Social Smoke Bowl Reviews

gr!m

Bowl Purchased: Social Smoke "Hemi" bowl

Size: I don't have exact specs but this thing is soooo much bigger than the default bowl that came with my pear hookah. Makes pulls easier, easily holds 3x the amount of shisha and make plumes more smoke!

Pull: Made it muc much easier. Very smooth and lots of smoke with little effort.

Smoke: I always do a funeel style pack with a hole in the center. Smokes great, huge clouds from my crappy hookah.

Score: 9/10 Just because this is the best I've had but know there is better.

• 1 month later...
On appearnce:
Social Smoke really likes thier Logo, it's really on the screen and bowl, and even on the hookah plugs I bought also.
Bowl looked great in color, but the glaze had that light marble like cracks all around it, like the color glaze didn't hold before the clear coat. Also came with a thick grommet.

Smoke:
First Smoke: Black Label Grape. Grape was a little dry but not terribly dry. Packed like I always do. Burned it to HELL!
Second Smoke: Chocking the first bowl to bad shisha, I smoked Half Hookah Freak Ambrosia mixed Half Romman Double Apple. Smoke was awesome and huge.

Overall:
9/10 Smoke was great, but the cracked color look, not my thing.

After smoking on this bowl for several weeks, this has become my new go to bowl. Might get another one with a better glaze.

*Edit 6-10-08*
Cracked glaze started leaking out black liquid during sessions. Emailed Social Smoke about it. Didn't even ask, sent me a replacement that day! Edited by Stuie

Here's a SS Hemi Bowl and Stainless Steel screen review sponsored by Social Smoke.

Setup: MZ Horas B, Ice Water, Nammor Hose, Fusion Cactus pear, Natural coals.

Here's everything that came packaged extremely well.

SS's logo on the side of the bowl, my friends commented that it's the best looking standard bowl.

The holes a little bit bigger than that of the skinny part of a golf tee. I thought these holes were gonna be a little bit too big but it proved to provide excellent airflow.

What I liked the most was that it came with this nice grommet. Not very soft but it seals the bowl very well.

Stainless Steel screen. I bend some of the tabs so that it'll stay on the bowl a little bit easier. Strangely, it's not SS's symbol, it's RK or something. Very solid.

Very strange that there was some discoloration after the use. Not very appealing.

Looks great on the MZ

Believe it or not, that is the first draw. Courtesy of my friend.

Thank you very much for all the comments. One thing we have seen is concern about the discoloration of the stainless steel screens. Stainless Steel "stains" due to heat. This is a problem with any high heat application to stainless steel products. Grills, Pots, Pans, so forth. Here is a links that describe this:
http://www.stainless-online.com/cleaning-stainless.htm

Thanks,
Abrahim
Social Smoke

Got this bowl due to SS's promotion. I had very low expectations of it, but I was happily surprised. This bowl is a good shisha saver, because it is wide and shallow. The first time I packed it, I packed about 20-25 grams. I could tell it was too much, bc the shisha burned on the charcoal screen about halfway through.

Next time, I packed 15-20 grams and had a good session. The hookah hits great for the first 15-20 minutes or so, then it gets a lot more thin. I found it very hard to cook the shisha efficiently on the bottom of this bowl.

Overall score: 7/10. I think the flavor and smoke are great for a short session, or if I want to save shisha. However, for a longer session, I would go with my funnel.

Impressed!

those are my first words to describe the bowl that arrived.

It is noticibly wider then the "normal" bowl that came with my hookah. That means 2 thing.

1 I need to use 2 three kings to get it burning good
2 the smoke that it produces is KILLER!

I have not gone back to my old bowl since I have been smoking this new one. It really is great!

Now the screen is a bit of a different story ......

I smoked about 10 bowls with the screen and as others have reported it does change color a little bit.

I feel like it is semi disposible. It IS made well but the screen needs to be thin enough to conduct heat.

All in all the bowl is GREAT!, but I think I would honestly do with out the screen

thank you SS!

I finally got a chance to use this bowl.

I loaded it up with some starbuzz sex on the beach and I used the stainless steel screen that you can get from SS too. The bowl lasted about 2 hours which is good in my book. I was getting great clouds and taste for almost the entire session. This bowl takes way less time to pack especially with the screen I honestly just grabbed bits of tobacco and dropped it in the bowl and I was done in 10 seconds.

Best traditional bowl I have used.

I also got the SS Promotion.

I received the bowl all safe and sound. It was packaged very well. no way that this thing could have even been close to breaking uring shipping. First impression... " shit they didnt get my emai lasking to change the color" then after that " this really isnt as deep as i thought it would be" now dont get me wrong. it is still deep but the pics make it seem deeper to me. Now this bowl is great. I love the screen to. i have used screens before and the smoke usually gets to hot and it gets nasty but this screen seemed perfect. I was getting huge clouds. only problem i could see is that the shish on topped got cooked before alot in the bottom did. I didnt try it but i figure you you could prolly just pulled the cashed shish off and keep on smoking. Overall i love this bowl and the screen. I give it a 9/10 only for the burnt shisha with the good stuff still underneath.

Got the bowl in today... wasnt looking forward to smoking it.

its a shallow bowl with big holes in it. so i packed it up like any other bowl, what i noticed is the pull is almost as good as a phunnel bowl, which surprised me. i recommend this bowl to anyone

9/10

2nd only to the phunnel bowl

I purchased the Hemi Bowl during the promotion. Overall very nice bowl, Looks great, is a really good size, and comes with a quality grommet. I will not smoke really wet shisha out of it (I would use my sc or phunnel) but this is my go to bowl for drier shisha like nakhla which I really like.

If you are thinking of buying a Modern bowl buy this instead if looks better and will have a better draw.
10/10

This bowl is nice for a single session smoke, I smoked some SB Blue Mist out with two little exoticas. It was pretty good, didnt burn the shisha to bad, last about an hour. Barely have to use any shisha so i'll give this a 8/10.

Social smoke hemi bowl
Very nice pull, pretty attractive, wide and shallow
I like it more than my mya standard, so its my favorite traditional bowl I've owned so far
I dropped it on my floor and it only chipped at the base, which I was still pissed about, but I'm surprised it didn't break completely

• 1 year later...
[color="#FF0000"][size="3"][b]Social Smoke Hemi Bowl - REDO[/b][/size][/color]

[b]Height: [/b] 3”
[b]Bowl Diameter:[/b] 2-7/8”
[b]Bowl Depth:[/b] 5/8”
[b]Bowl Capacity:[/b] 15-25g

[b]Construction:[/b] Clay
[b]Appearance:[/b] Very Nice
[b]Cleanability:[/b] Super Easy to Clean

[b]Price: [/b] $6.95

[b]Purchased From: [/b]SocialSmoke.com

[b]Overall: [/b]10/10 This is hands down my favorite Egyptian Bowl. I use it for Nakhla when I don’t want a short session with my Saudi Bowl. I don’t even use a traditional Egyptian after I found this one.

[img]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm126/tunes4x/Hookah%20Bowls/HemiEmpty.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm126/tunes4x/Hookah%20Bowls/HemiFull.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm126/tunes4x/Hookah%20Bowls/HemiSetup.jpg[/img]