• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (thecoalition @ Feb 26 2008, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
50% polish
25% irish
15% german italian and scotch

= thecoalition

QUOTE (HookahDude831 @ Feb 26 2008, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1/2 Italian 1/4 German 1/16 Dutch 1/16 Norwegian!

lol_hitting.gif

You guys are both less than fully human? Geeze, your math teachers should be cast out from society! Hehehe

QUOTE (supersubby @ Feb 26 2008, 07:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Indian...from India...not American Indian..people ask me what tribe I'm from when i say Indian...

Haha, I'm also Indian (from India) and I get that question a lot to.

Whenever they ask me what tribe I'm from I tell them that I'm the last of the mohicans...

QUOTE (Webbles @ Feb 12 2008, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im Assyrian.

What is assyrian you ask? Basically descendants of ancient Babylonians. Original Arabs you might say, in a way . . . kinda. :-P

My parents are both from Iraq.

i honestly say assyrians arnt arabs in any way. your your own ethnic group/race. assyrians are brutalllllll hahah smile.gif especially the women

QUOTE (Ceraziefish @ Mar 5 2008, 12:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll be honest, I have no idea. It's a big mess of Northern European.

I don't care about my ethnicity too much. I'm American, and that's really all that should matter in this country. On the global scale, I'm a human. Ha.

i never understood that mentality.
i think a person's ethnicity is far more important than being american or canadian. being a true american or canadian should really mean that you are a native indian since everyone else immigrated to the land.
when people ask me "what are you?" i will always say "chinese" because that is where i get my culture and traditions from.

QUOTE (chinamon @ Mar 4 2008, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Ceraziefish @ Mar 5 2008, 12:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll be honest, I have no idea. It's a big mess of Northern European.

I don't care about my ethnicity too much. I'm American, and that's really all that should matter in this country. On the global scale, I'm a human. Ha.

i never understood that mentality.
i think a person's ethnicity is far more important than being american or canadian. being a true american or canadian should really mean that you are a native indian since everyone else immigrated to the land.
when people ask me "what are you?" i will always say "chinese" because that is where i get my culture and traditions from.

Eh, it depends on where you're from and what you have to go by. Most of my family's culture and traditions stem from America on my father's side as they've been settled in Texas for 6-7 generations now. I also have had very little contact with any of my relatives, as I've always lived far away from all of them, so the only family traditions I know of are related to my immediate family rather than my ethnicity. When you get right down to it, though, I'm not a big fan of German or Scottish traditions.

But at least you know you're German and Scottish. I've never understood how an educated adult (adopted, extreme circumstances, etc aside) could not know their own ethnic makeup/ancestry.

• 2 weeks later...
i am italian on my dads side (napoli) and french, german, native american (arapaho) on my moms side. i claim the italian side cause the foods better. no hookah smoking in my background but i guess i'll always have the peace pipe.

• 2 weeks later...
I only know about one side of my family definitively. That side is mostly English, with a little Scots. If you go back far enough (near 800 or 1000 years) there is Norman French and Irish.

According to the genealogy stuff I looked into I'm descended from Edward I of England (... the bad guy in Braveheart) and Prince John (... bad guy in Robin Hood).

Members of my family has been in the US at least since 1610 - one landed at Jamestown, VA that year and another in 1617. At least two Revolutionary War soldiers and a Confederate soldier are in my direct lineage.

Half Mexican, quarter Dutch, quarter German. My dads mom came from Germany just before WWII with her dad, or so I've been told. My Mexican side is like 3rd or 4th generation here. Only speak/understand a little spanish, and I don't even really look Mexican... not even really dark. Heh.

100% german!

nothing but pure bratwurst here! i am very proud of my german heritage, and although there is no hookah culture in my blood..... we DID invent beer!!!

so yeah.....no hookah, but beer sure does kick ass though huh?

QUOTE (Bushbr @ Apr 6 2008, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
100% german!

nothing but pure bratwurst here! i am very proud of my german heritage, and although there is no hookah culture in my blood..... we DID invent beer!!!

Not to get into a pissing contest, but the Germans, although great drinkers, did not invent beer lol. I wish, however... pirate.png

QUOTE (Perrj99 @ Apr 7 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Bushbr @ Apr 6 2008, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
100% german!

Not to get into a pissing contest, but the Germans, although great drinkers, did not invent beer lol. I wish, however... pirate.png

invented, perfected, made it what it is today....... toe-may-toe toe-maw-toe

Austrian- name is derived from Vienna, also might be derivative from the wine makers. wiens or (Viens) Vien= wine. However my family has been German Mennonite until the rise of the first world war where they left for Russia, then before the second world war they relocated to America and settled in the largely German settlements in the Midwest.