Tar Content

QUOTE (QuiltedMaple @ Feb 4 2008, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just want the vapor heads and tar non-believers to suck these pictures down niiiice and sloooow. Didn't matter how much, just that there is some.

-QM

SO theoretically, a hose with a filter would do you good... Plus some of the tar crap sticks to the inside of the hose as well.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (mathuv @ Feb 4 2008, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (QuiltedMaple @ Feb 4 2008, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, a 20 minute power solo session. Not nearly a whole seeion, but a session at that.

-QM

well thats still a lot less tar than i got from one cigarette in 10 mins..

Yeah man, that shit is like dark yellow and dark brown...

QUOTE (ZenSilk @ Feb 4 2008, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (mathuv @ Feb 4 2008, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (QuiltedMaple @ Feb 4 2008, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, a 20 minute power solo session. Not nearly a whole seeion, but a session at that.

-QM

well thats still a lot less tar than i got from one cigarette in 10 mins..

Yeah man, that shit is like dark yellow and dark brown...

even after going through the cigarette's filter..

I have done this before, only through the hose, and i got no tar. I used a cotton ball, and then a wet cotton ball. I got no residue at all at the tip of the hose, i have stated this before.

ANd i still thing the single handed most destructive force in regards to a hookah is the Carbon Monoxide. Delete that factor, it becomes much healthier.

The tar is visible BEFORE you actually inhale it. The yellow smoke is in the chamber, through the water, not in the exhale. You know why your lungs turn black after smoking for a long time? Your lungs get the abuse of the tar.

So the hose acts as a filter all it's self? I doubt it,

-QM Edited by QuiltedMaple

QUOTE (ZenSilk @ Feb 4 2008, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (QuiltedMaple @ Feb 4 2008, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will have picture up SOON. mapping out my experiment. I CAN'T WAIT!!!! They show clear indication of color when entering the chamber through the water. Then they will show the no show of color indication through the exhale of smoke.

-QM

Cause the cilia in your throat and lungs traps it in. happy.gif

I quoted my quote. smile.gif

QUOTE (QuiltedMaple @ Feb 4 2008, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The tar is visible BEFORE you actually inhale it. The yellow smoke is in the chamber, through the water, not in the exhale. You know why your lungs turn black after smoking for a long time? Your lungs get the abuse of the tar.

-QM

Not a filter... kind fo as a third (or fourth or fifth) lung.
ANd after the amount of inhales of one session, it's gunky on the inside.
Leather hoses have it worse since they are more grainy than Nammors.

QUOTE (QuiltedMaple @ Feb 4 2008, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

-QM

so let me get this straight....before you inhale it its there and after it isnt? :S

QUOTE (QuiltedMaple @ Feb 4 2008, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very nice, very nice indeed.

I will conduct this experiment again with more suitable evidence (mutiple bowls in a group, longer duration of smoke, etc.)

-QM

SO really theer is eveidence when you wash out a nammor of the amount fo tar entering your lungs.

QUOTE (mathuv @ Feb 4 2008, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

-QM

so let me get this straight....before you inhale it its there and after it isnt? :S

Yes because it's in your body! Think of your throat and lungs like the spinning carpet attatchment for a vacuum; those little things that pick up hair on the spinner are like the cilia in your lungs, they trap particulates. Edited by ZenSilk

QUOTE (ZenSilk @ Feb 4 2008, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

-QM

Yes because it's in your body! Think of your throat and lungs like the spinning carpet attatchment for a vacuum; those little things that pick up hair on the spinner are like the cilia in your lungs, they trap particulates.

cool...wait..not cooll..that cant be good xD

QUOTE (mathuv @ Feb 4 2008, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (ZenSilk @ Feb 4 2008, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

-QM

Yes because it's in your body! Think of your throat and lungs like the spinning carpet attatchment for a vacuum; those little things that pick up hair on the spinner are like the cilia in your lungs, they trap particulates.

cool...wait..not cooll..that cant be good xD

That is what causes cancer! smile.gif

QUOTE (QuiltedMaple @ Feb 4 2008, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very nice, very nice indeed.

I will conduct this experiment again with more suitable evidence (mutiple bowls in a group, longer duration of smoke, etc.)

-QM

Not disagreeing with the outcome, but I do have a few questions about what you did exactly. First off, you said earlier on the thread that you can actually see yellow smoke? I dunno about most people on here, but the only smoke that I ever see is white... Also did you smoke actual shisha or did you just use glycerine (I think you mentioned something about it earlier)? Finally, what kind of coals did you use? I think I will set up my hookah this weekend with a cotton ball at the grommet where you hook the hose up as well as one in my hookah filter at the end of the hose (to see mostly if putting a cotton ball on the base catches most of the tar, which may actually be a good idea). I'll try Rolland quicklightes and some Diamente natural fingers as well to see the difference between natural and quicklight charcoal.

QUOTE (QuiltedMaple @ Feb 4 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But vapors don't have tar right?
Hookah is inhaling vapors and not smoke, so it must be carcinogen free!
-QM

Theer has to be a thick glass screen in order for it to be ligit vaporizing. Cause no matter what, with a foil screen or screen, you are burning tobacco and glycerine. Both are made of plants, so naturally produce some form of tar.

If you actually vaporized Shisha then there in fact would be almost no tar.