the bowl for the next smoke. I don't like the small bowls having used them for years.Its a ceramic bowl and the kneck is very high.Great for mixing flavours too.

What a big waste.

I have seen heads that pack over 100grams, but what the hell for? [Unless its a Phunnel of course]

off topic, but Yesterday my Medium Phunnel got chipped off, and I did not have time to Fix it, so I made a custom Phunnel-Like bowl out of a regular head...it came out so nice and lasted a good 1 hour 30 mins.

i agree. Those are crap. Plus having the shisha sit over night makes it dry and the juices run out. If you like packing a lot and smoking for a long time def get he phunnel bowl!! Just learn to re-pack

Hold on girls....

I realise that there is an enormous disproportion of Funnel fanboys around these parts tongue.gif ... BUT...

I've given up smoking my funnel bow, The bastard [and it's a medium] is just too big and i'd need a freaking bin to use as a wind cover.

As a result of this i've taken to smoking a couple of my traditional bowls, One is a bit smaller and a tad deeper than the one shishabaum posted above. And I get just as long, and just as flavourful sessions out of it.

Also my funnel bowl appears to be porous (and i know i'm not the only one who has noticed this, possible I'm the only one with the balls to put my head above the parapet) and leaks juice anyways - all of the 3 funnel bowls i've had have done this to some extent..

So yes, funnel bowls FTMIW*

But you can do just as well with a regular bowl.

JD

For The Mildy Improved Win Edited by Johnny_D

QUOTE (bryankphotography @ Mar 23 2008, 07:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so, if I may ask, what is your personal favorite bowl

This one :-

And This one :-

The bottom picture shows a slightly different bowl.. mine is a about 1/2 as deep again as this one.

Both give me a good cloudy 2hr sessions out of each.

Sorry for the 'stock' photos but i've not taken any pics of these and i can't be arsed to get out my camera and walk to the kitchen. It's still early tongue.gif

JD

Just got a reg. clay bowl, with my new Khalil (amazing!!!) and tonight I smoked 2 bowls out of it. The first starbuzz the second some tangiers clove, and both were amazing. I forgot how well the traditional bowl can smoke, just need to know how to pack it. Both bowls gave great 1 1/2 sessions that could have lasted longer.
+1 for the traditional Edited by Jeff_T

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Mar 23 2008, 02:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (bryankphotography @ Mar 23 2008, 07:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so, if I may ask, what is your personal favorite bowl

This one :-

And This one :-

JD where did you get these bowls from? They have a very unique shap and I would like to give them a try!

From a uk company i'm afraid sad.gif And they have quite a good range of bowls as it goes. The top one [Lighter colour] is slightly lipped so the foil gets really tight over the bowl and it's marketed as a 'burn free' bowl as it were.

The bigger one packs quite a bit of tobacco, probably a good 20/25g's can get in there without a problem. Either way I expect both bowls to go through two sets of coals and last a couple of hours.

JD

Nothing against Traditional bowls. I personally have over 15 of them [All shapes, sizes and designs].

Since there are always more than 2 people smoking an Argeeleh [in my case], the Phunnel is way more convenient

Traditional bowls FTW when smoking alone.