Looking For Al Fakher In Canada

Hi fellas,

I recently got 'hooked to hookah' Hookah.gif But unfortunately, can't find much of Al Fakher in Canada. I stay in Vancouver BC and a 250gm pack sells for $60-$80 wacko.gif Due to the heavy customs at the border, importing some from US is not much of an option. Does anyone know about some decent priced tobacco places in Canada? I am willing to pay shipping, paypal and other fees to get some tobacco here.

PS: If you are in Canada and have some Al Fakher for sale PM me with what you have. As I said, I'll take care of shipping and other fees.

PPS: I have about 6 different packs of sealed SOEX and 4 diff packs of High Life Herbal shisha. Looking to trade/sell. Reply back with your offer. Every offer entertained! Edited by hokkahnewb

QUOTE (yota8 @ Feb 1 2008, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Damn i live fairly close to the border... wonder how much trouble i would get in if smuggled ph34r.gif laugh.gif

Well.. its not actually smuggling, its just sneaking in some 'molasses'.. Lol.. Border tax is crazy.. But if you are in Seattle (closest to Vancouver) and can get me some Al Fakher, I am willing to pay up to $30 for each pack of 250gm!

I would have done it myself but I haven't got my passport yet. And I know a lot of the local vendors do that. They either order it as gifts or just cross the border and change the packaging and bring it back. If confronted by border patrol, they simply refer it to as some sort of sweets!

By the way, how many Canadian smokers do we have on the forum? Edited by hokkahnewb

QUOTE (hokkahnewb @ Feb 2 2008, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (yota8 @ Feb 2 2008, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh didnt think about passport... lol do those cost money to get? mellow.gif

Yah.. passports cost money and time. But, you are really close to the border. Wanna visit canada sometime pirate.png !! It'll be worth your while..

Give it 9 months dude, i will be making lots a trips up there then pirate.png

It might... The problem is that the canadian postal services are very expensive. light parcel costs about $10 to post to a town that is 30km away from mine.

If you post 1kg of flavour, the price would be astronomical.

i will check the canadapost site and see if i can get an estimate... Towards what side do u life?

as an example, a 1kg package from Niagara Falls, ontario to Mississauga, Ontario (where i live) is turning out to be $18.68 CAD
Ohh, and i put the dimensions as 15cmx15cmx15cm <--- this is just an estimate... i'm not sure how big the actual box is

QUOTE (Ajnabi @ Feb 7 2008, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
as an example, a 1kg package from Niagara Falls, ontario to Mississauga, Ontario (where i live) is turning out to be $18.68 CAD
Ohh, and i put the dimensions as 15cmx15cmx15cm <--- this is just an estimate... i'm not sure how big the actual box is

Damn... You're in ontario? I'm in NY right across the niagara river from ya. If you ever need something let me know..

It's very possible to work around the taxes... they're provincially managed, but there's no specific federal tax law against shisha and the official policy is that it isn't worth the trouble to make one. If you order the baccy and get taxed, just appeal it and it will be waived.

Alternatively, order from a company that will declare it as molasses or a lamp or something, and as gift. MNhookah will do this, and AFOnline has indicated that they do it in certain circumstances.

I just got an order from AFO where they did it for me... reduced the value of the package and labeled it as a gift, and didn't mention the tobacco inside.

But on another note... I have the following Al Fakher flavors:

250g Golden Strawberry
250g Golden Grapes
250g Golden Eskandarani Apple

50g Cinnamon
50g Berry
50g Orange
50g Pineapple
50g Plum
50g Licorice
50g Cola
100g Melon
50g Apple
50g Apricot
50g Grape
50g Strawberry
50g Cocktail
50g Lemon
50g Cappuccino
50g Banana
50g Cherry
50g Mint
50g Two Apples
50g Coconut
50g Rose
300g Watermelon

All the above is unopened as of now. I'd be willing to part with quite a few of those 50g packs as well, most of them don't appeal to me at all.

Shipping within Canada isn't so bad.. its got a high base price, but to ship all those 50g packs via Canada Post (2 days) would cost about $15, which is pretty reasonable.

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah Shipping curses us all i am in toronto ontario, and going to try and find a place that sells shisha, the problem is prices are ridiculous for a 50g and they are crappy quality, AF personally is good but i have heard good things about Starbuzz and Tangiers. I want to be able to stock up for decent rates. I'm going to attempt to get some from online.

QUOTE (Ghetto Byrd @ Mar 3 2008, 11:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah Shipping curses us all i am in toronto ontario, and going to try and find a place that sells shisha, the problem is prices are ridiculous for a 50g and they are crappy quality, AF personally is good but i have heard good things about Starbuzz and Tangiers. I want to be able to stock up for decent rates. I'm going to attempt to get some from online.

all you will find here in toronto is nakhla. the only store that sells al fakher is nasr foods and they only carry the 50g grape for $15 when i went there last. i order everything online.

QUOTE (Ghetto Byrd @ Mar 4 2008, 01:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah i went to nasr foods and they have disgustingly high prices which is fawked up

their prices are high because they are one of the few stores that sell their tobacco legally, paying all duties required by the government.
i would never buy tobacco from them but i think they are great when i need 3kings.

yeah in victoria nakhlas 20$ for a 50gram. But i havent been back to ask about other brands cause ive just been trading with jflatous lately. Its going great

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...