Talk About A Duty Rape...

QUOTE (jahookah @ Mar 2 2008, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
s_smith, it depends on the size of the order.
I've found generally orders < $50 you should be ok...

ya my order is slightly over 50 but the only tobacco is the 2 free 50g packs i get with the hookah... should that be a problem you think?

That's the standard phrase you'll find on tracking sites, don't worry about it tongue.gif

Unless your shipment is coming from UPS or FedEx or DHL, then you'll likely be paying taxes and duties (although not on the tobacco, just on the order as a whole).

Ya it would be nice but:
  1. i don't really live close enough and.
  2. i don't drive so...

Ive though about this forum being a great tool in setting up sort sort of cross border deal where canadians can put in bulk orders and ship them to someone in the US then they could send em, out to us cannucks... hopefully saving on shipping and avoiding duty/taxes...

I have a middle-east grocery in my town and they sell Shisha there, but only basic flavors and im not sure about the brand.

Ill be stopping by there to pick up a pack or two to test out soon

What I'd like to know is if theres any Canadians that dont have a local vendor that would be interested in me buying them Shisha from the store in my town and sending it out to them within Canada...

-Steve

Best idea is to get someone who has family in new york and then drive a big order accross the border - then you can distribute it internally without fear of customs.

Illegal as hell I'm sure - but technically liable to succeed.
It's no different from people in the uk driving to france and returning with 100,000 cigarettes for 'personal' use. It's just illegal to sell it.

I drive to france to purchase bottles of California wine at a rate of £1.99 a bottle compared to £4.99 a bottle.
x 100 bottles and i've just saved a shit load of cash wink.gif

JD Edited by Johnny_D

QUOTE (shotcaller88 @ Feb 20 2008, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
they gotta pay for that free health care somehow =)

"Free" as in give half of your income to the gov't and then pay ~14% sales tax on everything except food? Not to mention property taxes... Yeah, I'm really glad about that one. And I haven't been to a doctors' for two years now, because they are a heap of incompetent jackasses.

Illegal as hell I'm sure - but technically liable to succeed.
It's no different from people in the uk driving to france and returning with 100,000 cigarettes for 'personal' use. It's just illegal to sell it.

I drive to france to purchase bottles of California wine at a rate of £1.99 a bottle compared to £4.99 a bottle.
x 100 bottles and i've just saved a shit load of cash wink.gif

I know you guys didn't get into the Schengen, but you're still a part of the EU, so it is different. Canada customs is very anal*, and the max you can bring as far as I can remember is "1.14L of spirits OR two bottles of wine OR 24 beers" as far as alcohol goes; for tobacco its "200 cigs OR 50 cigars AND 200gr of manufactured (loose) tobacco". You have to be outside the country for over 7 days to bring that in.
* Anal = they will search you for alcohol and slap you with taxes/duties if you bring one more bottle of liquor than the above allowances. I wish my tax money was better spent.

QUOTE (erufiku @ Mar 5 2008, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Free" as in give half of your income to the gov't and then pay ~14% sales tax on everything except food? Not to mention property taxes... Yeah, I'm really glad about that one. And I haven't been to a doctors' for two years now, because they are a heap of incompetent jackasses.

riiiiiight... has anyone seen the film 'Sicko'

• 1 month later...
I am still pissed about the duty because I am not officially out of Tobacco and broke..... And I have seen the movie sicko, I found it was a little bit too long, and Michael Moore has a funny way of getting his points across.