Khalil Mamoon Pear (Single, Double, Triple)

austinthecity

Got this hookah from HC, after talking with their rep, George. They didn't have the KM in that I wanted, so George worked with me and showed me some pics of a KM that wasn't on the site.

Got it for a great price, and it is a great quality smoke.

Appearance: Looks wonderful from over 5 feet away. I love the looks of the KM stem and this hand painted base. Few small cracks on the blue marble, but it in no way affects the performance. 9/10

Functionality: Smoke like a champ! Very easy draw and huge clouds. I had to add a little bit more heat than I'm used to on my funnel for non-tangier's tobacco, but it's worth it! 10/10

Durability: Stem and traditional heart are hollow, but the welds look solid. Good craftsman ship and the funnel bowl even lived through a 2' fall to a glass table and the floor. (stupid drunk friend!) Looks very durable and long-lasting. The only drawback is that I wouldn't trust putting to much pressure on the blue marble, so I feel like I'm always awkwardly holding it to clean it or put it in the base. 8/10

Overall: Great hookah for the price and smokes amazingly!

• 3 weeks later...
I have over two years experience smoking hookah, I know what Im doing and have owned 12+ hookahs

Let me say this is the best hookah I have owned Hands down, better than the tri-metal and better than my Al Fakher 26''

Looks: This is a stunning handmade Egyptian Pipe, it towers at 35'' The blue perl looks gorgeous in the stem and the base has a nice tint as well, the Stainless shaft make it superb. The welds are clean and the whole construction of the pipe is just awesome, what can i say, its a KM! 10/10

Stability: Ok, this is a tall hookah I know! the base is not completely flat but that is what happens with a hand made product, it wobbles when you set it down but once you start smoking it is stable as ever! I just have to be careful and not bump or knock this hookah because it will come over!! 7/10

Draw: The diameter of the downstem is probably a little over 1/4 of an inch, and it shows! the draw is smooth and takes no effort at all to get a monster hit. the stock hose smokes just as good as a nammor or better! even with ice in the base it was extremely easy to smoke! 10/10

Quality: For a hand made pipe I cannot complain! the welds look clean and the over all ora of the pipe is stunning, the plastic marble is a little cheesy but it looks great! 10/10

Heat management: With the stock bowl, Reynolds foil and small tooth pick holes in a circular patter, accompanied with two golden roll charcoals, this hookah smokes great! heat management is definitely not an issue with this pipe do not be discouraged with the size of it! 10/10

Air-tightness: Assembeled with H20 in the base, put my hand over the bowl, no air was let through, this is tighter than a submarine.
10/10

Overall: I would give this hookah a solid 9.75 out of 10 taking off .25 just because of the tippy base which is no big deal!!!! if you have the money go out and buy this pipe ASAP!

Pics:

• 3 months later...
So i bought this thinking it was a pear but im an idiot

I picked it up used from eric from tangiers.walked out the door with a session under my belt($12) soda($2) and this hookah($70) for $80

Steam: Very light!!!!!!!!!!!!!Lighter than my other KM stem but still very sturdy!

Base:few chips in the paint whatever its still beautiful.

Hose:good hose but like my Nammor better

Purge:best purge i have had yet.Same style valve as my majestic but purges a little better.

Smoke:Huge effortless clouds easy draw for such a big pipe.

so for the bad the only i can think of is its such a tall hookah its kinda hard to clean but ive found the method of pouring a big glass of hot water down the stem works well so not that much of a bad thing just not AS easy to clean as a smaller pipe.

i give it a 9.5/10 for sure

No cam right now but

This Stem

on this base Edited by Dereksd

• 3 weeks later...
This is the first hookah I've owned, and was an amazing birthday gift from my friend Chiefin. I have named it Bobbly Lupo, and if you don't know who that is then I feel bad for you. Chiefin and another friend both have Syrian Chillers (see end of thread pic) and I'd put them all in the same boat as being amazing hookahs.

