Trying To Buy A New Ride....

mushrat

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, I don't but have seen it done enough. Can't imagine it being that hard. I put a dry weld, for my seals, on my hookah since they all came undone this past summer.
My buddy is a railroad welder with no prior experience...
I say go for it, probably cheaper than buying one off of someone, then again, the time to put it together with running a lounge...tough call man

QUOTE (HarryTheHookaMaster @ Feb 20 2008, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
damn! that thing is street legal?

I gotta 78 Jeep CJ7 thats cherry (with a Vette motor) looking for a home.....10K....LOL

Seriously...thats street legal? SWEET!

Ah yes..it's street legal. Looks like it has a webber 2 barrel carb on it if I recognise the air filter on the thing. Means it will haul ass. 1600cc upright VW engine, no weight, fat back tires...and I believe the front cover is just a bra, so it can be removed for full open rail. Wind in my face, bugs in my teeth...

Going to get a set of Tanker goggles to wear when I drive it. No scarf...good way to get your head removed.... huh.gif

[![/quote]

Ah yes..it's street legal. Looks like it has a webber 2 barrel carb on it if I recognise the air filter on the thing. Means it will haul ass. 1600cc upright VW engine, no weight, fat back tires...and I believe the front cover is just a bra, so it can be removed for full open rail. Wind in my face, bugs in my teeth...

Going to get a set of Tanker goggles to wear when I drive it. No scarf...good way to get your head removed.... huh.gif

[/quote]

No kidding...having your head snapped back when you scarf got sucked into the air intake of the bug motor would not be fun at all. If you get it, try converting it to dual Weber 48IDF's...suck gas and haul ass!

No kidding...having your head snapped back when you scarf got sucked into the air intake of the bug motor would not be fun at all. If you get it, try converting it to dual Weber 48IDF's...suck gas and haul ass!

First i have to actually buy the thing..gotta convince the wife it's an investment. It will help once i get the saturn to the shop and then sell it....

So i took it for a short test drive. Going to have to rebolt the seat closer to the pedals. I had to use a pillow to be able to drive it with my toes... tongue.gif

Other than that it's beautiful. Smaller than it looks in the pictures. anyone 6 foot and over will have to look over the windshield. I hope to buy it this week,