Gaius Samples

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got done smoking the Peach flavor. It isnt as flavorful as some that I've smoked, but overall it isnt too bad. I can definitely taste the cigar tobacco on the exhale. I didnt get any buzz from it which tells me it is a washed and dried tobacco, probably .05% nicotine content, maybe .2? I dunno. I think they need to work on the flavor, the stickiness of the tobacco, less molasses and more glycerin. I did get really thick clouds with a certain amount of heat. It seems difficult to burn this type of tobacco. I found that when I got a whole third of an exotica and a few other smaller pieces it finally got a little itchy. So it's very durable, I dont want that to go away in the development process. But keeping the leaves separated instead of very clumped together will help during the smoking process. I hope this helps the rest of you who just got your samples to know what to expect.

Nice write up. I had the same experience as you. Could be a good line, by doing what you said, less molasses and more glycerin. I tried all kinds of ways to try and losen up the tobacco, but it was so sticky it was impossible to get any fluff out of it.

I wonder if adding something to it, not molasses or glycerin but a fluid substance to loosen it then remove the fluid and shit I have no idea wtf I am talking about.

I am not sure, but adding something that produces more smoke or anything of that nature wont work if i see it, I wanna say nuke it in the mic for 20 seconds and see if that changes it haha

Got mine today, here's some first impressions:

First off, as soon as I opened the bag, thwe mixture of smells was God Awful!

Indivudual peach smelled good. Lot of honey aroma.

Loaded it into my small phunnel w/mod, below the foil. side note:I have weak lungs, can't stand any brand touching the foil, it makes me hawk up a lung immediately, get dizzy, nauseous.
Put it on my QT, ice in the base.

3 half Golden 40mm coals, I think it needs more. WOK smoke, not as much as AF or SB

Tip split on my MYA hose, didn't like taste. Gave to roommate for cigs, she was nonplussed.

Flavor OK, not strong as AF or SB, cigar-ish taste. Better than most, not as good as some.

Adding 3 squares of Japanese silver coals...Crap! dropped coal on greasy napkin from cat McNuggets...

Fire is out, crisis averted. Coals in place on bowl under wind cover.

Slight burning in back of throat, no coughing, good clouds.

Small head rush, could be from hookah, could also be from jack and jack and coke and three beers. (double shot and 3 beers in 45 minutes)

Peach flavor gone, not a bad cigar taste. Took off windcover for first time. Poured another dbl Jack/coke. (remind me to get more black label, mixing with JD green label). Shotgunned another beer.

Smoke has settled in, peach flavor gone, interesting tobacco flavor out to the finish.

In the end, I think, depending on the price, this will be an occaisional smoke, Monty python style ("And now for something completely different!"). It has potential, I personally would use less honey and more glycerin. I THINK it is unwashed, or partially, as it gave me a buzz and sent my blood pressure up to 149/92, heart rate 132. (this could also relate to respiratory allergy from the detergent aisle at Wally Mart and a skin allergy to a new shampoo). We'll see if the other flavors are similar in the next week or so.

Coals out, heading down to my local dive bar to keep bartender company, help her close up in exchange for free drinks.

QUOTE (dushira @ Feb 6 2008, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has anybody tried mixing Kamal with another shisha?

If it has to be mixed with another shisha, then there is no point in smoking it.

It needs ot be good by itself.

The main problems i pick out are:
1. Too sticky
2. Flavor is semi-reliant on the mouthtip (for God's Sake????)

SO they need to stop using so much Honey, and boost their flavors. Ditch the Mouthtips.

QUOTE (ZenSilk @ Feb 6 2008, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1. Too sticky

This. I finally got it to smoke well after much trial and error, but the end result though was horrible. After I took the coals and foil off, I saw that the tobacco had hardened into a glazed lump stuck to my bowl. I think Kamal needs to take a serious look at whatever they are using for a binder.

