Looking For Al Fakher In Canada

QUOTE (gaia.plateau @ Aug 29 2008, 02:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If anyone is interested in getting incredibly cheap AF in Canada, full selection of flavours, for cheap shipping and no taxes, PM me.

Oooh, ooooh, me, me smile.gif
Pm'd

QUOTE (brownwarriors @ Aug 15 2008, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looking for MINT AL Fakher... actually anything AL FAKHER.
how much for a bulk to Montreal?

Give me an estimate.. maybe around 10X250 boxes. I would be down for a good price (including shipping)

If you use online vendors you can get that from the states for about $85-100 shipped.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I've ordered from mn and hs and have never had a problem with duty.
I live in Calgary and first called a few tobacco shops. Apparently it was about $22 for 50g of shisha around here, so I was very willing to risk it with online as even if i DID get taxed it'd still be cheaper than buying shisha around here. Cafe med in calgary will sell shisha for 15, although I'm not sure how much is really in the bags and they don't have a huge selection. For in the city, theyre definitely the best place to go.
But for anyone in Canada I'd reccommend mnhookah.com
those guys really know theyre shit when it comes to shipping

Oh, and they definitely have AF

QUOTE (momentum @ Dec 5 2008, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I live in Calgary and first called a few tobacco shops. Apparently it was about $22 for 50g of shisha around here, so I was very willing to risk it with online as even if i DID get taxed it'd still be cheaper than buying shisha around here. Cafe med in calgary will sell shisha for 15, although I'm not sure how much is really in the bags and they don't have a huge selection. For in the city, theyre definitely the best place to go.

Edit: I just received a large order from hs today, and it was taxed, heavily.
My glass base of my vortex also came broken, so theyre sending me a new one.
For ordering shisha, I would suggest mnhookah, as I havent been taxed ever ordering from them, this is my first order from hs and it was taxed, so i wont be ordering shisha from them again. However, they have a good selection of hookahs and good deals on that, I'm very surprised mine came broken. The customer service there is great though, and the free mini mya acrylic came fine and is working great.
For shisha I'm sticking to mn from now on, at least for ordering in Canada.

How much were you taxed?

QUOTE (momentum @ Dec 5 2008, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (momentum @ Dec 5 2008, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Edit: I just received a large order from hs today, and it was taxed, heavily.
My glass base of my vortex also came broken, so theyre sending me a new one.
For ordering shisha, I would suggest mnhookah, as I havent been taxed ever ordering from them, this is my first order from hs and it was taxed, so i wont be ordering shisha from them again. However, they have a good selection of hookahs and good deals on that, I'm very surprised mine came broken. The customer service there is great though, and the free mini mya acrylic came fine and is working great.
For shisha I'm sticking to mn from now on, at least for ordering in Canada.
Edited by SmokinMoose

i ordered some stuff from hookah-shisha, they shipped it usps. if i recall recorrectly, i bought 1 x 250g of tangiers, 1 x 250g of al falker, 1 x 250g of starbuzz...nammor hose, some coals.

the total extra amount i had to pay was $50. i think that includes duty on tobacco which is 100% ($40) + handling charges.

i ordered from hs before, never got hit. but now i dont want to take that chance. tongue.gif

Yeah, well I ordered 1600 grams from hs,
ugh
well, you probably got lucky, which is awesome
I'm not gonna order shisha from them anymore, but they have a really good selection of tons of other stuff
When they sent the replacement base for my vortex I ordered my phunnel at least, so that's good, also means no taxes whatsoever =)

The taxes were about $300 for 1600 grams, which is harsh considering that thats more than the original order ($275 for the vortex,shisha,box of coals, and making the free hookah a two hose).
I was considering returning to sender until I realized the most brutal part of all of this, is that even with the heavy taxes, its STILL cheaper than buying it here. I called smoke shops in Calgary and they were selling 50 grams for $20?!
So in an odd way it was still cheaper this way, but much more expensive than ordering from mn.
MN is my savior from now on.

