[concept] Hookah-saver Bowl

teq

I just recently started smoking again -- this time from a 3 foot egyptian(I've gone through two Chinese no-name hookahs) -- and while it hits outstanding with little maintenance, aside from replacing one of the grommets that came with it, I'm still frustrated with coal as a heating element.

At first I was using nothing but natural coals, but I soon got lazy and bought some decent quick lights. While the quick lights pacify the laziness, as you all already know, they ash constantly and require changing multiple times throughout a session.

So, I got to thinking again, and came up with a decent concept for a bowl/bowl attachment.

Being winter and my car not having a decent defroster, I was left to purchase a 12v cigarette lighter defroster. The thing is horrible for what it was designed for, but at $10, it comes with a ceramic heating element that would be perfect for a hookah heat source.

I was thinking about retrofitting a couple of them with an AC power supply and using it instead of coals. With a variable 12v/5v switch, the heat would be extremely manageable.

To take it a step further, though, it would be easy to add a switch that would be activated based on suction.

Any thoughts?