QUOTE (ahwahoo2006 @ Feb 6 2008, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (ZenSilk @ Feb 6 2008, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1. Too sticky

After I took the coals and foil off, I saw that the tobacco had hardened into a glazed lump stuck to my bowl. I think Kamal needs to take a serious look at whatever they are using for a binder.

Yep, happend to me with the Phunnel and the Superchief. Like i had to take a sharp object and scraped scraped scraped then used really hot water, bowl looks good as new now dry.gif

well, 7 days after all you guys got your samples, mine are in the mail today. got home last night to a UPS "we tried to deliver but you weren't home" notice.

no work tonight, so i'll be there to catch the bastard.

what seems to be the consensus on the best flavor (i'm to lazy to read thru 10 full pages)

I finally got mine the other day as well and DAMN you guys weren't kidding, this stuff is stickie. I couldn't even pull apart a clump of tobacco. I now have enough for a small bowl sitting out at room temp, as fluffed as I can get it. I'll probably let it go for 24h to see if that would dry it up a bit.

i guess i didnt get in?

even though i emailed before they bumped it to 300...

hmmm

i guess im not too sad though with all the responses...

i bet i get some today now that i posted.

i bet the random people in CA getting it before people in texas is because it takes some time to get 300 things out like that!

QUOTE (EternalSoil @ Feb 6 2008, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i guess i didnt get in?

even though i emailed before they bumped it to 300...

hmmm

i guess im not too sad though with all the responses...

i bet i get some today now that i posted.

i bet the random people in CA getting it before people in texas is because it takes some time to get 300 things out like that!

Yeah i sent it in before there were more than 3 posts in Gaia's main topic. I havn't gotten anything yet.. but hearing all this, i dunno how much i want it. smile.gif

QUOTE (r1v3th3ad @ Jan 31 2008, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OMG mine came today while I was out biggrin.gif
even better....I got two sets(accidentally shipped two to me) wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
So, here on out today until I go to sleep its happy.gif Hookah.gif Hookah.gif Hookah.gif Hookah.gif Hookah.gif

I also received two sets of samples last night when I got home. So in fairness to the company I'm giving one set to my coworker to try and critique. I'm hearing nobody wants to touch the honey but that one smells the most intriguing to me. I'll be trying them when I get home tonight. Didn't have time last night.

'Rani

even better....I got two sets(accidentally shipped two to me) wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
So, here on out today until I go to sleep its happy.gif Hookah.gif Hookah.gif Hookah.gif Hookah.gif Hookah.gif

I also received two sets of samples last night when I got home. So in fairness to the company I'm giving one set to my coworker to try and critique. I'm hearing nobody wants to touch the honey but that one smells the most intriguing to me. I'll be trying them when I get home tonight. Didn't have time last night.

'Rani

Mine arrived yesterday, but my roommates decided answering the door was too much work.

"Dude, UPS came but no one got the door." "Oh, I remember that. That knocking on the door was pissing me off." rolleyes.gif Edited by Ralleac

QUOTE (BohoWildChild @ Feb 6 2008, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

'Rani

I took my second box up to the local hookah bar for the owner to try out.

I didn't read through most of the reviews, but my best advice as far as the stickyness goes is this:

Dump a bowl's worth (Or however much you want) into a tupperware. Mix it up A LOT. Fluff the hell out of it. Then pack a bowl, but don't pack it tight at all. Sprinkle it on as easily as you can while still getting a decent bowl. As I said earlier as well, it takes a lot of heat.

The most important part is to mix it up and fluff it before packing it. This helped tremendously.

I smoked a bowl of it Saturday with some people who have never legitimately smoked hookah before, and they all loved it. There was virtually no pull because I packed it so light, but the taste was still abundant.

And yes, it does taste like cigars / tobacco. It's not a bad taste at all, it just isn't a 'fruit only' taste.

Smoked the mixed berries tonight out my Reg Tangiers Head and it was pretty good biggrin.gif Not sure if the shisha is completely burnt or not but overall it was a good session.