at the very least, because of the vortex coming broken, theyre sending me a replacement base, on which I added a tangiers phunnel to it.
Otherwise I probably wouldnt have ordered it as shipping + wait time just doesnt seem worth it, but since the shippings free and Im going to have to wait anyway, its at least a nice little thing to look forward to =P

I used to order from H-S all the time, until they started writing on the customs forms TOBACCO. If you were taxed when ordering from them, check your custom declaration form. H-S started writing tobacco on the form (they used to say molasses).
I ordered just under 2kg, (i think 7 boxes of 250g), and the duties/taxes were over $700 (SEVEN HUNDRED). lol.. return to sender indeed.. the tax is somewhere like 400%, and they do it by weight, including the molasses, not the declared value.. and yes, i tried appealing, it was denied. at least here in Quebec.

mn is the place to go (so far so good. just placed a order 8x250g).

QUOTE (momentum @ Dec 7 2008, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The taxes were about $300 for 1600 grams, which is harsh considering that thats more than the original order ($275 for the vortex,shisha,box of coals, and making the free hookah a two hose).
I was considering returning to sender until I realized the most brutal part of all of this, is that even with the heavy taxes, its STILL cheaper than buying it here. I called smoke shops in Calgary and they were selling 50 grams for $20?!
So in an odd way it was still cheaper this way, but much more expensive than ordering from mn.
MN is my savior from now on.

at the very least, because of the vortex coming broken, theyre sending me a replacement base, on which I added a tangiers phunnel to it.
Otherwise I probably wouldnt have ordered it as shipping + wait time just doesnt seem worth it, but since the shippings free and Im going to have to wait anyway, its at least a nice little thing to look forward to =P

If you read up on the forums, there's several threads on this already... of the popular online vendors, HC refuses to ship to Canada due to problems with duties, H-S will ship to Canada but will write "tobacco" on the declaration (and they cannot be convinced to do otherwise), MNH and TDP are the best for filling out customs forms. Also, if you wanted something from HC then you can get it through TDP. I've gotten at least 20 *large* orders between MNH and TDP and have never had to pay a penny in duties or brokerage fees. And when I say large, I mean that some of them required two people to carry the box.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (gaia.plateau @ Aug 29 2008, 01:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If anyone is interested in getting incredibly cheap AF in Canada, full selection of flavours, for cheap shipping and no taxes, PM me.

The meaning of this was to direct people to www.hookahjohn.com, formerly a banned member and in my opinion the best AF supplier in the Western Hemisphere, especially for Canucks. No need to PM me anymore wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
QUOTE (canadian1 @ Apr 16 2009, 01:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is a Nasr Supermarket located in Scarborough at Lawrence Ave E. and Midland Ave.

nasr is located at lawrence & warden... not midland.
also, the last time i went there they only had 50g packs of al fakher grape for $15.
another thing, nasr is apparently closing down.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
just thought id bump this up a little bit. as a frequent purchaser of hookah supplies from hookahjohn ive never had any problems with customs...until now.

i had a package shipped out by John on Nov 3, arrived in Canada on Nov 9. Today is Nov 16 and its still being "reviewed" by customers. usually all my packages are in and out of customs within a day, 2 days maximum. now i know they usually do not work over the weekend but that still leaves 6 business days its been in customs.

i called Canadapost on Friday (Nov 13) and they said its either going through a second inspection or just backed up due to the Christmas season, although he admitted it is quite a long time for a package to be stuck in customs.

ill update as soon as i know more.

btw for anyone wondering what was in the order

2 packages of tangiers
3 pack AF
1 Nakhla Mizo
2 boxes of coals
2 hoses

not a large order by any means...

• 2 weeks later...
Just ordered two 250g boxes from alfakheronline.com, I'm in Canada and have done quite a bit of reading around the internet about ordering shisha to Canada. Seems like it is hit or miss with customs, either they inspect or they let it through.

How is this company for shipping times (i.e. when can i expect my AF?!) and what are the duties/taxes like if this thing does get inspected?

Thanks!

• 1 year later...