I Think I Have Throat Cancer

well perhaps its not throat cancer but for the past week of smoking...everything hurt my throat. i took 5 days off of smoking. no cigs hookah or anything. i came back from my vacation and sparked some tangy orange soda. the shisha was good for everyone but me. it hurt.
perhaps since i was smoking with non-experienced people they didnt know. i think i need to thoroughly clean out my hoses and hookahs and try again in a few days. perhaps some more rest will let my body heal itself.

QUOTE (thecoalition @ Mar 14 2008, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well perhaps its not throat cancer but for the past week of smoking...everything hurt my throat. i took 5 days off of smoking. no cigs hookah or anything. i came back from my vacation and sparked some tangy orange soda. the shisha was good for everyone but me. it hurt.
perhaps since i was smoking with non-experienced people they didnt know. i think i need to thoroughly clean out my hoses and hookahs and try again in a few days. perhaps some more rest will let my body heal itself.

you may have what i have had for about a week now, Sinus / throat infection, only way to clear it out is antibiotics through prescription, but don' take my word for it, I don't want to be held responsible lol mellow.gif

QUOTE (thecoalition @ Mar 15 2008, 12:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i have smokers cough from smoking hookah. currently trying different ways of doing things so the smoke is smoother and better. otherwise if it persists ill either have to quit or cut down.

its not the harsh kind of cough, i think its cause of my allergies. i should start taking my meds, maybe i wont cough anymore. whenever i smoke i create more mucus and thats what i cough up.

QUOTE (Snoopy1966 @ Mar 14 2008, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with Voski. Go see a Doc just to make sure you are OK ASAP and if you have an infection the sooner you get on antibiotics the better. I hope all is well with you and feeling better very soon.

+1 yea man you might wanna see a doc if it continues or gets worse. But get well man cuz being sick sucks.

One of my employees has a viral throat infection. Good thing we use a vacuum cleaner to start hookahs and everyone gets a mouth piece.

Give your bod a real rest man. If your throat is irritated it going to take a while for it to heal, just don't smoke for a while..easy to say, hard to do.

Good luck.

yea i had a similar problem my throat is hurting like im sick or something. Wierd thing is it happened after i played some bball during the first game my mouth was burning and my lungs next morning bam felt like crap. Im smoking right now and it was a little bad at first but after some nice juice my throat is perfectly normal while smoking in between its only slightly tingly. Probably shouldnt be smoking but figured im not gonna smoke again for about a week and i just got my phunnel with mod so what the hell. Edited by cargo

+1 on seeing the doctor! As the old saying goes, "a stitch in time saves nine". Better the hassle of seeing a doctor and getting antibiotics, than the hassle of organising throat surgery and for the rest of your life talking out of a voicebox!!

totally +1 with goin to see a doc.

my throat is killing me rite now, but im hung over so ya... i just quit cigs pipe and cigars... only toxic substance thats going into my body now is booze and shisha.. and unfortunatly some of my friends 2nd hand nht

I'd have it checked right away. Throat cancer symptoms can be easily confused with common ailments such as sore throat due to cold, etc. Read the following (taken from cancercenter.com):

Symptoms
Common throat cancer symptoms include a lump or sore that does not heal, a sore throat or cough that does not go away, pain or difficulty swallowing, and a change in the voice, such as a new hoarseness in the voice.

Throat Cancer Symptoms: Other Symptoms
If you have symptoms that seem like throat cancer symptoms, they may be the result of other, unrelated and less serious health conditions. It is important to keep your doctor informed about any throat cancer symptoms you are experiencing.

Throat cancer symptoms, and head and neck cancer symptoms, may also include:

• Trouble breathing
  • Difficulty speaking
  • Pain in the ears and frequent headaches
  • Blocked sinuses that will not clear
  • Bleeding through the nose
  • Pain in the upper teeth
  • Headaches
  • Swelling in the eyes
  • Chronic sinus infections that do not go away when treated with antibiotics
There is more to learn about throat cancer symptoms. If you have any of these throat cancer symptoms, it is important that you see your doctor.

Possible Throat Cancer Symptoms
Possible throat cancer symptoms, and head and neck cancer symptoms, may include:

• Numbness or paralysis of facial muscles
  • Facial pain that does not go away
  • Neck pain that does not go away
There is more to learn about throat cancer symptoms. If you have any of these throat cancer symptoms, it is important that you see your doctor.

QUOTE (Steemax @ Mar 14 2008, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (thecoalition @ Mar 14 2008, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you may have what i have had for about a week now, Sinus / throat infection, only way to clear it out is antibiotics through prescription, but don' take my word for it, I don't want to be held responsible lol mellow.gif

I had the same thing for over a month, I was prescribed two sets of antibiotics and it only got a little better so I went back and they made me see a ENT. They said to drink a lot of fluids and not to smoke....So take it easy and hold off on smoking for a while

It's definitely something worth getting checked out just so you know it's not throat cancer. I'll get it every once in a while for a few days because I'll go on smoking binges where I'll go through a pack of Marb Reds a day during stressful life moments.

+1 to the doc!

I had to see mine when I had this. Ended up on antibiotics and rest. Took some time off the hookah and I'm feeling better and back to smoking on occasion. It seems as if this infection is going around because everyone at my work has had it. It's rough, but the antibiotics help A LOT!

Good luck man, hope you get to feeling better.