Hezbollah Declares War On Israel...

gaia.plateau

Hi, I live in Israel and am not worried.we've been attacked so many times. I was in the Golani brigade infantry from 1971-1974 .In 1973 the Syrians and Egyptians attacked us on Yom Kippur, our holiest day when we were all fasting. The Israeli government knew of the planned war but were considering "world opinion" if we pre-empted an attack. We lost a lot of dead soldiers. 12 in my 70 person platoon.We were able Thank G-D to repell the attacks and I spent about 5 months in syria until the cease fire.Proof that we did know in advance, my brother was on a large navy missle boat and they were told to leave port 2 days before the war.I guess missle boats are expensive.My brother was chief gunner and he knocked out 2 Syrian boats in Latakia, Syria and one on the Egyptian side. I also spent another 36 months in very active reserves in Lebanon 1982, Gaza, all over really until the age of 38. I never was able to develope a hate for Arabs, whom I see everyday as I live near Bethleham and Hebron.They have 22 Arab countries and will never accept us as anything more than a wound to their ego.Look how Arab Sheites kill Arab sunnim and vice-versa by bombing Arab markets where women and children are killed.Its all a shame. Edited by sheeshabum

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (AKammenzind @ Feb 15 2008, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, the situation isn't all that dissimilar to that just before the great war. There are some key differences though... nuclear weapons are very effective at deterring people from declaring war. Open war, especially a world war, doesn't seem terribly likely. Methinks that if anything we'll have something halfway between a world war, and the cold war.

Regardless, it's not a fun situation. One question though, in this little comparison to the first world war if the US = Germany, and Israel = Austria-Hungary (both of which I do more or less agree with)... who would you think is Turkey? I guess it could be the UK, or South Korea?

In reply to "Snoopy".
In 1948 the United Nations recognized Israel as a soveigrn nation and made a plan for a "Palestine" with one part for the Arabs living there and another for the Jews as one state. The result was ALL the 22 Arab countries disagreed and Jordan,Egypt,Lebanon syria and IRAQ attacked us, but I AM SO SORRY THAT WE WON. Did you want us to die like the Nazis tried to do to us? Forget that.Why were the Palestinians in Gaza who after the war were under egyptian control put into refugee camps by their own Arab brothers? They closed the egyptian border to them. They could have given them land in the Sinai pininsulah which is 3 times bigger than Israel.Get your facts right Snoopy. What you write about this decade's history is mostly correct, but you have to go to the beginning of a history (1948) to start judging.Just last month the Albanian minority in Serbia announced their own country. You could ask "Why don't they join their Moslem brothers in Albania"( I have no opinion in that matter.)I have been in the Israeli army and had a spell in Gaza 1972 and later in 1984 and 1988. We never touched women or children. Don't you think that if the Nazis were able to kill 6 million of us in 6 years, and we have not been able to "mass murder" what was once 500,000 Palestinians and are now 3 million in 60 years that we are doing a poor job of mass murder?Please. Many ill Arabs from Gaza come to our hospitals for better treatment of diseases even.And we pay. We could simply fly planes over and put them to sleep for 12 hours, and move them in trucks to the sinai desert.We are not doing anything but defending ourselves. South Israel is being bombed by them every day. They are launching rockets from the very areas we gave back "for peace".

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Feb 16 2008, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Snoopy1966 @ Feb 15 2008, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really do not want to get into a big debate here, but here it goes.

Really now how long do you think you could be held in your house, with little or no food or water. Even when you are told you can go out, you still get killed by the Israel army. They destroy your homes, businesses, kill your family, rape them in front of you, stay there as long as they want and then kill everyone in the house. Palestine did not bring this on if you really know what is going on there. Israel has oppressed them big time. I do not accept suicide bombers as being part of Islam. But this is where it has gotten too. I do not say it is correct. If you keep a cat backed in the corner for so long, it is going to fight back. Put yourself in the Palestinians shoes and then come tell me about it. I put up a map here in another post showing how the Israelis took over the land by force. They talk about moving settlers and do move them. Where do you think they go? To another part that Israel has taken over.

I normally avoid such conversations. But that is utter propoganda... no that is just down-right lies.. and nothing else. I'm rather surprised at you snoopy.

Next you'll be telling it's all todo with the Elders of Zion right?

