yesterday I got 4 wisdom teeth removed and 3 screws drilled into my jaw...and the doctor said no smoking or drinking for 3 weeks...and a month to be safe...
now I could deal with that I guess if my best friend wasnt visiting this weekend...who happens to love hookah...and wanted to try my KM...
and I look like a fucking fish...
wallbash.gif

I remember when I had all of my wisdom teeth removed at once too. I went out and bought a new hookah as a get well gift to myself. I tried smoking 2 weeks after the procedure and it wasn't worth it. Definitely wait until you are 100% before smoking hookah again. Get well soon.

I had all 4 wisdom teeth out with a plate taken from my jaw from a prior accident, whole ordeal with both surgeries had me not smoking for roughly 10 weeks.

At least you got your Vicodin/oxycodin right?!

-QM Edited by QuiltedMaple

Eh, I got my wisdom teeth taken out in mid-december... the morning afterwards I was eating gyros, and four days later I was back smoking cigars like no other. No medication involved. Maybe I just got lucky, but if I were you I would't make a big fuss about it... you'll know when it's ok to smoke again, you'll just feel it.

QUOTE (chromecarz00 @ Mar 18 2008, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yesterday I got 4 wisdom teeth removed and 3 screws drilled into my jaw...and the doctor said no smoking or drinking for 3 weeks...and a month to be safe...
now I could deal with that I guess if my best friend wasnt visiting this weekend...who happens to love hookah...and wanted to try my KM...
wallbash.gif

no smoking cause when you do you cause suction to happen on your mouth, same goes with straws.. now if you can figure out a way of smoking without sucking then have at it

the drinking is cause of the alcohol drying out your mouth

When I had my wisdom teeth pulled, one of the roots broke off and went into my sinus cavity. I had to wait to heal and they went in again to get out the root. Try not sneezing for 2 months!!!! They gave me stuff so it would help reduce sneezing from allergies and if I did sneeze I had to have my mouth open, and if there was a lot of pain afterwards I would have to go to the ER. That was a great time.

I got all four of my wisdom teeth out yesterday (Monday) and am not supposed to smoke for a week... but I will probably some Thursday or Friday night. I think things will be healed up pretty well and I wont draw too hard. For now I got some sweet pain killers, but I am trying to save them.
I think I kinda lucked out with the whole thing, it hasnt been very bad at all, theres some swelling but nothing to bad. Edited by peeonatree8

When did you guys get your wisdom teeth? I have none and I'm 21... Doc said something about me being in the lucky few percent that won't have the problem, but I heard they grow late? WTF I'm confused

QUOTE (Sethram @ Mar 18 2008, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I understand the pain to a lesser extent. Got the tongue pierced this weekend and I'm halfway through a week of no smoking or drinking sad.gif I broke the second already :/

i got mine done 3 years ago its more beer that you cant drink cuz of the yeast. only clear liquor.

i had all four of mine pulled two years or so ago and it sucked the median that they gave me to take away the pain made me really sick.

hmm they told me that when i got mine done in highschool. i was told the no smoking because the pulling would cause pocketing. so my way around it was having people shotgun me. didnt seem to cause any problem.

Man that sucks, good luck tongue.gif . Believe it or not, I somehow actually had 6 wisdom teeth...had them all removed at the same time too. Edited by JRsSTi

I got mine removed February of last year, I remember it well because 1 month later I got my truck. I wasnt smoking at all back then. I started in May of 07. Dont smoke till you're 100%, you're a mortal just like the rest of us. If doc says no smoke or drink for a month, listen.

I had one pulled before I quit smoking ciggs and they told me to wait one week. Absolutley no sucking or anything with alcohol because you can get "dry socket". In other words, no blood clot covering the wound which could lead to infection and alot of pain. At least 4 weeks to heal if you get dry socket. I never got it but I was smoking by the same day just pulling really, REALLY softly.

bummer dude.. hope you have a speedy recovery

QUOTE (thecoalition @ Mar 18 2008, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hmm they told me that when i got mine done in highschool. i was told the no smoking because the pulling would cause pocketing. so my way around it was having people shotgun me. didnt seem to cause any problem.

+1 on the shotgunning, thats what I was gonna recommend.
At the time when I had mine out, I was more of an avid cig smoker and a once in a while person on the hookah. They told me no smoking was because it needed to bloodclot and that the suction would pull the bloodclots out.

OMFG when I got my wisdom teeth done..That has had to be the most painful experience I have EVER gone through in my life!

I had 4-5 shots of numbing needles...COuldn't feel it but knew it was there! Everytime I remember the feeling/sounds of the metal scarping against my wisdom teeth... *shudders* gahh thank god I got rid of 'em all at once...I don't think I'd ever wanna go through that shit ever again. Sucked for me cuz they don't use sleeping gas, only numbing needles

After that, geez that sucked so bad! My mouth hurt for a week.

BTW DONT smoke right afterwards! You can get dry socket (which I've heard hurts like a bitch!) and you can also get your wounds infected..sounds like fun.. tongue.gif

ya, they put me under. I loled though, I was only under for like 15mins and it was done. But ya, def some wild dreams then and when I got home. Damn, that 15mins felt like 8hrs

QUOTE (chromecarz00 @ Mar 18 2008, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wallbash.gif

3 weeks? Why would alcohol cause problems with the teeth?