Shisha In The Bahamas

Hey,
I am going to be traveling down to the Bahamas in about six weeks and was wondering if anyone on here knows anything about the hookah scene down there. I am sure that something exists there and (i am really crossing my fingers on this) that someone knows where to go there to get some sweet local shisha.
A second part to this post, (and something that I realize I could probably find on my own if I was not lazy), anyone know of the difficulties with customs. I will be flying privately so airlines are not the concern, mainly just coming back into the US that worries me as far as the tobacco being taxed or something (I don't really want to get fined or arrested).

Anyway, anyone know if there are local sources of shisha down there and where to look. (I will mostly be in the Marsh Harbor and Hope Town area)

thanks guys

yeah, I plan to take a hookah and my own shisha down there, since the bahamian customs is a joke and smoke on the beach down there. I figure even if I somehow cant come back in to the country with my own hookah it will still be worth it. I just really want to find some guy that makes his own stuff down there and buy a kilo from him for when I come home, it would be cool eh?

I like the idea of shipping it from the Bahamas to my home in the USA, the only difficulty might be finding a place to ship out of for less than $75 USD.

Anyway, if anyone has info on the idea or whatever I would be greatful. Either way I will be sure to brag about it when its all done.

• 2 weeks later...
i stayed in the cove at atlantis and got one of the room service guys to stay and smoke because he had NEVER seen a hookah before and i ended up getting a $250 meal with champagne for free. i took 3 cans of starbuzz with me and came back with 2 and we fly with marquis jet through my family's company and we didnt have any problems with customs since we landed at million air in miami and then flew here to san bernardino. so take all you want share it and who knows maybe you will start a new trend in the bahamas and make sure if you go to nassau you at least go to atlantis even if your not staying you have to see it and also go diving with stuart coves

i can't help but think most of the hookah scene down in the bahamas would be of questionable legallity in the states if you understand my meaning.

maybe not though, but those are just my thoughts

QUOTE (Bushbr @ Mar 30 2008, 08:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i can't help but think most of the hookah scene down in the bahamas would be of questionable legallity in the states if you understand my meaning.

maybe not though, but those are just my thoughts

heyyy enough with the stereotypes the majority of the people in the bahamas aren't into such activities and the majority consensus is they dont condone it either just like us law abiding hookah fans

• 1 month later...
well an update, I just got back from a great great time. No problems going in to the Bahamas, the customs guys their are very lax, they just want to find drugs. Had a great time. Didn't get into Nassau or Atlantis but stayed on a small island and got to spend some time smoking out on the dock while the sun went down. Coming home the customs guy opened the bag it was in a questioned it slightly but the officer working next to him told him they were perfectly ok and used for tobacco yada yada ya. Hopefully my travels will allow me to get there again on someone elses buck. I love my job.