Hey, I have read posts on this board for a few weeks now, and just joined. I have been smoking for a few months, and have a 28" Ballarina 3 hose hookah, and am probabally going to get a 4 hose rotator pretty soon (pics to come soon). Anyway, I have tried several tobbaco brands including Al Amir, Tonic, Starbuzz, and HookahHookah and my favorites have thus far been the Starbuzz and HookahHookah. What are some of your favorite brands for shisha? I was going through the reviews as well, and looking at some pictures it seems that some of the members here put their shisha in a ring around the central holes in their bowls. I was wondering what the advantage to this is? I have always just put my tobbaco all over the bowl in no particular pattern.

Welcome to the boards. You'll find an impeccable amount of information here...

And uh...why do you want a 4-hose rotator? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of needed it to rotate? When I was first in the market for my first hookah, I wanted a multi-hose so bad. I was very interested in the Ballerina, actually. Then I settled on a nice 1-hose Syrian from SocialSmoke and I'll never regret it. Moral of the story, don't get another multi-hose if you already have one, and don't bother with a rotator. All of them I have experienced have seemed cheaply constructed. wink.gif

QUOTE (Plain Old Me @ Jan 18 2008, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, I have read posts on this board for a few weeks now, and just joined. I have been smoking for a few months, and have a 28" Ballarina 3 hose hookah, and am probabally going to get a 4 hose rotator pretty soon (pics to come soon). Anyway, I have tried several tobbaco brands including Al Amir, Tonic, Starbuzz, and HookahHookah and my favorites have thus far been the Starbuzz and HookahHookah. What are some of your favorite brands for shisha? I was going through the reviews as well, and looking at some pictures it seems that some of the members here put their shisha in a ring around the central holes in their bowls. I was wondering what the advantage to this is? I have always just put my tobbaco all over the bowl in no particular pattern.

welcome, now tell me this, what is the point of having 4 hoses when the hookah can rotate? i just dont get it i guess dry.gif

edit: beat me to it Edited by Tom16689

I want a 4 hose rotator because I can get one for $50 lol. It might be really cheaply constructed, but I for my Ballerina for $40 and it works great for me. I don't want the 4 hose because it rotates, but rather because it has 4 hoses. I almost never smoke with less than 4 people around, so it makes sense to me.

Ahh, makes sense. That's a really good deal for the Ballerina, and for the 4-hose. I figured you were gonna pay around $100+ like they seem to be going for on this here intrawebs.

My favorite un-flavored tobacco is Zaghloul, an Egyptian brand. It is strong, and imparts a definite "buzz". Sometimes, I mix it with mint flavored tobacco.

QUOTE (clickhea @ Jan 19 2008, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
welcome aboard

why would you want a hookah with 4 hoses to rotate, think about it for a second

QUOTE (Plain Old Me @ Jan 18 2008, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I want a 4 hose rotator because I can get one for $50 lol. It might be really cheaply constructed, but I for my Ballerina for $40 and it works great for me. I don't want the 4 hose because it rotates, but rather because it has 4 hoses. I almost never smoke with less than 4 people around, so it makes sense to me.

my favortie shisha is Tangiers.

that is a special bowl made by the makers of Tangiers.

it's called a phunnel bowl and its purpose it to keep the juices from the shisha from going down the stem and they sit and simmer in their sweet jucy goodness which makes for a more flavorful smoke!

it was the best investment i ever made for my hookah!

I personally wouldn't ever want to get a hookah with more than 1 hose, I mean wouldnt that just take away from the thickness of the smoke? The best part of smoking the hookah is the huge amount of smoke you get off it. Wouldn't it be like smoke tug-o-war with 4 hoses? Everybody fighting for the smoke?

QUOTE (mackiain @ Jan 20 2008, 08:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I personally wouldn't ever want to get a hookah with more than 1 hose, I mean wouldnt that just take away from the thickness of the smoke? The best part of smoking the hookah is the huge amount of smoke you get off it. Wouldn't it be like smoke tug-o-war with 4 hoses? Everybody fighting for the smoke?

multiple hoses are not made so people can take draws at the same time. they are made so you dont have to pass 1 hose among a bunch of people.

and i have always gotten the same amount of smoke when 2 people draw at the same time as long as one person isn't pullying really hard.

1 hose is good. 2 hoses are fine. 3 hoses are the most id ever consider....4 hoses just takes away the social aspect of it all...anyone can smoke from their own hose but people smoking from the same hose just shows a certain comradery (sp)..

I personally can't see myself ever buying a multi hose pipe. I'd rather own four single hose pipes, set each one up with different shisha and let everyone try them all. In fact, in about a month or so my friends and I are planning to have a hookah party at my place. Everyone will bring their pipes, I'll set up all of mine (I'm up to 6), buy a few bottles of wine, and we're just going to play music, drink, smoke and enjoy life. Of course my two cats will hide because they hate hookah smoke, but oh welll.....

'Rani

IME the smoke from my 3 hose is usually pretty good- on par with single hoses if people don't draw at the same time. However, I have to put a bit more shisha and charcoal on and it does not last quite as long. I haven't tried a 4 hose yet, but I have settled on ordering one. I am also ordering a nice 1 hose at the same time though. When I get them in a few weeks I'll let you guys know how they are. As for a hookah party, I wish we could have one but I am still in college and most of my friends are poor starving college kids without hookahs.

your getting your hookah from kassicro aren't you? I was into that site when I first started hookah because the hookahs were cheaper then the other websites and it seemed like I was getting a good deal. They are cheap for a reason. My best advise is to get a km 1 hose hookah

QUOTE (Canon @ Jan 20 2008, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
your getting your hookah from kassicro aren't you? I was into that site when I first started hookah because the hookahs were cheaper then the other websites and it seemed like I was getting a good deal. They are cheap for a reason. My best advise is to get a km 1 hose hookah

No, I haven't even heard of the site before actually... I am getting my hookah from a local (wholesale) store that also supplies some smoke shops around here.

Edit: Also found out today that the 4 hose hookah isn't a rotator, but just looks like one. Edited by Plain Old Me