Techno

Canon

QUOTE (chinamon @ Mar 18 2008, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (St. Goodypants @ Mar 18 2008, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Infected Mushroom

we have them here on thursday night (amongst many other djs.. big event)
not a fan of I.M. though.. ive seen them quite a few times and their sets always sound the same.
mstrkrft is playing as well (woot!)
so is exacta
and sander van doorn
and others...

ugg. i hate you.

sander van doorn and I.M. arg....i want to see them both

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Scoop @ Mar 18 2008, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Infected Mushroom

not a fan of I.M. though.. ive seen them quite a few times and their sets always sound the same.
so is exacta
and sander van doorn
and others...

ugg. i hate you.

heh. i dont like trance but its my second time seeing SVD and i think fourth time seeing IM.
the weekend that im really looking forward to is aprill 11th (sasha & digweed) and 12th (steve angello & sebastian ingrosso).

Check out Ayla, Tiesto, DJ Mystik [has some good songs], Paul Van Dyk, Armin Van Buuren..many more are great.

For Tiesto, check out his album named Nyana [CD 2 is better than CD 1 in my opinion] and Summerbreeze [amazing albums]

Ps These are Trance artist rather than Techno.

QUOTE (chinamon @ Mar 18 2008, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Scoop @ Mar 18 2008, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Infected Mushroom

so is exacta
and sander van doorn
and others...

ugg. i hate you.

heh. i dont like trance but its my second time seeing SVD and i think fourth time seeing IM.
the weekend that im really looking forward to is aprill 11th (sasha & digweed) and 12th (steve angello & sebastian ingrosso).

hey... hey... hey... maaaaaaannnn... ya... ya.... ya.... ya gotta beeeeeee.... maaaaaaaannnn.... ya gotta beeeeee....

doooo... maaannn... do more ya.... DRUGS MAAAANNNNN..... THEEEENNNN you'll... you'll... underSTAND... man.... you'll UNDERSTAND trance man....

But seriously, I got started into trance techno on Infected mushroom. I originally liked them from "the gathering" because they used really heavy bass beats with an occasional ripping guitar. You've gotta get past the fact that they use the same bass beat in their songs, 
and listen to everything else 
that's going on. That's where the variety is in I.M.

Also, I do music visualization presets and I play around with VJing. Infected mushroom is AMAZING for visualizations.

I've gotta say that I really like shpongle and hallucinogen more than IM anymore though. Oh, and SVD is pretty damn awesome. I really like the way he seperates beats sometimes then brings them back together.

I found another dj... electro sun. Anyone heard of him? Not always the most hard hitting techno, but it's good. Edited by St. Goodypants

QUOTE (St. Goodypants @ Mar 20 2008, 06:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey... hey... hey... maaaaaaannnn... ya... ya.... ya.... ya gotta beeeeeee.... maaaaaaaannnn.... ya gotta beeeeee....

doooo... maaannn... do more ya.... DRUGS MAAAANNNNN..... THEEEENNNN you'll... you'll... underSTAND... man.... you'll UNDERSTAND trance man....

But seriously, I got started into trance techno on Infected mushroom. I originally liked them from "the gathering" because they used really heavy bass beats with an occasional ripping guitar. You've gotta get past the fact that they use the same bass beat in their songs,
and listen to everything else
that's going on. That's where the variety is in I.M.

Also, I do music visualization presets and I play around with VJing. Infected mushroom is AMAZING for visualizations.

I've gotta say that I really like shpongle and hallucinogen more than IM anymore though. Oh, and SVD is pretty damn awesome. I really like the way he seperates beats sometimes then brings them back together.

hahha
well, i started getting in to EDM (electronic dance music) back in grade 8 when i started listening to euro and freestyle. that continued until my second year of grade 12 (lol) when i was introduced to trance by a raver friend in 1996. in 2001 i went to a friend's birthday at the guvernment nightclub (where i am currently employed on saturdays and special events) and thats when i got my first experience with progressive and i kicked trance to the curb. eventually i started branching out to various subgenres of house and ive never looked back since. im a total househead. i enjoy watching infected mushroom on the stage doing their live p.a. but i dont like the music they play. i manage to enjoy myself because i feed of the crowd's energy.

all i know is tomorrow night is gonna be pretty insane (like all big events at the guv). SVD is playing from 4:30am until close so that should be good.

