Some of my friends and I were setting up my hookah so we could smoke while we watched a movie last night. Right before I was going to pack the bowl I went to get the shisha spun around and then I heard it, one of the worst sounds ever, clay hitting granite. It cracked my bowl right in half. So we were all disappointed (I was pissed) until we thought of an ingenious quick temp fix. We found some super glue and glued it back together. To all our surprise it held up to an hour and a half smoke session.

None the less I still have to wait for my new bowl to come in now, or just bite the bullet and go get one for the hookah store down the street and grab a cheep one.

my bowl broke last night too...i was just putting it on the stem and the bottom just crumbled. it was my favoritest mya bowl too...oh well...now i have to use a mod bowl though, which i'm not too happy about...oh well, it'll work till i can run out to a store and grab a new mya bowl

QUOTE (Stinkyfisherman @ Mar 3 2008, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some of my friends and I were setting up my hookah so we could smoke while we watched a movie last night. Right before I was going to pack the bowl I went to get the shisha spun around and then I heard it, one of the worst sounds ever, clay hitting granite. It cracked my bowl right in half. So we were all disappointed (I was pissed) until we thought of an ingenious quick temp fix. We found some super glue and glued it back together. To all our surprise it held up to an hour and a half smoke session.

None the less I still have to wait for my new bowl to come in now, or just bite the bullet and go get one for the hookah store down the street and grab a cheep one.

As a first thought.. Did you feel weird in any way? Personally I would not heat superglue and then inhale whatever fumes it'd give off, not sure if the bowl would get warm enough though.. Other then that, great idea, superglue and duckt tape is all you need to survive armageddon.

At where I work, if you break a bowl the owner goes CRAZY. He threw a glass cup at some of us employees before because a cup of water spilt in the back where his syrup was for coffee drinks.

Breaking bowls SUCK ASS

<Ramones>
Now I wanna sniff some glue now I wanna have somethin to do
All the kids wanna sniff some glue all the kids want somethin to do

1-2-3-4 now I wanna sniff some glue now I wanna have somethin to do

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8

</Ramones>

I've been smoking out of a broken bowl for a little over a month now. My old one shattered and a friend of mine had a broken social smoke bowl, but it was only broken at the bottom and it was epoxied and twine was tied around it to keep it together. It works fine for me lol. I would get a new one because they're only $4 and the shop near my house is about a 2 minute drive... but Im just lazy tongue.gif

QUOTE (QuiltedMaple @ Mar 3 2008, 08:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I left my hookah at work and the next day found my bowl shattered. Nobody manned up,

What kind of bowl was it? That'd really suck if somebody dropped their jet bowl.

-QM

Chances are if it was the Jet Bowl it probably wouldn't break, it is thick quality durable glass, it would have to be a tough fall... But breaking a bowl does suck.. like Neal says it is good to have a back up with you to smoke the stress away..

QUOTE (Stinkyfisherman @ Mar 3 2008, 06:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's a good reason to keep extra bowls on hand. I have like 7 lying around, although only one is a phunnel.

It was a phunnel bowl. sad.gif I think my new one is coming in today. I wiped all the extra superglue away and tested it out, no funny taste or strange buzz to it. I use superglue almost every day cuz of my job, you cut your hand grab the SG its perfect for sealing up cuts fast (it was invented for battle field wounds in WWII) I'll have to be more careful now and pick up like three more bowls so this kinda thing doesn’t happen again.