Setup:
Stock KM hose & Red Nammor washable
Medium Tangiers Phunnel
Fantasia Triple Apple
3 Kings Quicklights (I know... cocos on the way)

Looks: I was holding out for a tri-metal but gave in when I saw this one on Hookah-Company. I don't have pics up yet of the entire bowl but I love the shaded clear-glass look to it, its really clean which is what I was looking for. The metal work and welds are very well done, and the black "pearl" really ties it all together well. The hose is probably one of my favorite parts of this pipe, the thread work on it is really cool and it again adds to the overall look.
10/10

Stability: The vase on this thing huge to say the least. Its very thick, and has a very wide bottom which makes it great as far as stability is concerned. Also included was a rubber "cap?" for the bottom of the vase that esssentially prevents it from sliding around on anything. (I'll get some pics of it if anyone is curious) It's a tall hookah but a very stable one.
10/10

Draw: Mother of god... The down stem on this thing is wider than any hookah I've seen, and you can tell each time you take a hit. The top pan doesn't fit tight, but rather sits on a metal support, so when you get it going it rattles like a train. The noise it makes is the only thing that I don't particularly like about this pipe but with some work I can easily fix it. The stock hose that it comes with resembles and razan/nammor but is a little bit thinner in diameter, so it doesn't draw as well. I borrowed a friend's nammor and it hits much better. The stock hose is certainly usable and would work well for most anyone, but I will be buying a razan/nammor for it soon. All in all this hookah has one of the easiest draws I've smoked, and is only held back by the hose you're using.
8/10 (if using the stock hose, 10/10 with a nammor/razan)

Quality
: Alot of people around have been saying that the quality of KM's these days sucks compared to the old models and while I don't have experience with the older pipes, this one is built very very well. The metal is flawless all around, the down stem isn't bent or tarnished in any way, and the welds are well done.
10/10

Other Comments: One of the coolest things about this KM imo is that the metal tray support is stamped from a keg shell! There is text in a few languages that reads "Keg Under Pressure" amongst the stampings. Sadly the pics of this part are on my home computer but ill try to update this thread tonight. I'd reccomend to anyone getting this hookah to grab a phunnel bowl and razan/nammor as it will make a huge difference. All together, I couldn't be happier with this thing, we rotate this guy along with a Syrian Chiller and both offer amazing smoking experiences.

I'll post a few more detailed pics tonight when I get home, somehow they didn't make it in the email.

Pics
Outside in Austin Tx

My buddy Chiefin

Setup with med. tangiers phunnel. Its too fucking hot outside...

With the Chiefin's Syrian

Warming up...

Chiefin like an indian

Closeup of hose

Vase & huge ass grommet

The 3 wise men

• 4 weeks later...
Got this pipe from thehookah.com.

LOOK: its very traditional with the exception of the pearl being all tripped out, thats why i bought it. the base is clear with an gold elephant on it. the metal is really clean, super shinny. there is one weld on the pear that is a little messy, it doesn't bother me. The hose is nice. its like the nammor but i dont think it is washable.

FUNCTION: has the KM pull that everyone talks about. If you are reading this and don't know what the km pull is like then breath in right now, take a deep breath and let it out, that is the KM pull that everyone talks about. Its the best hookah i own.

RATING: if you don't have a KM, you should buy one soon. i came from 3 Mya's and a Syrian Glyph and now that i have a KM smoking has become more enjoyable. 10/10 GET ONE.

• 1 month later...
i have this exact same hookah in black as well and i love it to pieces. i got mine for a really good price down in denver. i use a nammor hose aswell and it rips me to shreds too. i cant sing enough praises about this hookah. its beautiful and well constructed. and so tall. i have to take mine apart to get it into a carrying bag. i love it. and it has a nice wide ash tray. i have a mya diamond and i love it too but this hookah just smokes better. i give this hookah a 5 out of 5

• 5 months later...
KM Faridat

Style: Great looking Hookah. The pear is a great accent to the small stem. Couldn't ask for a cleaner looking package.

