Middle Hole In Phunnel Bowl?

Middle Hole?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer to poke a hole in the middle of a Phunnel bowl?

• Yes
    • No

i usually dont poke the middle hole unless its starting to get harsh then i poke the middle hole and others aroubnd the bowl to relieve the heat and get more air flowing

QUOTE (RayVer @ Jan 29 2008, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the hole in the middle helps for the negative vacuum created by the phunnel bowl which brings the center of the foil down during suction...a good size hole in the middle eliminates this occurance

Guess I've been doing something right... lol_hitting.gif

QUOTE (Canon @ Jan 29 2008, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ray explained it to me. all this science crap that he heard from eric (the guy who made tangiers)

i do it, it doesnt make the smoke any weaker or anything.

QUOTE (RayVer @ Jan 29 2008, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the hole in the middle helps for the negative vacuum created by the phunnel bowl which brings the center of the foil down during suction...a good size hole in the middle eliminates this occurance

hehe is this the science crap? dance.gif
It can be rephrased as - poking a hole in the middle prevents the foil from getting sucked down. wallbash.gif

I've never had a problem with foil getting sucked down over the center hole. Maybe I pack my Tangiers a little higher, or my phunnel has a lower top to the center hole, or I pull my foil really tight...

Maybe I will try it next time just to see if there is any difference. Edited by Twang

If I poke holes with a toothpick I do not use a middle hole. I have been using the how to for Tangiers by mdl to set up the Phunnel so there are holes in the middle then. If you have not tried this for Tangiers yet, you are missing out completely.

No hole. Whatever negative physical suction discombobulation may occur from having the hole, it causes the heat to be directed straight through the phunnel and into the stem, circumventing the shisha... so you're getting less smoke, even though the shisha is just as likely to burn because the top is still just as exposed to the heat.

Mod = win.

I always do it. Massive hits every time.

I have a special way of doing it though, I don't just poke a whole in the middle...next video =]

It will have a slight effect on the thickness of the smoke because with a hole dead center, you guys are getting air directly in, there is nothing to burn over the center whole, while the smoke comes from where the shisha is burning.

edit: gaia got it. Edited by Codename067