Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
NoPeace

Yay Guess What I Found Out!

Recommended Posts

well after reading geiseric's post about copper in the how to section i realized that HEY wow my hookah has a copper interior which would explain why when i clean it out there is a blu-ish green resin in it. well when copper oxidizes it forms a blu-ish-greenish rust!!! yea so my hookah is not only putting carcinogens in my body but also large quantities of copper!!! yay! lol. never ever using that hookah again. im thinking of maybe going to the doctors to see if the amount of copper in my body is higher than normal. any comments?

EDIT::
oh yea i was looking up side effects of copper at high levels for short term and WOW guess what i found out. originally i thought that my friends and i were getting headaches from CO poisoning, well guess what. it was copper!!!! yay!!! do u think me smoking from that hookah like 4-6 times a month for the past year is really bad fro me? should i be concerned because i heard it affects developement and growth

EDIT:: again
should i see a doctor? anyone have any suggestions? Edited by NoPeace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
QUOTE (NoPeace @ Feb 10 2008, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well after reading geiseric's post about copper in the how to section i realized that HEY wow my hookah has a copper interior which would explain why when i clean it out there is a blu-ish green resin in it. well when copper oxidizes it forms a blu-ish-greenish rust!!! yea so my hookah is not only putting carcinogens in my body but also large quantities of copper!!! yay! lol. never ever using that hookah again. im thinking of maybe going to the doctors to see if the amount of copper in my body is higher than normal. any comments?

EDIT::
oh yea i was looking up side effects of copper at high levels for short term and WOW guess what i found out. originally i thought that my friends and i were getting headaches from CO poisoning, well guess what. it was copper!!!! yay!!! do u think me smoking from that hookah like 4-6 times a month for the past year is really bad fro me? should i be concerned because i heard it affects developement and growth

EDIT:: again
should i see a doctor? anyone have any suggestions?


If it really bothers you that much, then yes go see a doctor.

The head aches could still be from CO, and not copper, especially from quicklites. It all depends on how much you drink/eat before and after, how many times you hit it, and if you breathe in between pulls. Edited by Bryantos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
YES. go get checked out. Copper is known for having arsenic in it during smelting. At very low levels arsenic is dangerous and can be deadly. Even trace amounts can affect your body. Definitely get yourself looked at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
personally i wouldnt worry about it. going to the doctor would be a waste of time and money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
...what kind of hookah? One of mine did that before...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
QUOTE (Canon @ Feb 10 2008, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
personally i wouldnt worry about it. going to the doctor would be a waste of time and money.



thats not true...

Its good to get checked out every now and then and have a blood test done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I highly doubt you are getting the copper hot enough todo any damage.

My entire house [along with 99.9999%] of all other british houses uses copper pipes for water.

I think this is a complete over-reaction.

Q - the copper argument. AGAIN.

JD Edited by Johnny_D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yeah, the liars at smokinghookah.com who advertised a 'stainless steel shaft' ended up sending me (found out way later) a shaft that ended up with that green indicating cheap copper.

Be safe, stay with Stainless steel. Commercial kitchens use it for a reason-it doesn't rust, it cleans nice, and it doesn't add anything bad to the smoke.

Myas - among others but I don't know which ones - have stainless shafts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
like JD said, it doesnt get hot enough to release anything toxic. the hottest that the downstem gets is i would say (guessing here from some of my extreme smoking sessions) mabye 150-170.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
QUOTE (Canon @ Feb 10 2008, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
personally i wouldnt worry about it. going to the doctor would be a waste of time and money.


Thats cause you're hardcore canon >_>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...