Stem: The stem is very solid, as would be expected in a KM. The small size seems to make the stem even stronger, it feels more durable then my exotica stem. The welds are clean and hardly noticeable unless specifically looking for them. The hose ports are very large and hold a standard KM hose well. The purge is amazing as is the case with all KM's.

Over All Impressions and Final Thoughts:
This is by far my favorite pipe. It smokes effortlessly and is a beautiful addition to the stable. Its small size is perfect for transportation, and yet it is large enough to satisfy. If you can find one I highly recommend it.

Pros:
-Looks amazing, by far my favorite KM Stem.
-Small Size makes for easy cleaning and transport.
-Great Draw for a small hookah.

Cons:
-Like there would be a con to this hookah, its a KM!

ON TO THE PICS

Whole Hookah

Stem and Pear

Top of stem

Crown Flower

Soon to come- smoking pics!

I got this pipe from Hookah-Company, it came with a medium phunnel and a Grand Caravan Washable hose for roughly $90

Hose: Grand Caravan Hose... my favorite hose of all time, stylish, superb draw, durable. The cord and handle is wrapped incredibly tight.

Bowl: Medium Phunnel.. 'nuff said.

Grommets: Came with all neccesary grommets, they get the job done.

Vase: The vase is very sturdy and beautiful... according to Hookah Company the gold accents are actually 18k gold. I have no reason not to believe that.

Stem: The stem is very sturdy.. the stem+vase combined weigh roughly 8 lbs.. the stem alone makes up for a bit over half of that weight. Very thick construction and clean welds. Plus the pear looks incredible.

Tray: Stamped with Khalil Mamon's symbol and signature, a good size quality tray.

Other: The purge is great, clears all the smoke out of the base with minimal effort.

Overall: Standing at 28" tall this hookah is the perfect inbetween hookah... not so large that it's a pain to clean, small enough to still be transported easily... and smokes like a dream.

Personal Thoughts: I'm oversly satisfied with this hookah, I would buy again give the opportounity.. if you see one for a good price somewhere, get it and you won't regret it.

Pics!

• 1 year later...
This is my review for the KM Pear (Caramana). I got the stem for $31.99 and the red glitter vase for $19.99, totaling $55 shipped using discount code, from a vendor I shall not speak of. I feel like I got away with robbery I got this thing for so cheap compared to buying just the stem+vase elsewhere or the whole hookah package. The stem is very nice, with the weld marks typical for KM but not too bad- could be much worse. I love the design, especially on the tray holder. Too bad it's always hidden under the tray, lol. It's a KM, so it smokes amazingly, which means huge doomsday clouds. The draw on this thing is smoooooth and effortless. The vase is not by any means the best... Paint's rubbing off like crazy. The red part especially, which disappoints me. But this is expected with Egyptian vases, so I'm not going to complain. The stem fits okay on the vase, but the grommet is a bit too small I believe. When I purged I noticed a little smoke shooting out one side of where the stem meets the vase, at the grommet. I twisted it around a bit trying to make a more airtight seal and it fixed it. I'm going to wrap the grommet with electrical tape to make it a tighter fit. Right now if I were to pick it up by the stem the vase would fall right off. That I don't like. So definitely gonna tape it up. The stem is like I said very beautiful and after some cleaning had it sparkling (the thing was dirty, but that's usually how KMs are when you get them in the mail). Overall, I think I like this KM better than the OG Trimetal I had. For me it's more aesthetically pleasing and it's my favorite color combo- black and red. I smoked two rounds of Coconaras so far. The first round I used my small Tangiers phunnel with Nakhla Mizo Peach. The second round was my Mini phunnel with Tangiers Lucid Cocoa. Huge clouds with both. I would've gotten pictures of that, but my cell phone doesn't capture clouds very well and the gf's cam was dead, and no video because I don't yet know how to capture vid on the webcam on my new Macbook Pro. I give this KM a huge 10/10. I'm very happy with it and plan on it being my only hookah for quite a long time. So if you don't need a bowl or hose, definitely pick up just a stem and vase. It's well worth it for the money you save.

Pics!