-------------- -------------- ------------------ --------------
There is no record (By Palestinians themselves) of rape.You have your facts so wrong.Find me one instance where Palestinians said that we raped one of their women. After 6 million of us were murdered, we have quite a distaste for this.Why haven't we been able to mass murder what in 1948 was 500,000 Arabs and today are 3 milion during our 60 years as a nation? We are lousy Nazis then. Theoretically we can fly planes over and drop bombs that would only put them to sleep for 12 hours, load them on trucks and move them to the sinai. We gave back areas of the settlements 2 years ago, we destroyed all the buildings except the synogoges, and from that very area today the terrorists launch rockets into our southern cities wounding and killing.Sure they suffer. They suffer from poor leadership always have and always will.Do we blow up market places in Iraq killing hundreds of Arab people at a time? No, its Arabs who do it to Arabs.We could do what the Moslems in Darfur , sudan did to the Africans there. That is genocide but the world let them get away with it, even today. No one would stop us. We stop ourselves, even as we defend ourselves.I think you are controlled by your own hatred.Snoopy don't worry, we know that there are some self-hating Jews.

QUOTE (sheeshabum @ Mar 22 2008, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is no record (By Palestinians themselves) of rape.You have your facts so wrong.Find me one instance where Palestinians said that we raped one of their women. After 6 million of us were murdered, we have quite a distaste for this.

One would think you'd also have a distaste for running concentration camps and forcing them to wear insignias of their ethnicity... yet, as I presented earlier...

QUOTE (gaia.plateau @ Mar 17 2008, 04:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (TheScotsman @ Mar 16 2008, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Makes them worse than baby-eating monsters. Makes them the lowest form of human trash to be walking the planet.

I'm surprised you refer to them as human. Why not just put them all in ghettos and camps and make them wear symbols to identify their ethnicity? Then you can detain children, women, and old men without reason or trial, torture them, and work them to death.

Oh wait, the Israelis beat you to that...

I guess it's true that you become what you hate.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/637293.stm
http://www.reuters.com/article/latestCrisis/idUSN17629871
http://www.zmag.org/chomsky/articles/z9310...ael-arafat.html
http://www.zmag.org/content/showarticle.cfm?ItemID=14043
http://www.nowpublic.com/world/warsaw-ghet...centration-camp
http://egyptianpows.net/1967/deny-and-lie/
http://www.igloo.org/terrorism/gazabloc

"Israel is the only country on earth where torture and ill-treatment are legally sanctioned. The Committee must send a clear message that such practices are a flagrant violation of the Convention and their continued use will not be tolerated."
http://www.amnesty.org/en/library/asset/MD...50311998en.html

Although Israel stepped up its roundups after the start of the intifada in December, 1987, the practice of detaining Palestinians without charge for renewable periods goes back decades.

A letter from inmates spirited out of the camp by the Palestinian rights group, Al Haq, described "a war of starvation, thirst, and humiliation, and a policy of physical and psychological destruction." Sworn affidavits of mistreatment abound, but rarely are they picked up by the US mainstream media.

Since 1967, over half a million detentions and arrests have been recorded within occupied Palestine by the Palestine Human Rights data bank. Compared to South African arrests since the issuance of the emergency decree in 1986, arrests of Palestinians are seven times greater since the start of the intifada. Those figures are based on Israel's own estimates. Palestinian estimates of arrests are double the Israeli figures.
http://www.washington-report.org/backissues/0689/8906021.htm

More than 300 Palestinian civilians continue to rot in Jewish concentration camps under this Israeli "law." No proof of any accusation against them needs to be offered. It is simply enough that they are Palestinians. Their race signifies that they can be incarcerated perpetually by the Israelis.
http://www.revisionisthistory.org/palestine23.html

QUOTE ("Rabbi David Batzri @ head of the Magen David Yeshiva in Jerusalem {Israeli newspaper Haaretz, March 21, 2006}")
"The nation of Israel is pure and the Arabs are a nation of donkeys. They are an evil disaster, an evil devil, and a nasty affliction. The Arabs are donkeys and beasts. They want to take our girls. They are endowed with true filthiness. There is pure and there is impure and they are impure."

QUOTE ("Rabbi Yaacov Perrin @ {N.Y. Times, Feb. 28, 1994, p. 1}")
"One million Arabs are not worth a Jewish fingernail."

