Buying Tobbaco In Toronto

Hey, I'm new to this site, and I can't find any places on the web as to where I can buy my tobacco.

I need to buy tobaco for my hookah, preferably Starbuzz or any other 'good' brand. Anyways, would anyone know any places in Toronto / North York, Canada where I can purchase tobacco for my hookah? and please no online stores smile.gif

- Thanks, any responses would be greatly appreciated.

where you located? Theres no where to really buy i live in vaughan and we can probibly work something out. As for actually buying, go online and pray it dosnt get caught.

EDIT: since this is you first post. welcome to the forum. tons of great people here with great information. Edited by Molson

unfortunately if you plan on purchasing tobacco locally you will only find Nakhla.
i asked a few stores why they dont carry other brands and they said "everyone wants nakhla".
then i asked if they've tried al fakher and their response was "we tried selling al fakher a while back and we lost money."
if you wish to purchase any brand other than nakhla then i suggest purchasing online. i get all my tobacco from www.mnhookah.com

Welcome,

I was just in Toronto this past winter and I was having a similiar problem finding decent tobacco. After searching everywhere and only finding $22 50g boxes of Nakhla, I ended up ordering from MNHookah. It took about 7 days to get to me, and the way Tariq packed it all, there was no way to tell/smell what was inside. Definitely check out MNHookah if you're looking to have some stuff shipped out to Toronto.

QUOTE (Molson @ Mar 4 2008, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
where you located? Theres no where to really buy i live in vaughan and we can probibly work something out. As for actually buying, go online and pray it dosnt get caught.

EDIT: since this is you first post. welcome to the forum. tons of great people here with great information.

I live near Yonge and Finch.

QUOTE (AtomicDonut @ Mar 5 2008, 02:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

go up to yonge & steeles. its a pretty known area for persian stores.
there is a persian grocer on yonge (north of steeles). i cant remember the name but i know there is a Lobster Royale and a Friendly Greek in the plaza. when you walk in to that grocer there is shisha stuff right on your right hand side. they do carry 50g nakhla and el basha. i dont recall seeing other brands there.

QUOTE (chinamon @ Mar 4 2008, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (AtomicDonut @ Mar 5 2008, 02:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

go up to yonge & steeles. its a pretty known area for persian stores.
there is a persian grocer on yonge (north of steeles). i cant remember the name but i know there is a Lobster Royale and a Friendly Greek in the plaza. when you walk in to that grocer there is shisha stuff right on your right hand side. they do carry 50g nakhla and el basha. i dont recall seeing other brands there.

We got al sultan or something like that in that general area, i wasnt too impressed sad.gif <-- Im new to hookah smile.gif

QUOTE (AtomicDonut @ Mar 5 2008, 02:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We got al sultan or something like that in that general area, i wasnt too impressed sad.gif <-- Im new to hookah smile.gif

i would definitely rather smoke nakhla.
im asking my friend the name of that persian grocery store right now. shes the one that brought me there to buy persian food from their hot table.

QUOTE (chinamon @ Mar 4 2008, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

im asking my friend the name of that persian grocery store right now. shes the one that brought me there to buy persian food from their hot table.

Alright. Thanks.

QUOTE (AtomicDonut @ Mar 4 2008, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (chinamon @ Mar 4 2008, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Alright. Thanks.

Also, try asking them for a "bigger size". Don't know about TO but in Montreal they have 250g of Nakhla for around $20/box; the more you buy the cheaper it gets. Everything under the table of course. Just pay cash and don't ask for the receipt and you should be golden smile.gif Also it helps if you are alone in the shop I noticed. Good luck.

QUOTE (erufiku @ Mar 5 2008, 02:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, try asking them for a "bigger size". Don't know about TO but in Montreal they have 250g of Nakhla for around $20/box; the more you buy the cheaper it gets. Everything under the table of course. Just pay cash and don't ask for the receipt and you should be golden smile.gif Also it helps if you are alone in the shop I noticed. Good luck.

not every store carries the 250g.
$20 for 250g is considered "under the table" price and you can usually only get that price if the store owner knows you.
normally, a 250g box sells for $30-40 i believe.

i recently found a guy that could supply me with nakhla at a good price. im just debating whether or not i should invest money in to buying a stock pile to sell. i dont know many hookah smokers so selling might be an issue. if i was to pursue this i would sell each 50g box for $6 or 5x50g (for a total of 250g) for $25.

QUOTE (chinamon @ Mar 4 2008, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i recently found a guy that could supply me with nakhla at a good price. im just debating whether or not i should invest money in to buying a stock pile to sell. i dont know many hookah smokers so selling might be an issue. if i was to pursue this i would sell each 50g box for $6 or 5x50g (for a total of 250g) for $25.

Alright man, thanks for the info, is Nakhla any good? I've never had it

QUOTE (chinamon @ Mar 4 2008, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (AtomicDonut @ Mar 5 2008, 03:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

its probably the oldest flavoured tobacco brand on the planet. i think their flavours are good but i just dont really enjoy the nicotine buzz.

what flavours would you recommend?

QUOTE (AtomicDonut @ Mar 5 2008, 04:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (chinamon @ Mar 4 2008, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (AtomicDonut @ Mar 5 2008, 03:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

its probably the oldest flavoured tobacco brand on the planet. i think their flavours are good but i just dont really enjoy the nicotine buzz.

what flavours would you recommend?

the flavour that made them famous is double apple, however, i am not a fan because i dont like the anise taste.
i do enjoy their sweet melon (cantaloupe) and heard their peach is quite amazing.
check the review thread for nakhla on this forum. there is about 6 pages of reviews for you to look through.

QUOTE (chinamon @ Mar 4 2008, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dude if your looking into that id say its a good idea, id invest some too, pm me if you wanna talk business!

QUOTE (s_smith001 @ Mar 5 2008, 05:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dude if your looking into that id say its a good idea, id invest some too, pm me if you wanna talk business!

i will let you know once this guy gets back to me.

I'd be in for 250g each: double apple, peach

QUOTE (jfaltous @ Mar 5 2008, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even at those prices... $25 for 250g of Nakhla? It's under $10 at both MNH and TDP. For that price you could be getting starbuzz (including shipping).

a lot of people would rather buy locally and pay a little more knowing they dont have to worry about shipping and getting caught paying duties.

i know probably 98% of the middle eastern community buy locally even though many of them know they can buy online. its just less things to worry about.

QUOTE (MaxT0 @ Mar 5 2008, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

he said hes not dealing nakhla any more. hes dealing al fakher. i asked him about pricing and its a little more than the nakhla pricing.
i would have to sell at $7 each 50g pack or $30 for five packs. not sure if i would be able to sell them cuz toronto people only seem to buy nakhla. if i can find people interested then i will invest.

QUOTE (chinamon @ Mar 5 2008, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (MaxT0 @ Mar 5 2008, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

he said hes not dealing nakhla any more. hes dealing al fakher. i asked him about pricing and its a little more than the nakhla pricing.
i would have to sell at $7 each 50g pack or $30 for five packs. not sure if i would be able to sell them cuz toronto people only seem to buy nakhla. if i can find people interested then i will invest.

Im in... as i said before...

I'm down for some Al Fakher Action man if you go into this i would be very interested i can dip into 4 people's pockets to purchase your goods so just PM with more info etc. I want to order online but the duties is messed up. I think Fakher is better than Nakhla, and quddus i think it was is the biggest piece of shit in the world i still have cherry smells like coconut and it makes you GAG soooo bad worse than a girl doing the damn thing. Terrible stuff. Edited by Ghetto Byrd