[img]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p40/INCUBUSRATM/Random/DSC01040.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p40/INCUBUSRATM/Random/DSC01037.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p40/INCUBUSRATM/Random/DSC01038.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p40/INCUBUSRATM/Random/DSC01044.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p40/INCUBUSRATM/Random/DSC01035.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p40/INCUBUSRATM/Random/DSC01034.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p40/INCUBUSRATM/Random/DSC01033.jpg[/img]

Btw, the hose there is a custom handmade by delSol_si, and I ripped apart a Nammor to use the hose from it. I love it. The phunnel there in the pic is my Mini.

• 4 weeks later...
Khalil Mamoon Green Double Pear

[b]Advertised Height:[/b] 36"

[b]Stem:[/b] Stainless Steel
[b]Heart: [/b]Closed

[b]Pull:[/b] Loose. Equivalent to inhaling through a paper towel roll.

[b]Pros:[/b]
+ Loose pull
+ Solid Construction
+ Solid Welds
+ Airtight

[b]Cons:[/b]
- Long length reduces cleaning convenience
- Irregularities to welds due to handmade construction

[b]Final Thoughts:[/b] I found it particularly hard to do a review for a hookah. In my opinion, they should basically be objectively judged on three things: pull, build, and material. As for this KM, the pull is your typical wide open KM pull. Negligible resistance. This is a good thing if you pack tighter egyptian bowls, because the looser pull doesn't add any more restriction. The welds are solid, yet some aren't as clean as others. The entire hookah, despite being stainless steel feels extremely well built. It lacks the heft of a brass pipe, but that doesn't diminish it's ability to smoke. Edited by Arcane

• 3 years later...

Im going to be reviewing the km double pear. (km double pear short ) is what it said on Hookah-shisha when i purchased it. i bought it for 30 percent off so it was a great price.

Let me just say i love this hookah. second one i owned after a mya qt. and its a huge diffrence like night and day. haha i pick up my old qt and think how could i ever have used something so small.

LOOKS- IT LOOKS BEAUTIFUL. I GOT THE BLUE ONE SO THE PEARS ARE NOT JUST ONE COLOR THEIR FILLED WITH LOTS OF DIFFRENT SHADES OF BLUE. ITS A NICE LIGHT SOLID PIECE. MEASURES 37 INCHES WITH A FUNNEL BOWL ON TOP. SOME UGLY WELD MARKS HERE AND THERE BUT SOLIDLY PUT TOGETHER. THE PAINT ON THE BASE DOES SEEM TO RUB OFF QUITE A BIT...I DONT KNOW IF THATS A PROBLEM WITH THE OTHER COLORS IT MIGHT JUST BE WITH THIS TYPE OF BLUE PAINT SINCE ITS REALLY LIGHT

STABILITY- FOR A BIG HOOKAH IT DOESNT WOBBLE SO MUCH, I PUT THE VASE PROTECTOR IT CAME WITH AND I THINK THATS WHAT HELPS WITH IT FROM NOT SHAKING. IF YOU PUT IT ON A TABLE OR ANY SORT OF BASE IT TENDS TO BE TO TALL AND YOU HAVE TO STAND UP TO FUSS WITH THE COALS. SO ITS BETTER OFF LEAVING IT ON THE FLOOR...THEN THE BOWL IS EYE LEVEL (:

SMOKE- I ALWAYS GET BIG TO DECENT CLOUDS DEPENDS ON THE TOBACCO. I USUALLY USE A PHUNNEL BOWL CUZ I BROKE MY EGYPTIAN THAT CAME IT HAHA. BUT THE STOCK IS NICE TOO.

OVER ALL IT IS A VERY NICE HOOKAH. (PLUS ITS MY FIRST HOOKAH I BOUGHT SO I HAVE TO BE PROUD OF IT) I THINK ITS THE PERFECT SIZE NOT TO BIG NOT TO TALL. NOT TOO EXPENSIVE LIKE OTHER KMS I'VE SEEN. JUST RIGHT. LIKE MY PORRIDGE.