"coconara " Taking Orders

theres some black powder inside the box and I put a penny so you can compare them im gonna be used them pretty soon il keep you guys posted

I like how it says "84 Pieces of Art" on the box. Pretty cocky imo but maybe they are just that good! My damn friends need to show up so I can start puffing away! Edited by voski

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice.....

im really intrested;

- How long it takes to get fully lit...

- Is there any taste what so ever... ?

- and how long do they last ? ive heard 1hr - 1.5hr ... is this true ?

damn I doubt i'll be getting mine by tommarow...................

QUOTE (voski @ Jan 25 2008, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I cant light them they were in my firepit for 15 minutes and now i put them on the grill any tips?

Get your stove, if gass just lay it on the flame for no more then 5 min on 1 side...then flip another 5 on the other it shoudl be lit.

If electric wait tell the burner is red hot and place 5 minutes on top and bottom...

DO NOT USE A SMOOTH TOP "GLASS STOVE" ..been told it might crack the surface....

let me know if the stove works... it shoudlnt be hard to light... call up coconara-us ...if it doesnt work...

I found a more destructive/cooler way plus no way in hell my mom is gonna let me light coals on her stove. Uploading the video to you tube now. I also 3 coals 3 times on accident and one of them broke in half so they are pretty sturdy!

here is the vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1r6UJgDxf0 Edited by voski

Anyone else receive theirs yet? Keep us updated on the coals, would like to try something different, so far exoticas I like, I have the Al hambra, wood but the oblong shapes suck, I heard of trial coals, not sure which company makes good ones, but this square ones look decent, if not how are smiley's compared to these?

they last about an hour and a few minutes its just they get so small they don't produce enough heat after a while. They stay lit for over an hour and a half but they don't really do much

they have reviews here on the coal review section. i just put them under a torch for a little bit OR just leave them on a camping stove for like 5 minutes. if you put the coals on the stove before you start getting ready to smoke (i.e. cleaning the water pipe, filling up the base, loading the head) all that stuff the coals will be more than ready to smoke with. they won't be like other coals in the sense that they'll be glowing red hot all over like jap coals or something, but the bottom will be lit...

another thing to note is that after a while the bottom of the coal will blacken out so you need to flip it to the top side which should be red and then the black part will redden out again.