So I Got A Paper Towel Stuck In My Stem ....

<idiot>I feel like an idiot, I was drying it after a sesh last night and i wrapped a paper towel around my scrubber and taped both ends which I always do, but I guess I put too much on this time, and I legit got a paper towel stuck in the stem. I've been smashin away at the paper towel tryin to push it out one side, and have had absolutely no luck what so ever.

Any advice? Anyone know of a solution that could break down the paper towel and not hurt the brass?

Thanks guys </idiot>

hanger, straiten it out push it through then when its through bend the end into a u shape and pull the paper towl back through.... ive been where you are, but with a cotten ball

QUOTE (mattarios2 @ Mar 13 2008, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Canon @ Mar 13 2008, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hanger, straiten it out push it through then when its through bend the end into a u shape and pull the paper towl back through.... ive been where you are, but with a cotten ball

I'll go try the hanger now,

Thanks Canon

Dude it's really jammed in there, I can't get it out. I smack at the thing with a coat hanger and it will not budge.

sleep.gif dry.gif

can you poke through with the hanger?

id put water in it and let it soak for a bit then poke through with the hanger later.

just making sure you poke through then make the u shape, otherwise it wont work.. pulling it out is alot easier then pushing it out.

QUOTE (Canon @ Mar 13 2008, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
can you poke through with the hanger?

id put water in it and let it soak for a bit then poke through with the hanger later.

just making sure you poke through then make the u shape, otherwise it wont work.. pulling it out is alot easier then pushing it out.

Well it's been soaking over night. So your saying poke it to loosen it then make a U shape and pull it out. Well since it has been soaking all night and I am having no luck, is there any solution I can use to make it break down you think?

im saying poke through with the hangar and when its all the way through on the other side of the stem, you make the u shape and pull it out.

put some coke in ur stem then, its acidic enough it should do something

QUOTE (Canon @ Mar 13 2008, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im saying poke through with the hangar and when its all the way through on the other side of the stem, you make the u shape and pull it out.

put some coke in ur stem then, its acidic enough it should do something

Alright, I'll see what I can do.

Disaster avoided... now I think you should probably get a nice cleaning kit.

Had the same problem yesterday... What I did was to take a coat hanger and take the paper towel out piece by piece. Took about 15 minutes and some sweat, but I couldn't stand the thought of leaving my (new) KM stem submerged in water overnight.
On another note, my first day without smoking for a long time. Six more to go.

Haha, ES prefers radical solutions...

About the cleaning brushes, I have them except for the one in the middle. How do they help for drying?

Well I had a really shitty day and the paper towel stuck in the stem situation was pretty much the cherry on top of the cake. I wouldn't want to burn the whole building down (from what it seemed like that day, perfectly possible scenario).

QUOTE (erufiku @ Mar 14 2008, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

About the cleaning brushes, I have them except for the one in the middle. How do they help for drying?

Drying?

That Middle Brush is used to clean smaller areas, like the Purging Valve, hose port, and other small parts of that sort.

QUOTE (Codename067 @ Mar 14 2008, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Drying?

That Middle Brush is used to clean smaller areas, like the Purging Valve, hose port, and other small parts of that sort.

i need me one of those middle brushes...

QUOTE (Codename067 @ Mar 14 2008, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Drying?

You do realize that this post is about problems with actually getting the stem dry from the inside after cleaning?

I didn't get one of those nifty hose-port brushes with my KM :/