GUVERNMENT
----------
Nasty Nav 10pm-11:30pm
Team Canada 11:30pm-1am
Dj AM 1am-2:30am
MSTRKRFT 2:30am-4am
Boys Noize 4am-Close

KOOLHAUS
--------
Mark S1 10pm-11pm
Mark Oliver 11pm-12:30am
Blank & Jones 12:30am-2:30am
Infected Mushroom 2:30am-4:30am
Sander Van Doorn 4:30am-Close

THE DRINK
---------
Joee Cons 10pm-11:30pm
Vinyl Junkies 11:30pm-12:30am
Manzone & Strong 12:30am-1:30am
Exacta 1:30am-3am
The Roaches 3am-4am
Greg Gow 4am-5am
Deko-ze 5am-Close

ORANGE ROOM
-----------
Paulo Cardoso 10pm-12am
Evan G 12am-1:30am
Jelo 1:30am-3am
Baby Joel 3am-4am
Sydney Blu 4am-5am
Tim Patrick 5am-Close

based on these time slots it looks like i will be having a looooong night. i probably wont get to put my camera away until after 5am. the crappy thing is everyone is gonna be so fucked up by that time they will be bumping in to my camera. thats the only thing im not looking forward to. sad.gif

edit: i have no idea why i just told you all this. lol. Edited by chinamon

That looks like a long fun night !!!

Unfortunately we don't get much EDM around here. I really enjoy Breakbeats, progressive trance and progressive house.
I love spinning breaks. I really wanted to go to the UMF( Ultra Music Festival) this year in Miami but had other things come up.

QUOTE (waterboi @ Mar 20 2008, 07:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunately we don't get much EDM around here. I really enjoy Breakbeats, progressive trance and progressive house.
I love spinning breaks. I really wanted to go to the UMF( Ultra Music Festival) this year in Miami but had other things come up.

ive always wanted to check out WMC.. especially ultrafest... but money prevents me from going. someone i know headlining at ultrafest this year too. im proud of him.

breaks are good but i cant handle listening to it for too long. i enjoy progressive breaks. a nice breakbeat track fit in the middle of a progressive set goes really well.

QUOTE (chinamon @ Mar 20 2008, 02:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (waterboi @ Mar 20 2008, 07:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ive always wanted to check out WMC.. especially ultrafest... but money prevents me from going. someone i know headlining at ultrafest this year too. im proud of him.

breaks are good but i cant handle listening to it for too long. i enjoy progressive breaks. a nice breakbeat track fit in the middle of a progressive set goes really well.

yes sir! agreed!

Who is the one you know headlining?

We were going to go with DJ Trashy there. He is a good friend of my buddy.

QUOTE (waterboi @ Mar 20 2008, 07:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you like John Askew? He has been to Guvernment

i dont recall if ive seen him but the name sounds familiar. i think hes played in toronto before.

edit: err duh. you just told me that hes played guv before. lol. sorry, i cant read right now. i should probably go to bed. if hes played guv then ive most likely seen him play but i probably didnt pay much attention. Edited by chinamon

Well I'm mostly into Hardstyle/Jumpstyle/Hardcore, all of which would not be appropriate for a hookah lounge.

A hookah lounge would most likely benefit from Trance and shiet. Although I think he's overatted, try some Tiesto, Paul van Dyke, and other mainstream shiet.

Above & Beyond - Trance Around the World @ Episode 208

Tracklist
101. Stoneface & Terminal - Pictures (Club Mix)
102. Future Motion - Emerald
103. ID - ID
104. Paul Keeley - A Sort Of Homecoming (Michael Cassette Remix) [Record of the Week]
105. Armin Van Buuren - Going Wrong
106. Sander Van Doorn - Pura Vida
107. Simon Patterson - Smack
108. Nish - Blue Sunshine (Sean Tyas Remix)
109. Prospect - Electra (Nitrous Oxide Remix)
110. Midway - Monkey Forest (Danilo Ercole Remix)
111. Embrace - Embrace (Ferry Fix Mix)
112. OceanLab - Sirens Of The Sea (Club Mix) [Web Vote Winner]
113. Maarten Hercules - Red Sun Landing (Progressive Mix)
114. Eric Prydz - Pjanoo
115. Electrobios & Interplay - ID (Jaytech Remix)
116. Alexei Belouzarov (?) - Untitled
Guest Mix: Duderstadt
117. Sydney Blu - Give It Up For Me (Original Mix)
118. Armin Van Buuren feat Susana - If You Should Go (Inpetto Remix)
119. ID - ID
120. Pryda - F12
121. DJ Shog - Feel Me (Duderstadt Progressive Remix)
122. First State feat Elliot Johns - Your Own Way (First State's Pounding Club Mix)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FGO4BJL8