What Ethnic Background...

Perrj99

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (supersubby @ Feb 26 2008, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Indian...from India...not American Indian..people ask me what tribe I'm from when i say Indian...

Me too! What part of india do you hail from?

100% born and raised in Bombay!
(We got the roots of hookah if I'm not mistaken!) Edited by indian_villager

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (chinamon @ Mar 4 2008, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Ceraziefish @ Mar 5 2008, 12:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll be honest, I have no idea. It's a big mess of Northern European.

I don't care about my ethnicity too much. I'm American, and that's really all that should matter in this country. On the global scale, I'm a human. Ha.

i never understood that mentality.
i think a person's ethnicity is far more important than being american or canadian. being a true american or canadian should really mean that you are a native indian since everyone else immigrated to the land.
when people ask me "what are you?" i will always say "chinese" because that is where i get my culture and traditions from.

QUOTE (Perrj99 @ Mar 5 2008, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But at least you know you're German and Scottish. I've never understood how an educated adult (adopted, extreme circumstances, etc aside) could not know their own ethnic makeup/ancestry.

Well, I do know what ethnicities "make me up," but here's the thing... thanks to the melting pot I'm not more than 1/8th anything -- it's something like 1/8th Polish, 1/8 German, 1/8 English, 1/8 Danish, et cetera et cetera. So, what ethnicity do I identify with? Well, the thing is that I don't get culture and/or traditions from any of them, because my parents were American, and their parents were American, and so on back to about the 1850's. My ethnicity simply is American, I sing the "Happy Birthday" song at birthday parties, I shoot fireworks on the 4th of July and I drink imported beer because I hate American beer (I think this is a fundamental part of American culture).

• 2 weeks later...
I am Bohemian/Czech. My great-great-grandfather came from Psary, Czech Republic. And no, you are not "bohemian like me."

German, Swedish, English, Irish, Choctaw Indian, and few more Scandinavian ancestors....the Indian is the only thing keeping my from being Albino.

• 2 weeks later...
Some English and French I think on my Father's side. Our first ancestor to come to America came in 1660 so pretty much only natives are more American than my family. On my Mother's side we have German and Austrian.

• 2 weeks later...
I am 100% Lebanese (Mayb thats why I am so biased towards Lebanon tongue.gif ). Anyway I was born and raised in the U.S. due to the civil war that occured during my Parents' (Grammar?) time. O and that means plenty hookah smoke in my veins! Hookah.gif Edited by srawas89

my ancestors were druids, and hugonauts.
look it up
my ancestors were the rightful holders of a land we call free
my ancestors were celtic warriors
the blood of kings runs through my veins.
my ancestors slaughtered thier enemies
my ancestors were a kind and fair, just people
my ancestry is human.
just like yours.

I am in need of 10 different pokemon figures. I am missing Pupitar, Pineco, Snover, Azelf, Golem, Ralts, Claydol, Aron, Zapdos, and Budew. I was thinking about buying a collection from this LDU Company in China but I really don't need 288 pokemon figures, and that is the smallest collection that I see them listing on their website www.LDUcompany.com

I am trying to find a place to buy just the ten that I need. Has anyone ever bought pokemon characters from this LDU website? Oh yeah, here is a link to the page with all the pokemons http://www.liangdianup.com/pokemons_1.htm

Any ideas please post and let me know smile.gif

• 4 weeks later...
The two extremes...Irish from my mom's side and Italian from my dad's (they claim that there was A LOT of booze at their wedding, too, to please both sides!) Due to this, my skin is funny in the summer...I tend to sunburn in a heartbeat but then it turns to tan within 2 days. Edited by JazzyPiano