By the way, if you or anyone else falters at being able to continue defending the militant Zionists in the face of reality, and would like to resume attacking my character by calling me biased, dishonest, hateful or loony, PM me and I'll send you the essay that I'm 3/4 done criticizing militant Islamic fundamentalists for corrupting politics with religion in the Middle East, creating divisions within Islam, and basically being insane. It's going to be terrible because I will have written it in less than 5 hours, but it's only 6 pages so you won't have to endure it for long.

I'm not saying that the "Arab side" is right and "your side" is wrong, it's wrong to even have a "side", I'm saying that everyone is culpable and the dualism you're propounding is as dangerous to your own cause as it is to everyone else's. Edited by gaia.plateau

Self hating Jew R U?, Today, 05:50 PM

Emir - Of the Emerald Argileh

Group: Members
Member No.: 87

You talk like a bigot, lack the facts and sound like a self-hating Jew. Are you Jewish?
SheeshaBumPretty cool member hey? I do not know what he bases this on. I hope someone does something about this. I forwarded this PM to the Mods and Admin.

Self hating Jew R U?, Today, 05:50 PM

You talk like a bigot, lack the facts and sound like a self-hating Jew. Are you Jewish?
SheeshaBumPretty cool member hey? I do not know what he bases this on. I hope someone does something about this. I forwarded this PM to the Mods and Admin.

Self hating Jew R U?, Today, 05:50 PM <a href="http://www.hookahforum.com/index.php?showuser=87" target="_blank"></a>

SheeshaBum

Pretty cool member hey? I do not know what he bases this on. I hope someone does something about this. I forwarded this PM to the Mods and Admin.

I don't know if this link is directly to my post, but it is to the beginning of the page that I posted on. That is the post that I was referrring to, which no one has responded to. The arab people could not adapt to a new way of life and that is why they have failed to gain a secure footing in the new government of the Israeli/"Palestinian" state. The nation is not Palestinian, though, as they have failed to guarantee their civil liberties in the new government because they refuse to work within the limits of the law. Now, I don't believe that if they work within the law that they will gain the independence that they want, but I do believe that they could gain some kind of independence if they support some kind of legal independence. So far they have yet to do so as far as I can discern. Please, someone post an instance in which the Palestinians have legally argued their independance.

Posted PM's have been hidden. The issue has been dealt with. PM's are just that. Private Messages.

Please report to moderator's [Of which I am one believe it or not] and it will be dealt with.

JD Edited by Johnny_D

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Mar 23 2008, 01:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Posted PM's have been hidden. The issue has been dealt with. PM's are just that. Private Messages.

Please report to moderator's [Of which I am one believe it or not] and it will be dealt with.

JD

I genuinely chagrin to play devil's advocate on this one, but why didn't this apply to DPG with that one customer, or to mushrat with Gabe?

Cause I'm the daddy that why. Actually, This subject comes up once every few months and it gets nasty quickly. And we keep killing the threads, and people keep starting new ones saying this one won't get nasty, and it always does. Thats the problem with the internet, people compute it with being able to say anything they want be be anonamous (i can never spell that damn word...) and there will be no accountability. Please note every one knows who I really am, where I can be found about 80 hours a week, my address and a phone number for me so i can cast a few stones.

People are getting nasty an insulting in pm's...time to lock this puppy. You want to talk SERIOUS politics, go pick a political forum and all post there..but lets keep this place atleast moderately chill. Thanks.
"Not the Momma" (if you can identify that quote my opinion of you goes up a few notches. cool.gif )

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Mar 23 2008, 03:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

JD

JD, as Admin I hate to contradict another mod in public, but he's got us man...I guess if you are confident to write something in private of that nature, you better be prepared to have it brought to everyone elses attention. My respect for ya hasn't change dor nuthin, but I think its fair to let the posts be seen, we gotta be consistant. But you beat me to it with closing the thread, was gonna do it myself...

Back to smoking hookah folks, nothing to see here. This thread will self destruct tonight.

QUOTE (mushrat @ Mar 23 2008, 08:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Mar 23 2008, 03:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

JD

JD, as Admin I hate to contradict another mod in public, but he's got us man...I guess if you are confident to write something in private of that nature, you better be prepared to have it brought to everyone elses attention. My respect for ya hasn't change dor nuthin, but I think its fair to let the posts be seen, we gotta be consistant. But you beat me to it with closing the thread, was gonna do it myself...

Back to smoking hookah folks, nothing to see here. This thread will self destruct tonight.

No problem here man. Thanks for the clarification, It's not come up during my moderatorship before.

I have no problem being corrected, public or otherwise smile.gif

JD