Beer

racemyghost

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well dogfish 90 min is actually pretty good IMO. I also like the Aprihop. I have tried a lot of Dogfish brews but those are the only two that I really care for. The 120 min isnt that bad either. But I agree, most are overrated .

• 11 months later...
This needs to be revived,

I just had one of the best beers.

GRIMBERGEN Blonde Ale

I fucking loved it but 12.99 for a 6pack was not so nice!

One of my favorite beers and the brewery is about 20 min away from me.
Blue Point Toasted Lager
(Anything made by Blue Point is great!)
Edited by newjacksm

QUOTE (delSol_si @ Jun 4 2009, 12:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Tuscani @ Jun 4 2009, 01:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
guess im simple... BL-L for me!

puke.gif At the bar I used to work at, I was getting my shift drink and they were all out of Bud Light, so they gave me a Bud Light Lime. Took one drink and was ready to puke.

Bud light is like water to me... I love BL lime =)

Killian's Irish Red, Shocktop, "the black stuff" (Guiness), and Bud Select.

Holy shit, Bells is AMAZING! I die for their Oberon, but sadly the closest place to MA that carries Bells is PA, which is a bit of a hike sad.gif

I adore Belgian beers. I used to be straightedge for 7 years, but when my lifestyle changed my boss at the time, a Belgian, sat me down after work and said that it was time to for my beer education. Needless to say, the next morning was brutal smile.gif

I'm also a huge hop head...Mojo IPA by Boulder Brewing Co. CO is one of my favorites, along with Stone Ruination IPA. Barley wines are also delicious, but recently my stomach can't take them too well sad.gif

I also homebrew my own beer. I have a solid recipe for an Anchor Steam clone which everyone seems to like, and my last clone of a Westmalle Tripel came out quite well, despite previous failures (lost control of the temp while fermenting). When I get back, I'm gonna brew up another Hoegaarden clone, or maybe, finally, come up with my own recipe!

I'm off to Belgium in a week or so, hopefully I'll have access to this forum so I can drunk-post once smile.gif Being in Iran = no alcohol sad.gif Edited by Sherv

Make your own - much cheaper.

Only that it takes like 9-12 months from brew to drinking. smile.gif

I have about 2.5 gallons of barley wine in my basement aging...going on about 4-5 months now.

QUOTE (jezter6 @ Jun 5 2009, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Make your own - much cheaper.

Only that it takes like 9-12 months from brew to drinking. smile.gif

I have about 2.5 gallons of barley wine in my basement aging...going on about 4-5 months now.

Yeah, the aging/conditioning is a PITA to wait out. I usually get impatient and start drinking within a month, find that it tastes rather bad and then give up on it for another month...and then try again, over and over and over, until 6 or 7 months elapse and I find that the taste has improved.

One time, and I have no idea how it happened, I made a batch of scotch ale that ended up tasting like liquid rasin bran. It was difficult to drink as a first brew, but once you're drunk it didn't really matter anymore smile.gif

QUOTE (newjacksm @ Jun 5 2009, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like Barelywine but a lot of it is expensive. Old Howling Bastard which is my favorite Barelywine was like 17 bucks!

Heavy Sea's Barley Wine is great!

as for my favorite...I think I turned 21 since I last posted in the topic. I honestly dont there are way too many out there. My goto has been lionshead but there quality has gone way down hill so now I think its gonna be New Castle or Moosehead

i live in michigan so the brewer is about hours from me (woohooo) and all i can say is if you havent had the ones i mentioned above... i feel bad for you lol i really do ... i do like other brewers so dogfish,corsondonk,alagash arrogant bastard .... i like real beer! not this leinenkugel magichat crap its damn near horrible

Orion.

The only beer I've ever been able to drink...and want more of it.

Its only made here on Okinawa, and I don't think its shipped to America at all. It is usually $7-$8 for on-tap and $4.50 for one in a can. Expensive Yes...Delicious, more yes.

Pabst Blue Ribbon
andddd
Landshark
:-)

but most of the time it ends up being natty light....cause it's cheap.