Trying To Buy A New Ride....

mushrat

QUOTE (mushrat @ Feb 23 2008, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So i took it for a short test drive. Going to have to rebolt the seat closer to the pedals. I had to use a pillow to be able to drive it with my toes... tongue.gif

Other than that it's beautiful. Smaller than it looks in the pictures. anyone 6 foot and over will have to look over the windshield. I hope to buy it this week,

Its a steal...and decent MPG as well. I drove air-cooled VW's for years. I love em!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (gaia.plateau @ Feb 21 2008, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Oggie505 @ Feb 21 2008, 02:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the real question/problem is what does the wife think about it??

Pfft. If it's not in the kitchen, the laundry room or the bedroom, she doesn't have any business thinking about it at all.

Gaia.

Can you imagine Mushrat dressed in all his medival combat gear thrashing through the streets in that? Nice one Mushie - Looks good.

I'll have to anti up to a caterham now tongue.gif

JD - Dreaming

QUOTE (mushrat @ Feb 24 2008, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (r1v3th3ad @ Feb 24 2008, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so then next week = trip to PA with, to visit me, my hookah, and my camp to go offroading with? tongue.gif

You have no idea how good that sounds man...But it may take a while for something like that to actually happen... tongue.gif

Well hey, if summer is good for you, its good for me...I have pleanty of free time up at my cabin over the summer time, could probably convince my dad to break out the ak too...just image riding around on that, unloading the ak 47 lol

QUOTE (r1v3th3ad @ Feb 25 2008, 04:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (mushrat @ Feb 24 2008, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (r1v3th3ad @ Feb 24 2008, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so then next week = trip to PA with, to visit me, my hookah, and my camp to go offroading with? tongue.gif

You have no idea how good that sounds man...But it may take a while for something like that to actually happen... tongue.gif

Well hey, if summer is good for you, its good for me...I have pleanty of free time up at my cabin over the summer time, could probably convince my dad to break out the ak too...just image riding around on that, unloading the ak 47 lol

Can anyone else faintly hear the sound of duelling banjo's..................

Mushy,

That's a Weber Progressive carb. I had one on my 64 bug. Better than the stock carb, but it had some throttle lag. That rail really needs Weber 40 or 44 IDFs to fly.

A progressive is good if you ever want to fab out a turbo kit, though. The tee-pee exhaust makes it even easier.

QUOTE (r1v3th3ad @ Feb 25 2008, 06:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol_hitting.gif
well, I've got the electric guitar if anyone wants to bring the banjo smile.gif

There's actualy a song by the Angel City Outcasts during which there is a back and forth section between an electric guitar and a banjo...

Its pretty fuckin sick

QUOTE (james @ Feb 25 2008, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mushy,

That's a Weber Progressive carb. I had one on my 64 bug. Better than the stock carb, but it had some throttle lag. That rail really needs Weber 40 or 44 IDFs to fly.

A progressive is good if you ever want to fab out a turbo kit, though. The tee-pee exhaust makes it even easier.

Ya i thought it was, Had one on my old '73 pop top camper.

FIRST I'll buy it, then I'll work on it.... cool.gif

QUOTE (Elky @ Feb 25 2008, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (r1v3th3ad @ Feb 25 2008, 06:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol_hitting.gif
well, I've got the electric guitar if anyone wants to bring the banjo smile.gif

There's actualy a song by the Angel City Outcasts during which there is a back and forth section between an electric guitar and a banjo...

Its pretty fuckin sick

Thats what I was thinking of, couldn't think of who did it

Excellent. That really is a sweet little buggy. Must have got it all squared away with the Mrs. then.

I will have to make a trip to your area too this summer. I plan to be on the road a lot this year. It is gonna be some good times hopefully.

So, I pick the buggy p today...light sprinkles when I get there..byt the time I am on the road to bring it to a friend's place to work on it it's a full gully washer downpour...

I'm driving this thing with water pouring into my boots, catching spray off the front tires, looking like a complete freak. I'd pull up to lights and people in the cars next to me are looking at me with the "what's wrong with you boy?" look..I wave, shrug, and smile...

Tomorrow of course it's supposed to be sunny and warm, so I can atleast work on it and drive it home...

It roars like a beast and is a blast to drive however....

I'll take pics tomorrow...

well..looks like im am going ot have to put wooden blocks on the pedals untill I can move the whole assembly... (first one that makes a short joke gets a vacation, JK wink.gif ) The body of the buggy narrows right where the seat is NOW, so I can't move it up a few inches so I can reach the damn things..plus a few other minor issues..probably be a week or so before it's road worthy...

QUOTE (mushrat @ Mar 6 2008, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well..looks like im am going ot have to put wooden blocks on the pedals untill I can move the whole assembly... (first one that makes a short joke gets a vacation, JK wink.gif ) The body of the buggy narrows right where the seat is NOW, so I can't move it up a few inches so I can reach the damn things..plus a few other minor issues..probably be a week or so before it's road worthy...

I don't think that moving the pedal cluster is going to be an option unless you have a hydralic clutch. The clutch cable and the thottle cable run through the tunnel (if so equiped). If you try to move the cluster, you will run into some work shortening the cables (and mounting the cluster further back on the tunnel). With a hydralic clutch, the clutch cable (the main pain in the ass) is not an issue, just run the lines wherever and shorten your throttle cable... I know it sounds stupid, but the blocks on the pedals are not a bad idea. There were guys racing that were "height challenged". They would cut blocks out of square tube steel and weld or bolt the block to the pedals.

I hope this helps...

QUOTE (HarryTheHookaMaster @ Mar 7 2008, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (mushrat @ Mar 6 2008, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think that moving the pedal cluster is going to be an option unless you have a hydralic clutch. The clutch cable and the thottle cable run through the tunnel (if so equiped). If you try to move the cluster, you will run into some work shortening the cables (and mounting the cluster further back on the tunnel). With a hydralic clutch, the clutch cable (the main pain in the ass) is not an issue, just run the lines wherever and shorten your throttle cable... I know it sounds stupid, but the blocks on the pedals are not a bad idea. There were guys racing that were "height challenged". They would cut blocks out of square tube steel and weld or bolt the block to the pedals.

I hope this helps...

Thanks man....its going to be fun either way...

• 1 month later...