Headache Cure?

Prevention is the best cure. Drink liquids while smoking, eat prior to or during your smoke, and pace yourself. If you get a headache, the best thing to do is hydrate and do something to get the blood flowing. Lots of jumping jacks or jogging for a bit. Hurts like crazy but it clears it better than ibuprofen or Tylenol will.

QUOTE (MechAnt @ Jan 14 2008, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Prevention is the best cure. Drink liquids while smoking, eat prior to or during your smoke, and pace yourself. If you get a headache, the best thing to do is hydrate and do something to get the blood flowing. Lots of jumping jacks or jogging for a bit. Hurts like crazy but it clears it better than ibuprofen or Tylenol will.

word i agree with the above.... just make sure your stay well hydrated while smoking...and make sure you take a few puffs of fresh air in between each pull of sheesha. YOU DONT WANT TO GET THAT HYPOXIC HEADACHE..it sucks. But if you do....get out side, get fresh air, take some tylenol and take a lap around the block....or sleep it off

Another hint: caffeine. Ive had migraines for years (comes with a few medical conditions i have) and caffeine is a damn good way to help curve a headache. When i smoke i almost always drink either Sweet Tea or DrPepper (Mountain Dew if im at the lounge) and the caffeine and the sugar in the beverage can help with alot of the side effects of smoking biggrin.gif

QUOTE (EvansLight @ Jan 14 2008, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another hint: caffeine. Ive had migraines for years (comes with a few medical conditions i have) and caffeine is a damn good way to help curve a headache. When i smoke i almost always drink either Sweet Tea or DrPepper (Mountain Dew if im at the lounge) and the caffeine and the sugar in the beverage can help with alot of the side effects of smoking biggrin.gif

Evan, Sweet Tea is just the bomb.

** Sorry for the double post, i had to profess my love.

i'd get horrible headaches from using BCC QL's with my hookah and the only thing that seemed to help was a good, hot shower. letting the warm water run over your face and i guess inhaling that steam helps. we might get a humidifyer for the house. that may cut back on the headahces because if the air is moist enough, i think that the hookah will have a harder time drying your head out.

but the shower thing only helps a little bit and only for that session. switch to naturals. i did and once you do, you'll rarely ever get headaches. since i have been using naturals, i have smoked faster than i should, i don't drink too much water, and i don't eat much before i smoke and i have had no headaches since. that's not true.... i tried the Belgian coals last night and waited until they were all white before i even put them on the bowl - well, i got a headahce right away (not as bad as others) and it stayed for the rest of the night. but i have NEVER gotten a headache while smoking naturals.

(edited for spelling) Edited by Dom

I don't usually have much luck ridding myself of the headache quickly once I have one, but I'm with the others on prevention. Drink a lot, eat first, smoke in a well-ventilated area, and make sure you're not using **** coals or smoking burned/charred shisha. Personally, bad coals seem to be my biggest source of headaches. Edited by Ralleac

Oh and EL's favorite headache medicine: Excedrin Migraine. But EL knows how to take them quite well; I take 3 pills, and then do pressure point therapy on my head to help the process. When i say I've had years of headaches i ain't kidding XD

Nakhla, SB, AF all gave me headaches, but now I am wondering if it was because I used QL's then. Now if I throw on some QL's instead of the naturals I get a headache no matter what I smoke, and as I am sure you all know all I smoke is Tangiers.

• 2 years later...
It is very important to understand that yes coals (those which are not natural, e.g. QL coals) contain chemicals that are very harmful and it is helpful to remember that hookah smoking is almost 2X more harmful in carbon monoxide poisoning than ciggarettes are with CO poisoning. When you feel really good inside and shaky, blurred vision, dizzyness and feeling of being very heavy, you MUST go outside for at least 10 minutes and try out some cardiovascular activities as well as take very deep long breathes to get the oxygen back into your system. The good feeling you feel is not good at all and is not the result of some 'god-like' shisha, it is your blood and your brain being poisoned.

CO is the result of incomplete combustion, with coals this is prevalent. Up to 30-60% of CO gas is inhaled through hookah smoke with Quick Light coals including a chemical coating that allows them to light so easily. I would reccomend AlSultan Natural coals manufactured in Australia. You will only inhale up to 5% of CO during a hookah session and headaches will not occur. It is very hard to remove these headaches (as I've come to notice in my first use of a hookah in this past week) because this is your brain being poisoned and the only cure being a fresh source of oxygen. I have already ordered two 25 pack boxes of AlSultan natural coals and will not smoke hookah with quick-lights ever again, no matter how convenient they may be! I will not sacrifice my health for convenience, as I'm sure many of you do believe in as well.

Caffiene does help because it allows your blood to be thinned and therefore the more easy transporting of oxygen to your body. It does not mean you should continue to smoke hookah because headaches do not occur. CO poisoning will still be existing even though your headaches may dissappear.

[quote name='mushrat' date='04 March 2010 - 12:00 AM' timestamp='1267678811' post='455145']
I find a bc powder and lots of water help.
[/quote]
BC powders +1 or goodies powders. the goodies has aspirin Tylenol and caffeine. I get migraines and goodies have it gone in less than an hour. Mix the powder in some fruit juice the natural sugar will also make you feel better and help to re-hydrate.