Just Got Prescribed...

louman3333

QUOTE (mushrat @ Feb 26 2008, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ya, I mainly take Klonopin but I have Xanax for when I need a little extra help. Good stuff if you actually need it. Mine is for stress induced occular migranes.

translation Mushrat takes heavy pills to deal with BS on the board lol_hitting.gif

later

Bubba Hookah.gif

Ya, I mainly take Klonopin but I have Xanax for when I need a little extra help. Good stuff if you actually need it. Mine is for stress induced occular migranes.

those are no fun at all.
like a spike through your skull.

Ooooo.... Alprazolam (Xanax)..... Strong stuff. Do you use Xanax or Xanax XR? XR is extended release meant to take you through the day or something. Regular is short-acting. Ahhh, ignore me. Just listen to your Doc and you SHOULD be ok wink.gif

QUOTE (MechAnt @ Feb 26 2008, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ooooo.... Alprazolam (Xanax)..... Strong stuff. Do you use Xanax or Xanax XR? XR is extended release meant to take you through the day or something. Regular is short-acting. Ahhh, ignore me. Just listen to your Doc and you SHOULD be ok wink.gif

are you going to school for pharmacy?

If yes, im in the same field. woot!

Back to topic, i dont take xanax. Edited by racemyghost

QUOTE (TheScotsman @ Feb 27 2008, 01:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

those are no fun at all.

Actually, occular migranes don't usually include the traditional migrane type headache...they make you go blind essentially.....If it's REALLY bad I get the headache that lasts 4-5 days. The occualr migranes were happening a few times a DAY at their worst. Better living through chemicals.

QUOTE (MechAnt @ Feb 27 2008, 02:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The klonopin is mostly a longer lasting Xanax no? I know i'm not supposed ot really mix them unless I'm careful..which I am of course... tongue.gif

I get bad migraines but not like that! I have fioricet to help relieve stress. I call them happy pills smile.gif and this one Doc put me on Valium to keep me calm....I have few meds for when you get a migraine where you want to puke and any noise or light is really painful. I just make my room pitch black and curl up into the fetal position and try to fall asleep and hopefully when I wake up I just have a throbbing headache that I can take more fiorecet or vicodin and try to tough it out the rest of the day. I have had a few 4 or 5 day headaches though. Life comes to a screeching halt for the most part then.

Strongest medications I've ever taken were lortab 750s when I had my wisdom teeth out.

They didn't do anything at all. I took 5 of them once and nothing. No numbness, no drowsiness, no intoxicated feeling...

Nothing but that painful throb in the back of my mouth.

Now when I took 6 shots of tequila it hurt like a bitch for about five minutes and I bled like none other, but after five minutes and the end of the bleeding I felt nothing!

My name is saint goodypants, and I endorsed JD's statement.

QUOTE (racemyghost @ Feb 27 2008, 12:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (MechAnt @ Feb 26 2008, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

are you going to school for pharmacy?

If yes, im in the same field. woot!

Back to topic, i dont take xanax.

I'm a Business Major with emphasis in Accounting. I know a lot about meds and stuff because my mom is an RN ONC. She likes to educate me about them rolleyes.gif .

Mush, Xanax's main use is short-acting but strong. They have a XR (extended release) version that lasts a good amount of time. If you want to know more about it, call your doc or you can have me call my mom wink.gif

I was on zyprexa, which made me put on almost a hundred pounds, which I had just worked 6 yrs to lose that much prior to...and then switched to abilify, took myself off of that since I didn't need it. Had a breakdown from school pressure and they had no idea what was wrong with me, so they put me on schitzo meds...
love modern medicine

QUOTE (mushrat @ Feb 27 2008, 02:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (TheScotsman @ Feb 27 2008, 01:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

those are no fun at all.

Actually, occular migranes don't usually include the traditional migrane type headache...they make you go blind essentially.....If it's REALLY bad I get the headache that lasts 4-5 days. The occualr migranes were happening a few times a DAY at their worst. Better living through chemicals.

I always heard you could go blind from too much of that!
I never thought it possible! Who knew?

a friend of mine was prescribed xanax for about 6 months, and sadly really fucked with him. first off, he got really weird when he was on it. he was always an outgoing guy and the life of the party and all of that, but when he was on his xanax, he basically didn't move. he said he felt so content just sitting there that he couldn't face getting up and going somewhere else...he also got extremely addicted to it(he has an addictive personality, so it wasn't good...), and said that for 6 months after getting off of it he'd have intense body cravings for it, which could only be quelled by massive amounts of drinking.

i don't know if i can get in trouble for this, and if this isn't something to be discussed here, mods feel free to do what you need to. anyways, i took one of his xanax, and i can truly see how it's so addicting. at least for me i was just overcome with a sense of well being and contentment. made for the most enjoyable 6 hours of my life, but it's not something i'd want all the time.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Jeff_T @ Feb 27 2008, 03:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've taken Xanax once and it stole 6 hours of my life. I have no idea what happened, but I was conscious...
never again

lol how many milligrams im on 3 mg a day tho
i once took 10 for unofficial at u of i. i have no idea what happened just pictures to look at. 10 over did it but whatever