How Many Years?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we took the number of years we've all had experience smoking and went back in time. We would be somewhere around the date of June, 1787.

Just for reference, the final draft of the US Constitution was sent to congress in September of 1787 and was ratified almost a year later.

Pretty impressive guys, Lets see how far back we can go! Edited by Raziel510

QUOTE (mathuv @ Feb 28 2008, 02:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well i doubt anyone here has been smoking for longer than 20 years.. flavoured shisha was invented in the 80s if im not mistaken

True dat wink.gif However It might only refer to commerical tobacco's ?

anyways I make it 225 Years now smile.gif

Thanks everyone,.

QUOTE (mathuv @ Feb 28 2008, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well i doubt anyone here has been smoking for longer than 20 years.. flavoured shisha was invented in the 80s if im not mistaken

I belive you are corrrect..1986 i believe in response to the Egyptian government asking Nakhla to make hookah more attractive to the younger generation who were picking up cigarettes in record numbers. Or so I've read...

QUOTE (mushrat @ Feb 28 2008, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I belive you are corrrect..1986 i believe in response to the Egyptian government asking Nakhla to make hookah more attractive to the younger generation who were picking up cigarettes in record numbers. Or so I've read...

I concur for what's it worth - I have heard/read similar accounts around the mid 80's. One version was to make it more attractive to woman - and another is to make it more attractive to tourists.

JD

edit - Thanks Mitch
227.5 Years Collective Experience Edited by Johnny_D

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Feb 28 2008, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (mushrat @ Feb 28 2008, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I concur for what's it worth - I have heard/read similar accounts around the mid 80's. One version was to make it more attractive to woman - and another is to make it more attractive to tourists.

JD

edit - Thanks Mitch
227.5 Years Collective Experience

whilst the version i heard was that as people were realising how bad cigarette smoking was, shisha companies were trying to figure out a way to attract more people and not go out of business..