Smoking Hookah In Apartment

I just got an apartment and I'm wondering if I can damage my house smoking hookah inside?

What I mean by that is if the walls will have the smell or my clothes? Ar they in comparison to cigarettes?

I don't have a balcony or an outside area to smoke. doorway I guess. Edited by Darkwatcher758

QUOTE (Darkwatcher758 @ Feb 26 2008, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just got an apartment and I'm wondering if I can damage my house smoking hookah inside?

What I mean by that is if the walls will have the smell or my clothes? Ar they in comparison to cigarettes?

I don't have a balcony or an outside area to smoke. doorway I guess.

I smoke in mine all the time and you should be fine ... if you are paranoid just keep a window open.

what zach said. the smell dissipates really quickly, and even if someone smells it just say you were trying a new air freshener haha. but seriously, you shouldn't have anything to worry about. even the smell from lighting quicklights dissipates fairly quickly (i wouldn't recommend lighting QL's inside, though).

QUOTE (Seanij @ Feb 26 2008, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my house smells like blueberries atm, but 2 minutes of window open its gone.

your clothes don't smell like smoke or anything? I';m not paranoid but I'm a little curious..

lol I live down the street from tangeris, I've actually chilled with eric a few times. I wonder if he sells Maya QT hookah's. I've been out of it for a while now but would like to get back. Last I remember, Maya qt was top of the line right? for its price, portable and smoke?
Edited by Darkwatcher758

Only thing to worry about is the hookah tipping over or dropping a coal on the carpet. That smells terrible and of course leaves a nice mark. Other than that the apt. will smell very nice, but with a window open will air out very quickly

Clothes do not smell whatsoever, unless maybe you soak the juices from the shisha up with them... Edited by Jeff_T

QUOTE (Jeff_T @ Feb 26 2008, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Only thing to worry about is the hookah tipping over or dropping a coal on the carpet. That smells terrible and of course leaves a nice mark. Other than that the apt. will smell very nice, but with a window open will air out very quickly

Any tips to be careful with hookah and coal in house.. will be using the gas oven with jap coals. I do have carpet.

QUOTE (Jeff_T @ Feb 26 2008, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Clothes do not smell whatsoever, unless maybe you soak the juices from the shisha up with them...

I can notice the smell on my clothes when i am done. Mind you its not a bad smell like a sweet smell. but i can smell it.

And it is very faint Edited by zachslusser

I live in an apt that doesnt allow smoking, but i smoke the hookah anyway. just remember to keep the coal off the floor.

QUOTE (zachslusser @ Feb 26 2008, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Clothes do not smell whatsoever, unless maybe you soak the juices from the shisha up with them...

I can notice the smell on my clothes when i am done. Mind you its not a bad smell like a sweet smell. but i can smell it.

And it is very faint

oh no no thats fine i meant the clothes in your closet..

lol I know I know.. I assume then its nothing like cigarettes. I've heard horrible stories of the things in can do to your clothes and house.

The smell is nothing like cigs. 5 Minutes after an hour and a half long session and the room is clear and smells normal. I love smoking indoors biggrin.gif

QUOTE (zachslusser @ Feb 26 2008, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And it is very faint

haha once i spent the whole day smoking nakhla double apple and when i got into the car with my dad and sister, my sister said "you have bubblegum!!"

You'll be fine as long as you don't let the coals hit your carpet, and even then you may get lucky and the landlords may already be replacing the carpet after you move out.

The smell won't linger in the entire apartment for very long.

yeah man, i live on campus in a dorm, needless to say smoking inside is a HUGE no no. I still do it, live right next door to the RA and nobody has ever once comented on a smell in or around my room. but like everyone else says, light your coals outside and make sure you put something down to protect your carpet in the event a coal falls.

You should buy a good size cheap rug. If a coal drops on it big deal. If you get coal burns in your apartment's carpet and if it goes unpatched or unrepaired, you will lose your security deposit when you move out. Other than that risk, there is no harm or permanent effects on smoking hookah in your apartment.

I smoke in my room and it's tiny. The smell will say in the room for a day or two but if you have a window it will go away. No, my clothes or bed doesn't smell up. Just open a window

wind cover is a good idea, along with using a cheap piece of carpeting or rug you could just throw a small sheet of wood underneath or something of the sort

I smoke in the house all the time. The smell is very very faint if at all. My girlfriend says she can smell it on me but maybe she has spidey senses because no one else can biggrin.gif so i wouldn't really worry about that.

I use coco nara and am yet to drop them on the ground. They'll last you the whole session and ash remarkably less than anything else I've used, so you don't have to figet with them constantly to ash them and rearrange your heat management. Despite the great luck so far, I still keep a baking sheet under mine when smoking just to keep the carpet relatively safe.

BTW lighting any coals on an electric coil burner NOT a hotplate works so much better than gas. I've used a gas range and a portable Coleman camping stove, a coil burner is better by far. The coil burner will light the coals in about half the time AND will light them more thoroughly (I'm speaking of Coco Nara and natural lemonwood coals).

electric burner at walgreens for about $10 http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp...p;id=prod350527