Strong Flavor Ghosting

So I'm a fan of mint. I had a great session with wintergreen, spearmint, and peppermint all mixxed together. I almost had to pour boiling water down my throat.. It was excellent.

Just curious though, for your opinions.

When you're a fan of strong flavors such as mint, or coffee, or what-have-you. How worried are you that the flavor will take over your future bowls or even embed itself into your stuff. Do you have a special bowl and hose specifically for those flavors or do you hope that lemon juice and hot water will eventually get the smells out. I feel like buying a tub of mint, I just dont want to smoke it alot and then down the road have Fruit punch with Mint later on.

How do yall handle the ghosting?

QUOTE (mdl @ Feb 14 2008, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Buy a seperate bowl for the mint flavors and even a seperate hookah.

The wisest way to go, I think. At the very least, get a separate hose.

I use my mini mya acrylic, my green ceramic bowl and a marked green syrian hose for mint flavours.

Hey Shifty,

Preferably, you'd want to get a separate hose/bowl for each flavor you smoke. Realistically, however, the costs associated with doing so, would pile up quickly. What I usually do, especially if I'm smoking mint, is rinse the stem/bowl, and lightly and shortly rinse the hose with warm water and lemon juice.
If you do it right after your session, than you should be in the clear; if you wait....you'll still taste the ghost flavor next time you smoke.

Hope this helps!

-Eugene
Hookah Life

I use everclear to clear up the ghosting, nothing else works for me with my hookah.

On the note of mint, once in a blue moon, I take some of my homegrown peppermint and spearmint, blend it with honey, and add peppermint extract to it. Its a potent, yet refreshing smoke.